AVS Forum banner

11841 - 11860 of 19683 Posts

·
Registered
551 Posts
I've been looking at this tv for a bit now and have a question. I bought the Samsung MU8000 65" and the HDR content is very dim. I have messed with the settings and the only way to it to get somewhat of a decent picture is to set the contrast to dynamic. I'm using a ATV 4K set to match content 4K SDR 60Hz.

Does anyone have any info or opinion if this set would be any better?
Even rtings.com have expressed the Q7F doesn't compare to the 900e. Full array local dimming on the 900e, significantly less blooming, And really great HDR. So yes definitely better than the MU8000.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Even rtings.com have expressed the Q7F doesn't compare to the 900e. Full array local dimming on the 900e, significantly less blooming, And really great HDR. So yes definitely better than the MU8000.
Thanks. I checked out the video for the 900e and really seems to be the better set. I'm returning the MU8000 to day trying out the Sony today.

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
Anyway I was offered a new 850E, but reviews seem to say the 900E was a better TV. The place that sold me the TV called and said they would upgrade me for $200. No brainer. I bought another extended warranty because duh.
That's awesome !! That is a no brainer......... You will be getting a NICE upgrade in quality.....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can anybody help me .

In what way is it possible to reproduce an MKV of 56mbits or more?

Try Streaming and from the Pen and there was no case .....

Thank you

·
Registered
32 Posts
Long time lurker, first time poster. I own one 49" 900e for our bedroom and plant to grab a 65" for our living room soon. I went through the Sony 800e and Samsung UM8000 before finally deciding to jump up to the 900e, and it has been very close to OLED IMO. I own a Lenovo Thinkpad X1 which has an OLED display, so I look at one everyday.

I have a Sony CT800 soundbar using the ARC channel but have my PS3 and a UBP-X800 hooked directly to the TV (instead of using the soundbar as a pass through). I have not experienced any delay in the audio sync with any input, and the signal has never dropped or cut out. I really love that everything (besides the PS3) turns on and off simultaneously with the TV, and I can use one single remote to control 80% of the features on all devices. Kinda strange that Sony decided to use a radio frequency remote and not a Bluetooth one in their higher end TVs.

One cool tip I figured out recently is a task manager built into the TV when holding the Home button for a few seconds. You can dismiss any running apps, and this TV seems to allow three simultaneously. I like to check it from time to time to help free up some memory and help overall responsiveness. It was something I stumbled upon by accident, so I figured I would pass it along to the forum. Cheers!

·
Registered
380 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Also if you want to see some amazing HDR, find Cosmos Laundromat on Netflix. It’s an animated short - kind of goofy but the highlights will make you squint. I looked at this on my P55 about a year ago and it really shines on the 900e.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BJHebert

·
Registered
380 Posts
Yeah I don’t have a 4K setup. I’m waiting until it’s become more widespread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
551 Posts
Thanks. I checked out the video for the 900e and really seems to be the better set. I'm returning the MU8000 to day trying out the Sony today.
Definitely hope you enjoy!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Ok thanks, I got it. It still wasn't working at first, I had to change to picture mode from custom to anything else and then whichever mode I choose for the HDR to kick in and show up.
If your setting the HDR off of auto that's a simulated mode Stranger things season 2 is in HDR not season one.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I’ve got the 65” version of the X900E. I installed the latest update via usb (it wasn’t showing up for me via the tv yet) and had my first episode of red flashing lights when switching over to the PS4 yesterday. I think it flashed red 8 times (2 sets of 4) then rebooted. Worked ok after that.

Beyond that, this latest update has really got me wondering if I can find a happy balance on motion processing. For regular tv, I’m watching Dish Network via a Hopper 3 oh HDMI port 1 since I’m never gonna need HDR from it. I actually like the SOE, but I have issues with it on some channels and it isn’t artifacting. It’s almost like judder, but more like a constant skipping...almost like a strobe light effect. While one channel will be smooth as silk, something else might get that jittery skipping effect. Turning off all motion processing just isn’t an option. I just came from a 60 inch plasma, and the lack of smoothness when it’s all turned off bothers my eyes. I swear it really seems like the processor in the tv just can’t keep up with the motion processing. For now, the best balance I can find is Motionflow on custom, smoothness at 2, clearness at min, and Cinemotion on high.

My set is a November build, has the light band/bleed edges on some scenes on the left, right, and top. It was purchased from a third party through Amazon and I have through Feb. 3rd to return it. I’m tempted, but I have no idea what I’d get in it’s place. It would have to be something from Amazon, because I paid for half of the TV with a Amazon e-gift card.
When I bought my Acer XB270HU Gsync monitor about half of forum users complained of minor light bleed, IPS glow, and issues with getting Gsync to work flawlessly. But lots of them ended up going through multiple RMAs, and often got panels that were even worse than the previous. When you factor in your time and your sanity you really have to ask yourself if it is worth searching for the holy grail panel? Or just wait it out and get used to the minor annoyances. My Acer wasn't perfect, but a few months after setting it up I started to barely notice the slight glow in the upper corner, and now I don't even notice it unless I am looking for it.

I know everyone has different tolerances to these minor bugs, but you might never end up finding the "perfect" panel if you don't make at least a few concessions...:)

I leave Motionflow off to avoid the almost inevitable interpolation side effects, plus my wife and I both hate the soap opera effect, but to each his own I suppose.

·
Registered
223 Posts
SOE was strange at first but now it doesn't look fake. After a year it just looks a lot clearer i can't watch a movie with film grain anymore.

·
Longtime Member
327 Posts
Is there any consensus? Should I use HDMI ARC to listen to OTA and built-in apps or should I use optical?

Thank you,

11841 - 11860 of 19683 Posts