AVS Forum banner

19741 - 19760 of 19775 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
How will this TV fare with the upcoming next gen consoles with regards to 120fps? According to Rtings, 1080p @ 120Hz is supported, but am I right in saying that it won't be possible to also get an HDR signal this way?

·
Registered
165 Posts
How will this TV fare with the upcoming next gen consoles with regards to 120fps?
Theoretically, according to the specs, the HDMI 2.0 supports even [email protected] using 10bit color and HDR10.

My XE90 TV accepts this resolution at 144Hz with no complains.

But for PCs using nVidia and AMD cards you have to put this high refresh rate figure by hand, creating a new custom resolution.

I don't know the procedure for current gen consoles like Xbox and PS4 but I'm guessing that the same procedure could be used, if it really exists, for next-gen consoles.

·
Registered
165 Posts
According to Rtings, 1080p @ 120Hz is supported, but am I right in saying that it won't be possible to also get an HDR signal this way?
Yes, according to some info from various articles you are right eventually.

Unfortunately XE90 drops HDR support when used in custom modes like [email protected]/144Hz.

We can't have both at the same time, although I can definitely choose HDR on from Windows 10 settings and see HDR on my TV at 8bit bpp using [email protected]

A little weird...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Friend is selling me an X900e for $500.
I may be able to haggle it down a bit as it's from a friend of mine. It's still in perfect working order. But wondering if I should get that or the 2020 TCL S535 for a bit cheaper or something else entirely? $500 is about double my price range lol but if it's a great deal and great TV, I may just splurge.

What do you guys think in late 2020? I'm not really a gamer. Mostly a movie buff.

Edit* It's a 55". Sorry, copied my post from elsewhere. Forgot the title!

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
I may be able to haggle it down a bit as it's from a friend of mine. It's still in perfect working order. But wondering if I should get that or the 2020 TCL S535 for a bit cheaper or something else entirely? $500 is about double my price range lol but if it's a great deal and great TV, I may just splurge.

What do you guys think in late 2020? I'm not really a gamer. Mostly a movie buff.
500 for what size?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,426 Posts

What size? IMO $500 is too much for a 55" but a good price for larger.
The 900E is an excellent TV. Just be aware it does not and will never support DV.

·
Registered
25 Posts
500 for what size?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
55" my bad! Edited my post.
What size? IMO $500 is too much for a 55" but a good price for larger.
The 900E is an excellent TV. Just be aware it does not and will never support DV.
I'm fine with no DV. 500$ definitely too much then? Anything else for $500 or less that is comparable to the x900e 55"?

And thank you so much for the quick responses!

Sorry, I'm new to 4k HDR TVs, I really appreciate it!!

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
I'm tracking down a wired ethernet problem on the 55/900e. Random connects/disconnects. Wifi is off. Android v8.00. It's the only wired device having this problem. Changed out Cat6 cable, changed to new switch ports, rebooted gateway a million times. Yes, Wifi works, but that's a temporary solution.

Anyone else or is this 3yr old x900e giving up the ghost?

·
Registered
493 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'm still enjoying my 900e every day. It still looks fantastic thanks to the D-Nice calibration.
Warzone on my one x looks insane as well.
I don't think I'll upgrade unless it dies
The settings posted on the x950h forums? I'm still rolling with what you gave me, should I try some new settings?

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
The settings posted on the x950h forums? I'm still rolling with what you gave me, should I try some new settings?
I don't recall posting anything on there. Still using my settings no change. Only settings I tinker with are game here and there

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, long story short, I ended up with a broken 49" X900E that I got for free and I'm wondering what to do with it. The LCD panel is broken, lines in the screen and large black areas, it looks like it's cracked though the glass front appears fine physically. I contacted a local repair shop, but as I suspected a replacement panel costs more than a new TV, and it didn't seem like he'd be interested in using it for parts. If nothing else I could take it to an electronics recycling place, but that just feels like a waste since only the screen itself is actually broken.

How hard is it to disassemble these to salvage some of the individual components that are still functional? We also own a 65" X900E and I noticed some parts are interchangeable including the main board which seems to be one of the more expensive replacement parts. If I can get that out it would definitely be worth keeping that as a spare, or selling. I just don't really have space to keep the TV as is.

Do you guys have any advice on what I should I do with it?

·
Registered
211 Posts
55" my bad! Edited my post.

I'm fine with no DV. 500$ definitely too much then? Anything else for $500 or less that is comparable to the x900e 55"?

And thank you so much for the quick responses!

Sorry, I'm new to 4k HDR TVs, I really appreciate it!!
$500 is not too much for a 55" 900e, and this is even more true if panel lottery was won. I personally would jump all over it if I needed a TV.

Youre not missing a thing with DV at its current state.

·
Registered
22 Posts
So I just noticed this last night on my set. Only noticed on the Speedtest app on Apple TV. I’ve noticed some vertical lines before but this was crazy. Anyone else have this issue?

19741 - 19760 of 19775 Posts