AVS Forum banner

24141 - 24160 of 24184 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Hello

I have this issue on my oled c8 55 the problems seems to occuring mostly on tv ( none on hdmi, netflix) on deep blue grey and brown...yes the tv res is 1080i because this is the maximum signal ( the signal is strong) no problems.

Is this normal ? does anyone else has this issue/problem

here is the video

it looks like someone is washing the tv

thank for your time

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hello

I have this issue on my oled c8 55 the problems seems to occuring mostly on tv ( none on hdmi, netflix) on deep blue grey and brown...yes the tv res is 1080i because this is the maximum signal ( the signal is strong) no problems.

Is this normal ? does anyone else has this issue/problem

here is the video

it looks like someone is washing the tv

thank for your time

This looks like possibly a color space or black level issue (not black level as in brightness setting, but the setting in the sub menu for black level)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
This looks like possibly a color space or black level issue (not black level as in brightness setting, but the setting in the sub menu for black level)?
black level is auto
true motion, eye care - off
power savings - off

do you have same issue ?

I did spoke with lg here in my country but they are not in move to fix this ...they will try to order some spare parts if they are available if not...I think refund is the only option.

the issue is mostly present on tv ....

·
Vendor
27,405 Posts
black level is auto
true motion, eye care - off
power savings - off

do you have same issue ?

I did spoke with lg here in my country but they are not in move to fix this ...they will try to order some spare parts if they are available if not...I think refund is the only option.

the issue is mostly present on tv ....
If all other sources do not have this problem odds are it is not the OLED......

·
Registered
89 Posts
Like Otto Pylot earlier, I have nothing much to add but trying to keep the C8 forum alive and on Pg 1.
My 65C8 will be 2 yrs old on Oct 6th this year. I have 3417 hrs on it (Sep 27) and its been flawless to my eyes. I use the Cinema mode with OLED light at 50 (my room is somewhat bright). And, no, I haven’t thrown slides up to reveal any flaws that may exist. It simply looks great to me so why bother!
Would be great to hear from others who are still enjoying their LG 8 Series TVs.....

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Like Otto Pylot earlier, I have nothing much to add but trying to keep the C8 forum alive and on Pg 1.
My 65C8 will be 2 yrs old on Oct 6th this year. I have 3417 hrs on it (Sep 27) and its been flawless to my eyes. I use the Cinema mode with OLED light at 50 (my room is somewhat bright). And, no, I haven’t thrown slides up to reveal any flaws that may exist. It simply looks great to me so why bother!
Would be great to hear from others who are still enjoying their LG 8 Series TVs.....
You can count me as one of those. I would say that . at the moment OLED is still the best picture quality you can get.
It hasn't all been plain sailing for me with LG OLED however. My first was a 65B7 which I really enjoyed but it did develop slight burn in after about 12 months. Thankfully I could only just see that on static one colour scenes so no real issue. It then went on to have one half of the screen darker than the other and that was very noticeable on panning shots such as when watching football. Sad to say LG were of no help and one advisor was actually quite annoying.
It was at that point I decided to go for a 77C8 as I didn't want to give up OLED and I got a great deal with a 5 year warranty. Happy to say I have had this TV as long as I had the B7 and it is still going along with no issues. I love it.
When the 88 inch becomes affordable I will be going for one unless micro LED has arrived and is also affordable.

·
Registered
16,650 Posts
Been using mine since Oct. 2018. However, unlike most of you, it is not my day-to-day tv. For that, I have an older LG LCD for the downtairs HTS. We "reserve" the C8, with it's own 2-year old HTS for movies and special programming that we want to watch in OLED and all its glory. So the the 'ol C8 is basically as pristine as the day we had it delivered and setup. Never had it calibrated (even tho that's still a consideration), didn't see a need to, never had any of the issues associated with some of the C8's, and never looked for any issues either.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Count me in! I have said it a couple of times on this forum how I enjoy my C8 65" to counter balance the negative comments. I understand some have had issues since the C8 has been out, and I understand their frustration, but I have to add my voice to those who have had nothing but pleasure with this TV. But I did buy the extend warranty at Costco, which I never do, as an insurance after reading some of the issues people had.

