AVS Forum banner

19881 - 19900 of 19912 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ever since the last firmware update I have been having problems with the sound from my 65X900E. When first turning on the TV I would get no sound at all - either from the built-in speakers or from the attached Sony soundbar. The only way to get the sound back was to toggle the audio source from built-in speakers to soundbar and back again or to switch inputs to TV. Once the sound started the set was fine until it was shut off and started again.

Finally decided to do a forced factory reset to see if perhaps that would fix the problems. Lo and behold - it did!! It's been about 5 days now since the reset and I have had absolutely no problems at all with the sound. Additionally the picture quality seems much much better.

Perhaps those people with video and/or audio issues should try the factory reset and see if it helps the situation. Couldn't hurt . . .

·
Registered
14 Posts
My 75x900e is also randomly shutting down on its own . . . has been for several months now. I have tried factory resets through the menus and also the forced factory reset but neither has helped. Yesterday I tried disabling Bravia sync, HDMI-CEC, and and also wifi just in case some weirdness is going on with any of them. I really wish there was a way to downgrade the firmware to see if the latest few updates are the issue (I am pretty sure this started 2 - 3 updates ago) or if the TV itself is dying a slow death.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
My 75x900e is also randomly shutting down on its own . . . has been for several months now. I have tried factory resets through the menus and also the forced factory reset but neither has helped. Yesterday I tried disabling Bravia sync, HDMI-CEC, and and also wifi just in case some weirdness is going on with any of them. I really wish there was a way to downgrade the firmware to see if the latest few updates are the issue (I am pretty sure this started 2 - 3 updates ago) or if the TV itself is dying a slow death.
I especially like that one of the recent updates removed the ability to turn off updates, and then there was an update that, in the opinion of some owners, destabilized the set.

If there was a way to go back on updates that have caused issues, where's the incentive to buy a new Sony set?

My 49X900E has shown none of the issues I've read about here (I've so far been able to skip the last two updates), but I'm pretty certain this is my last Sony set for a very long time.

I'm looking to refresh my setup here with new 77" and 48" OLEDs, and I'm only looking at LG. I've owned my LG 65E6 OLED for almost five years, and ZERO issues with updates making the set unstable. The 900E has a decent picture, but its off-axis performance and its coarse local dimming is not so state of the art any longer. It does handle motion extremely well due to its true 120Hz refresh panel (not the software based low rent bullfeces Samsung uses on its 60Hz displays while claiming some weird 120Hz capability nonsense).

·
Registered
25 Posts
Ever since the last firmware update I have been having problems with the sound from my 65X900E. When first turning on the TV I would get no sound at all - either from the built-in speakers or from the attached Sony soundbar. The only way to get the sound back was to toggle the audio source from built-in speakers to soundbar and back again or to switch inputs to TV. Once the sound started the set was fine until it was shut off and started again.

Finally decided to do a forced factory reset to see if perhaps that would fix the problems. Lo and behold - it did!! It's been about 5 days now since the reset and I have had absolutely no problems at all with the sound. Additionally the picture quality seems much much better.

Perhaps those people with video and/or audio issues should try the factory reset and see if it helps the situation. Couldn't hurt . . .
I have the same issue with my 75". Power up tv and soundbar, no audio. I finally figured out that I have to turn the tv off then back on for audio.

I was troubleshooting settings, optical cable, soundbar, etc. you all know the drill. Then I rememered the software update.

I no longer see the OSD for the factory reset option. Is that where it is located? I cannot remember where it was, but I thought if I used the Discover button on the remote I could navigate to it.

Anyway, any help on the factory reset procedure is appreciated. Sony CS was a waste of 45 minutes of my life lol.

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have the same issue with my 75". Power up tv and soundbar, no audio. I finally figured out that I have to turn the tv off then back on for audio.

I was troubleshooting settings, optical cable, soundbar, etc. you all know the drill. Then I rememered the software update.

I no longer see the OSD for the factory reset option. Is that where it is located? I cannot remember where it was, but I thought if I used the Discover button on the remote I could navigate to it.

Anyway, any help on the factory reset procedure is appreciated. Sony CS was a waste of 45 minutes of my life lol.

Thanks
Yes, click Home, then in the settings at top right, menu should show Device Settings near the bottom. Then under that scroll to Reset, then Factory DataReset I believe.
Found a link I used too

Would be a good idea to take your smartphone and grab some photos of your picture and display settings so you don't have to guess if you did a lot of adjustments.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks T69!

Home button, it's been a while, there's no place like Home! Yessir, took pics of all my settings and hopefully this takes care of my audio.

Haven't looked at the link yet, but is selecting the reset option all I have to do? I'm staring at it right now.

·
Registered
37 Posts
That's what I did yeah, then erase all data or something like that. Takes a few minutes once it starts. Been 3 or 4 days for me since the reboots happened.

·
Registered
4,531 Posts
Does anyone that have this strange issue? Using the Fire stick 4k in the YouTube app if I used the speak search feature it always switches to a different HDMI input for some reason. Anyone else?

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought my 75x900e 3 years ago last month.
Been noticing that its been randomly rebooting or turning off or on the last month or two. Thought for sure I was just forgetting to turn it off at night or maybe I hit the remote but it did it while watching a show yesterday.
Called the Costco Asurian warranty company to log the first claim which all they had me do was essentially power cycle it.
Next step a technician will come out. Not sure if this is update related or a power supply/motherboard issue.
Havent had any major issues with it since other than I thought the picture would be a bit more eye popping 😊
Will see if this ends up needing a 2nd call or 3rd which might result in a replacement.
OMG yes....I updated a couple months ago and now it's doing this. Mine is just over 3 years old as well. After the update I noticed fairly bad color banding on brightly lit scenes but didn't have a crash/reboot occur while I was watching it until a month or so ago. It had, I assumed, crashed while streaming other times as I'd walk back into the room to it rebooting, or go to bed and wake up with the TV on for no reason. In the last 2 weeks I've had it reboot on me while watching netflix or Disney+ while using my firestick.

The symptoms are always the same. Sound will cut out, and my receiver will say "no signal" Screen goes black for maybe 20 seconds, then the TV does a full reboot with the wiggly google logo. Goes through that and then works for X amount of time. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Anyone found a solution yet? I can't even seen to find what firmware the TV is on for reference.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've applied every update available to my 900e since its' manufacture, with no issues.
That's what is so odd about updates. You'd think a TV is a TV is a TV. Mine was just fine until a few updates and suddenly I'm noticing weird color banding after one update, crashes after another, etc. Nothing I did other than updating.

·
Registered
65 Posts

By forced Factory reset do you mean the "volume up, power button" version or just the one from the system menu?

19881 - 19900 of 19912 Posts