AVS Forum banner

661 - 680 of 916 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
According to an article posted 4 days ago the Xfinity stream app is now available on this TV. I'm gonna go look for it and try to download it shortly and report back!
Do they have any free TV channels?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Do they have any free TV channels?
No. It's basically an app to watch cable if you already have a cable subscription with Xfinity. It's so you don't actually need to rent a cable box from them but you still need cable service

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
LG OLED Screen, Repair? protection remover

Hi all

I have 2 LG b8 OLED TV with problem of protection mode as i think , i realized that if i disconnect any cable from 4 ribbon cable of Panel , T-con will be in protection mode , so the the TV will not power on , i connected all panel cables and disconnect the bottom cable from main board to T-CON the TV power on with sound without any picture , but its mean main board is good, when connect all cables screen flicker white then off, relay on power supply click ,then off , its mean there is order to protect boards , how to remove this protection ,and let TV to work not perfect but 50% :):)

Thank You

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this TV for six months and while it was not an enormous step up from my previous plasma, the picture quality is better and close to perfect. This past couple of weeks I've been watching US Open tennis via Roku 3 and ESPN+. I've noticed thin horizontal dark bands on the blue screens at the end of the courts, when in close up. The bands are static, therefore related to hardware/firmware/software and only occur on this shade of blue.
Do you think these bands are caused by the TV, Roku 3 or ESPN+ or a combination?
It's not your TV. I watched the US open also. Those blue screens around the court are like a tv/video display etc.. It's just the difference in frequencies. I'm sure someone here could explain it better, but most important its not your tv. Now if it does it when watching other shows/channels too, then there may be an issue.

·
Registered
137 Posts
It's not your TV. I watched the US open also. Those blue screens around the court are like a tv/video display etc.. It's just the difference in frequencies. I'm sure someone here could explain it better, but most important its not your tv. Now if it does it when watching other shows/channels too, then there may be an issue.
Thanks for the explanation, I'm an electronics engineer, your explanation makes perfect sense. I had thoughts of emailing LG about it, now I won't, thanks again!

·
Registered
1 Posts
B8 with Samsung WMN500 mount?

Hi

I'm not (yet) a B8 owner, but am thinking of upgrading from a 55" Samsung F8000 to a 65" B8. Just wondering if the B8 can be used with the WMN550 mount? The mount is VESA compliant and should be good for up to 65" TVs (obviously Samsung recommends to use it with Sammy TVs).

Thanks
Warren

·
Registered
36 Posts
Been awhile since been around on here. I finally replaced my Sony KDS3000-60 RPTV with LG B8! I kept thinking the Sony would die but it never did so gave it to friend lol. Other than having to bypass my dated Yamaha AV receiver on Apple TV4k all is working great and it's looks wonderful. May look at upgrading av receiver next.

·
Registered
523 Posts
it seems there isn't alot of B8 owners on here...
I think there are more than you think. But, there is honestly not much to talk about. I monitor this forum when a new software update comes out to see if it should be downloaded or left alone. Other than that, I am happy with my TV.

The newer TV forums are always a lot busier.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Engineering mode offers a 5.10.25

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yes you have to enable the engineering mode by hand with a service remote/Harmony. No changelog available, I don't think there are changelogs for "beta" firmwares.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Yes you have to enable the engineering mode by hand with a service remote/Harmony. No changelog available, I don't think there are changelogs for "beta" firmwares.
Ooooo. I'll have to look into the advantages of engineering mode as I have a harmony one and could probably accomplish this.

Either way, good to know there's a new firmware in the pipeline and 5.10.10 might not be final. I've stayed on 4.10.65 so I could downgrade if necessary

·
Registered
105 Posts
Ooooo. I'll have to look into the advantages of engineering mode as I have a harmony one and could probably accomplish this.

Either way, good to know there's a new firmware in the pipeline and 5.10.10 might not be final. I've stayed on 4.10.65 so I could downgrade if necessary

Well, since .65 is buggy with black crush you should downgrade in any case!

Reactions: chros73

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice to see that there's a new firmware incoming.
I'm pretty sure the last one did something to my black levels.

I use the AVS HD 709 calibration video, and in order to abide with the video (i.e only seeing 17 and above flash), I have to set brightness at 61 (!) with Gamma at 2.2.

I don't think it's raising black levels since, but it makes me uncomfortable knowing the settings are messed up

·
Registered
802 Posts
I use the AVS HD 709 calibration video, and in order to abide with the video (i.e only seeing 17 and above flash), I have to set brightness at 61 (!) with Gamma at 2.2.
That's just absolutely ridiculous ... (I mean LG side of things)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Got myself a B8 and I'm trying to find but there's so many pages...

What is the best firmware in Canada for the B8? Where can I find it? And how to do it?

Thank you everyone

·
Registered
105 Posts
Got myself a B8 and I'm trying to find but there's so many pages...

What is the best firmware in Canada for the B8? Where can I find it? And how to do it?

Thank you everyone

Anything below 04.10.65 is fine. If you are above 05.xx.xx you can't do anything except waiting and hoping for the best.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Anything below 04.10.65 is fine. If you are above 05.xx.xx you can't do anything except waiting and hoping for the best.
Do you have a link or the steps on how to downgrade the firmware? I have loaded 04.10.45 onto a flash drive in the lg_dtv folder which is located in the root of the drive. I have the sure app on my phone but I'm not sure where to go from here.

Thanks!

661 - 680 of 916 Posts