I like it so much that this summer I bought one of the last B9 55" at Costco for the gamer side of me! I have a Playstation 4 connected to it down in the basement. I used to game on my C8 once in a while, liked it, but being a nice guy I leave it to my wife for TV series she likes and I don't. Those evening I head downstairs and game on my B9 now!

I still am in awe at the OLED picture quality as I was two years ago when I got the C8.

·
Registered
730 Posts
I am looking to incorporate my E8 into my whole-home audio system. I want to output the TV audio, feed it back to my whole home audio controller, and then have a pair of speakers in the room where the TV resides to be a zone within my home. This way, I'll be able to send audio from my TV to not just the living room, but any zone in the home.

The sticking point -- I would strongly prefer to be able to use the TV remote to control volume and as I understand, it doesn't seem like this is possible using digital audio out because that switches volume control to the amp. What setting (or dongle/adapter/cable/whatever) do I need to be able to accomplish this (volume control from TV remote) Just feed the TV audio into an analog input using .... ?

Right now, I am simply using ARC to pass the audio to a soundbar, but with no way to incorporate the soundbar into my whole home audio system, I am probably scrapping this and just going to go with traditional speakers.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I am looking to incorporate my E8 into my whole-home audio system. I want to output the TV audio, feed it back to my whole home audio controller, and then have a pair of speakers in the room where the TV resides to be a zone within my home. This way, I'll be able to send audio from my TV to not just the living room, but any zone in the home.

The sticking point -- I would strongly prefer to be able to use the TV remote to control volume and as I understand, it doesn't seem like this is possible using digital audio out because that switches volume control to the amp. What setting (or dongle/adapter/cable/whatever) do I need to be able to accomplish this (volume control from TV remote) Just feed the TV audio into an analog input using .... ?

Right now, I am simply using ARC to pass the audio to a soundbar, but with no way to incorporate the soundbar into my whole home audio system, I am probably scrapping this and just going to go with traditional speakers.
I'm doing this with the Denon AVR and Heos. I can serve multiple sources, choosing which rooms play, and control it with the phone

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Sometimes right before going to sleep I wish there was a button that would bring the screen birghtness and contrast all the way down to a very dim level-- more of a listening level than watching. Can anyone think of an easy way to do something like that? It'd be a great feature. Of course I'd want my levels to reset when I next cycle the Power.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
take one of the picture settings that you don't use regularly..sport for example..and just lower everything to a "sleep" level....then all you have to do is go to SPORT mode at night..and back to your regular viewing mode when you get up.

·
Registered
9,514 Posts
Or, turn on Energy saving "maximum" (very dim) or Energy saving "screen off" (sound only). I believe these both work with the voice control also (eg "turn the screen off").

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
Or, turn on Energy saving "maximum" (very dim) or Energy saving "screen off" (sound only). I believe these both work with the voice control also (eg "turn the screen off").
The picture setting I knew about, but the Energy Savings I didnt. Both are good ideas, but neither get me back to the 'default' or previous setting after recycling on/off. I guess that's not a deal-killer though. Now I just need to find a single remote that'd work for my LG (voice or a macro to change Picture or change Energy) and my DirecTV.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
"screen off" would get you back to how you had it before next time because any keypress restores the screen.
Try it :)
I see. Pretty cool. I experimented trying to find a voice command for ‘energy savings maximum’ but I couldn’t get it to work like ‘screen off’. Instead it warned me that the Volume May be Too Loud. Do you want to continue? I’m not sure what that’s all about.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Dead power supply? So the red status light is lit, I try to turn ON the C8 (with the remote or directly on the C8), the ON click sound is heard, but the red status light stays lit, and one or two seconds later, the OFF click is heard. That's it. Is the power supply dead?
So yeah, the panel was dead. And was replaced. Out of warranty. Expensive. But the C8 is now alive and kicking. Next time I will buy an extended warranty...

24141 - 24160 of 24184 Posts