AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 23944 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
HDR in pc-mode (as in changing the hdmi input to pc) is broken on 2016 and also 2017 TVs I think and this has nothing to do with windows. It's the same when using a ps4 or some other device. It will make the picture look washed out and wrong as if it was using the wrong color gamut or something like that. The advantage of pc-mode would be low input lag with any of the picture presets but its useless since its broken.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Really looking forward to impressions of the new chip and its upscaling capabilities. I have an E6 and that is one of my big disappointments is the upscaling of 720p or 1080i cable (Directv).

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I’m curious to how the new 3dlut system will be... every oled generation so far has had issues with broken cms controls, and whereas this is taking calibrated readings to create a new table, is the internal chipset going to actually portray colors correctly? Or even though it gets a meter read patch for the color red and by numbers look correct, will it visually come up as an eyesore...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
2,491 Posts
I just was told I could get the first 65" C8 that comes out the warehouse on the north east.. I prepaid for it with the assurance that I am #1 on the list for my retailer..

Ehh.. it will replace the G6 installation... it will be close to the bedroom A1E to A/B performances... Yolo.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just was told I could get the first 65" C8 that comes out the warehouse on the north east.. I prepaid for it with the assurance that I am #1 on the list for my retailer..

Ehh.. it will replace the G6 installation... it will be close to the bedroom A1E to A/B performances... Yolo.
Please let us know how it compares to your G7. I picked up a 7 series for the living room this past year, but the bedroom TV could use an upgrade!

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I should have bet you money when you were saying that you would jump this generation. :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
I’ve historically been a Samsung owner with no problems. I want to jump into LG OLED. Can anyone comment on reliability for LG OLED? I’m about to pull the trigger for a pre order on the C8 65”

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I’ve historically been a Samsung owner with no problems. I want to jump into LG OLED. Can anyone comment on reliability for LG OLED? I’m about to pull the trigger for a pre order on the C8 65”

They only really became common when prices fell on the 2016 models. So not many have high hours on them. Most have less than 5000 hours and I have not seen anyone with 10,000+ hours yet. So not a lot to base a judgement on...regarding historical reliability.

·
Registered
429 Posts

LOL. Of course. Good to hear. Love to hear your opinions Al.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I wonder, considering this, if there might be a chance of having VRR, QMS and eARC added at a later point by LG, during the supported lifetime of the products. With certification starting in the second quarter of the year, it might be plausible that LG is aiming for that but couldn't announce it?
What do you think?

·
Vendor
26,683 Posts
The race is on.... ;) We will see whats, what.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
awesome...

You were my "hero" BEFORE you pulled this off ! LOL:D So, just for the record, you just solidified that wolvernole ranking. Wee-done, sir ! Very well done. I think you went back on saying that you were going to "pass" this year, no ? (not complaining, NOT complaining !)
I sincerely look forward to ANY tidbits that you throw us on this baby. And NOBODY can make a better comparison than you, for gosh sakes ! Woo-hoo !:D

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
So we are talking ONE WEEK from today if our March 19th date is still accurate. Of course, Al might break out a day or so early?? When I personally observed the LG rep's 55" C8 for about an hour, as I previously mentioned, I was VERY impressed. But it was not in a darkened environment. Nevertheless, I liked every aspect of it from color to motion.
I want to leave the detailed comparison to our own "resident," Al, however.;)

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
They only really became common when prices fell on the 2016 models. So not many have high hours on them. Most have less than 5000 hours and I have not seen anyone with 10,000+ hours yet. So not a lot to base a judgement on...regarding historical reliability.
Check the 55EA9800 thread...one owner surpassed 10k hours without a hiccup.

·
Registered
12,362 Posts
Would the Insignia NS-HWMC1848 TV stand with mount work with the C8 (or C7 for that matter)?

I want the bottom edge of the TV about 36 inches from the ground (maybe an inch or two more) and enough space for an SVS ultra center on the top shelf.

Also, a bit confused about VESA mount standards... is 300mm by 200mm same as 200mm by 300mm? The LG site shows one of those and the online manual for this stand/mount shows the other... Thanks

21 - 40 of 23944 Posts