3 HDMI 2.0 with HDCP 2.2
Voice Search w Remote Mic

CES Press Release...

http://www.tclusa.com/news/ces-2017/

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm also interested in this set! Looks good for the price.
It's like the poor man's Vizio P Series without the stupid tablet (in place of a remote)...with the cost savings passed on to the consumer.

Reactions: DAB and swarm87

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm also interested in this set! Looks good for the price.
Looks like you and me are the only two people looking forward to these TCL HDR models! :laugh:

Reactions: Viper32

·
Registered
7,091 Posts
The 4K HDR specs with Dolby Vision sound very promising as well as a more affordable price point. And the built in Roku smart interface is very optimal and efficient. I already use Roku with my current TVs and it is my preference for Smart TV streaming apps.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

·
Registered
946 Posts
Sounds like a nice bedroom TV fit my mom. Didn't see the P release date. Anyone know when?

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keeping the dream alive!

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These have the potential to be the Vizo P Series of 2017. Or the Vizio P Series crossed with the HiSense H8C.

Trying to keep the interest alive.

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Still on my radar as well. As soon as they're available i'll be getting one!
Ill be interested in your experience and review! Please share!

·
Registered
6,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
$500 retail at launch for the 50" P series.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I too am very much looking forward to this. Debating on whether to wait for this set and some reviews or the 2016 Vizio P series now. I like the Vizio but the thickness is pretty significant whereas from the few pics I've seen the TCL looks much more sleek. Also waiting to see if it is a native 120hz panel. if so I think this is the winner for me.

·
Registered
18,701 Posts
I too am very much looking forward to this. Debating on whether to wait for this set and some reviews or the 2016 Vizio P series now. I like the Vizio but the thickness is pretty significant whereas from the few pics I've seen the TCL looks much more sleek. Also waiting to see if it is a native 120hz panel. if so I think this is the winner for me.
I'm also waiting to see if these are native 120Hz TVs. I'm interested in the 65" models. I wonder what the 65" C model will cost?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Another thing I am curious about with these sets is the Roku OS. I recently purchased a Roku Premier+. I am wondering if the Version of Roku on these TVs will eb the same with the addition of Dolby Vision. If it is, I will most likely return my Roku to costco and get one of these for living room and bedroom.

·
Registered
99 Posts
LoL. QD vision Quantum dot technology, an excellent FALD and a great OS all Dolby Vision certified and by some accounts able to rival the edge lit Samsung jokes in light output at 1/3rd the retail price. Make no mistake, initial reports from China and the EU, where these sets over-price at $4000+ and even QD vision people are reporting these new cheap TVs could be the best picture to date on a consumer set. At these price points, we are looking at Chinese 65" Dolby Vision FALD sets superior to the once great JS9500 in every way selling on clearance for $399 as the Chinese continue to flood the market with brands such as Hisense and retail clones while they finish the over priced edge lighters who can hype but no longer innovate.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Has anyone seen a release date for the 2017 TCL P and C series? Just moved to the new pad and can't wait to put up a nice 65 incher. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Has anyone seen a release date for the 2017 TCL P and C series? Just moved to the new pad and can't wait to put up a nice 65 incher. Hopefully I won't have to wait too long.
No official release date announced yet from TCL. TCL recently answered a tweet from someone and said spring, Q2!

Hoping it get released in April, want to try one!

1 - 20 of 203 Posts