AVS Forum banner

14301 - 14320 of 19683 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Was trying to update via usb and wouldn't work. Kodi was poping up after a reboot so i unistalled it and now its updating

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Link to show Banding issue on my

tv A short clip from the movie justice league.

https://youtu.be/Ie4dM6UXSCc
Yeah, I can see it a bit in your clip. I don't get it in "normal" content (anything with some contrast and light) which is most content. I don't see it in sports (panning shots) either. It's just whenever you have low light scenes and some pops of light.

Whisper Status 74 on Youtube had a post about banding on his X900E. I don't really see it in his clip but he thinks a certain amount is acceptable. The problem is what one person sees, another can't:

·
Registered
202 Posts
Yeah, I can see it a bit in your clip. I don't get it in "normal" content (anything with some contrast and light) which is most content. I don't see it in sports (panning shots) either. It's just whenever you have low light scenes and some pops of light.

Whisper Status 74 on Youtube had a post about banding on his X900E. I don't really see it in his clip but he thinks a certain amount is acceptable. The problem is what one person sees, another can't:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5K5C-6BK-g&t=2s
Yeah, I am hoping I don't wind up getting a tv that has even more banding come tuesday. Such a risk returning because you may get a tv that has more banding then the one you are returning.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Youtube HDR now is working!!

SmartYouTubeTV CAN play HDR youtube on Sony TV's and its a modified official application.

1.download SmartYouTubeTV from here: github.com/yuliskov/SmartYouTubeTV
2.install on your tv
3. on the loader screen choose "4k Alt version" and check "update","autoframerate" and "remember"

launch the new youtube and enjoy! (tested succesfully on 55XE9005)

·
Registered
941 Posts
Can’t seem to get my TV to update, Oct is the last time it updated when I bought it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
If it doesn't age, then how do you explain the burn-in suffered by another forum member who posted pics of it, after leaving his game console on for 24 hours at a time? LED panels aren't supposed to suffer burn-in either.
There are always exceptions to the rule, as I noted I would wait 200 hours ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Anyone know what was in this latest update ?
This is what i was hoping for, the hdr gaming fix:

This software update (version PKG6.2858.0082NAA) provides the following benefits:

Improves general performance of the TV
Resolves a condition where the TV goes to 8X red LED blinking when starting to play games (HDR content) from the PS4™ Pro gaming console (XBR49X900E, XBR55X900E, XBR65X850E, XBR65X900E, XBR75X850E, XBR75X900E)
Improves performance for Amazon Prime® video playback
Resolves a condition where a short beeping sound is heard when changing channels

·
Registered
8 Posts
Perhaps just a fluke but I had installed the January update via USB, and just installed the 3/20 update via USB. TV loaded and installed the update and rebooted and told me to remove the USB device. After removing USB and pressing OK I was greeted to blinking/flashing white screen. Only choice was a hard reboot by removing power, after power up it was back to the flashing and blinking screen. Only choice was a hard factory reset(pressing and holding power and vol down while plugging in TV). I had the January update installed, and I had also ran the debloat script from earlier in thread from XDA forum, also Kodi was installed since a few posts back someone said it affected the update from happening at all. I'm thinking some of the disabled/debloated apps were the root cause, or maybe just a fluke. Just sharing that if you had a similar setup that it is a possibility. Pain in the a$$ to set everything back up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Perhaps just a fluke but I had installed the January update via USB, and just installed the 3/20 update via USB. TV loaded and installed the update and rebooted and told me to remove the USB device. After removing USB and pressing OK I was greeted to blinking/flashing white screen. Only choice was a hard reboot by removing power, after power up it was back to the flashing and blinking screen. Only choice was a hard factory reset(pressing and holding power and vol down while plugging in TV). I had the January update installed, and I had also ran the debloat script from earlier in thread from XDA forum, also Kodi was installed since a few posts back someone said it affected the update from happening at all. I'm thinking some of the disabled/debloated apps were the root cause, or maybe just a fluke. Just sharing that if you had a similar setup that it is a possibility. Pain in the a$$ to set everything back up.
Exact same thing happened here. I think the debloat was the culprit, too.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Same exact thing happened to me, and I also ran the debloat script.

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are always exceptions to the rule, as I noted I would wait 200 hours ;)
I thought the reason to run panel prep slides, or, "aging the panel" was to ensure that the pixels progress at the same rate, which in turn allow your settings to stick. In other words, aging the panel had nothing to do with preventing burn in.

I really wish I had back up on this, but it was years ago when I was on the Panny ST50, and D-Nice had his thread on HiDefJunkies.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
428 Posts
Just got my XBR65X900E. Beautiful 4K Picture!!!

Quick question...

My setup run run through a Denon AVR-S720W All HDMI inputs go through that the exit from the receiver via HDMI ARC to the Sony's HDMI ARC in. My question is... HOw do I know that the Sony is upscaling to 4K. For exampe when I look at Fox New for example and press the display button on the Sony remote, it shows 1080p. Should it say that or 4k if it's being upscaled? Is there a setting on the TV that I need to adjust or is the setting on the receiver? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just got my XBR65X900E. Beautiful 4K Picture!!!

Quick question...

My setup run run through a Denon AVR-S720W All HDMI inputs go through that the exit from the receiver via HDMI ARC to the Sony's HDMI ARC in. My question is... HOw do I know that the Sony is upscaling to 4K. For exampe when I look at Fox New for example and press the display button on the Sony remote, it shows 1080p. Should it say that or 4k if it's being upscaled? Is there a setting on the TV that I need to adjust or is the setting on the receiver? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks.

The Sony’s native resolution is 4K so it upscales everything to that. How good that looks on the TV depends on the source resolution (720p, 1080i, 1080p) as well as a few other factors (signal compression etc).

If you’re running through your receiver it may have an upscaler in play as well. I let the Sony do the work.

I can’t remember if the display button shows the source resolution or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14301 - 14320 of 19683 Posts