AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 20069 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
New review in Polish: https://hdtvpolska.com/sony-xe9005-kd-55xe9005-test-android-tv-2017-4k-hdr/ (pixel structure indicates a Samsung panel, which the X930E also have btw)

:D
--------
Apparently the DCI coverage is actually 95% and a software error is the reason the AV Forum result was lower? Maybe they mean the uv score that was 80% on AV Forums ...
And one more thing they cover that I was wondering about: does it have dark corners like a lot of direct LED sets have? And it seems it does a little ...
Not really sure what the Motion Blur pics are supposed to indicate or at what frame rate they were moving [the text above seems positive and it's not listed as a con in any case]

[and I use google translate as well yes :p; maybe I can ask some who can actually read Polish tomorrow]

900E is turning out to be a nice TV for the price. I like hdtvpokska reviews. They give Allot of details and examples on the TV's they review.

·
Banned
1,240 Posts
New review in Polish: https://hdtvpolska.com/sony-xe9005-kd-55xe9005-test-android-tv-2017-4k-hdr/ (pixel structure indicates a Samsung panel, which the X930E also have btw)
My 2015 Sony X850C has a 2160p Samsung Wide color gamut 10 bit LCD Cell and Sony /Foxconn Triluminos finished panel and lamp assembly like any Sony Triluminous HDR TV with a Samsung LCD Cell or other LCD cell .

None of the Sony Wide color 4K HDR Triluminos VA LCD are beyond a Samsung or other display maker LCD cell that may include an LGD IPS LCD cell or a Samsung PVA LCD cell or something from AUO even on the 4K SDR /1080p sets or finished panels on the cheaper 8 bit color sets and 8 bit + frc panels like the Sony 700D-750D and *maybe Innolux LCD cells on the 85" .

I generally prefer any LCD I buy to have a Samsung VA LCD cell or Samung finished VA panel ..

Reactions: BFJ 96

·
Registered
17,405 Posts
FWIW, I ran the AVS zone count video on a 75" 900E (floor model) and I counted 72 zones.
That's solid. The one review site said their count on the 65" was inconclusive cause they had a hard time. I wouldn't be surprised if the avforums count is wrong because nobody has been able to replicate it. Back in 2015 the 75"940c fooled everyone and even the reviewers counted less than 100 at 1st, only to have a new method used a couple months later and found it had 126, which was confirmed by others using the newer method.

·
Registered
254 Posts
That's solid. The one review site said their count on the 65" was inconclusive cause they had a hard time. I wouldn't be surprised if the avforums count is wrong because nobody has been able to replicate it. Back in 2015 the 75"940c fooled everyone and even the reviewers counted less than 100 at 1st, only to have a new method used a couple months later and found it had 126, which was confirmed by others using the newer method.
Yeah. I am not a display expert so I could be wrong. I assume it has fewer zones than the 940D/E, as it's cheaper and weighs less.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Which site is that? The only one I've seen to report a zone count figure was AV Forums ?

·
Registered
8,211 Posts
Surely there need to be some confirmation of the AVForums zonecount. Would be odd if it turns out that there are lots more zones though.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Just viewed a 75 900E @ my local BB. Store was playing the Revenant via the Panasonic player, & PQ looked Excellent!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Hdtvpolska., posted above. It says right in the review the zone count was inconclusive.
But that was a 55" ;)

(I had not actually read that part yet, only noticed the review itself around midnight my time, but excluded it as a possibility already because it wasn't a 65". Yesterday I 'read' it in Polish and only copy pasted some interesting bits into google translate :laugh:)

Idk if you have watched this one that was first posted :
(look at the end when it goes diagonally, the zones look pretty big)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The best buy I work at now has the 55X900E on display & I can't say I'm disappointed with the out of the box PQ. Colors pop, motion was buttery smooth, blacks were deep. I think this going to be a top 10 set for 2017.

·
Registered
17,405 Posts
But that was a 55" ;)

(I had not actually read that part yet, only noticed the review itself around midnight my time, but excluded it as a possibility already because it wasn't a 65". Yesterday I 'read' it in Polish and only copy pasted some interesting bits into google translate :laugh:)

Idk if you have watched this one that ame] (look at the end when it goes diagonally, the zones look pretty big)

I counted 6 across and 5/6 down. Seems like more than 20. I wouldn't pay much attention to the diagonal issues. Even my ks9800 doesn't do well with the diagonal pattern despite 150 zones. I'm hoping maybe Monday to head to best buy 2 see if they've put any new tvs up. I haven't been there in 2 months now.

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Question: Is this panel a va or ips? how does the xbr65x900e compare to the xbr65x930d?
Answer: Hi C. Haser, this TV has an IPS panel. Thanks, -Mark
By Sony U. MANUFACTURER on March 6, 2017

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-XBR65X9...efinements=p_n_size_browse-bin:1232883011#Ask
If this is an IPS Panel, then SONY has hit this out of park, from all reviews so far.

I picked up an x930D, but am taking it back hopefully today due to bad clouding and this display is now very high on my purchase list.

EDIT: The reviewer from HDTVPolska posted on the last page states the panel is a VA Panel

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
610 Posts
If this is an IPS Panel, then SONY has hit this out of park, from all reviews so far.

I picked up an x930D, but am taking it back hopefully today due to bad clouding and this display is now very high on my purchase list.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Seems they chose IPS for better viewing angle and FALD to compensate for poor IPS native contrast.

61 - 80 of 20069 Posts