AVS Forum banner

17581 - 17600 of 23967 Posts

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
The retailer has a 30 day return policy for tvs. The first E8 was purchased March 2018. The issues with light bleed developed in July. They replaced the panel and then it had jail bars all over the screen and circles that were all visible. Almost like burn in on the new panel. LG deemed it faulty and issued a refund to the retailer at the end of Nov.

I then went with a Panasonic Oled that had bad tinting and did not work for my room configuration so it went back to the retailer within the 30 day window for another E8, as the E8 had no tinting and worked in my space. The new E8 came at the end of Dec. Then the picture just got this dark in mid March and Im on 4.10.15. They replaced panel and boards and no fix. As the issue occured just over 2 months after purchase it was outside the 30 day return policy so I have to deal with LG unfortunately. After 3 failed repairs I was told they would find another resolution. The third repair was 5 and a half weeks ago and it seems now they are just doing nothing.
Stay on them....... many times they will just cut a check and pick it up.....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Picked up a 65" C8 last week (scored one from the crazy Walmart clearance deal!) and will be setting it up tonight. I have a Hue Lightstrip on the back of my other TV that I'm going to move over (mostly for reducing eye strain now) and just wanted to check and make sure there's no reason why I shouldn't be putting adhesive on the thin back of the TV. I use these Command Strip Clips which work much better than the strip's built in adhesive and allow for easy adjusting/removing of the strip.

·
Registered
16,386 Posts
Picked up a 65" C8 last week (scored one from the crazy Walmart clearance deal!) and will be setting it up tonight. I have a Hue Lightstrip on the back of my other TV that I'm going to move over (mostly for reducing eye strain now) and just wanted to check and make sure there's no reason why I shouldn't be putting adhesive on the thin back of the TV. I use these Command Strip Clips which work much better than the strip's built in adhesive and allow for easy adjusting/removing of the strip.

I use the MediaLight bias light strips on my C8 and just attached them to the top of the electronics housing on the back of the panel and not the panel itself using the adhesive on the light strip. I just didn't feel comfortable attaching anything directly to the back of the panel. Any extra clips that I needed to use to clean up the wiring I just attached to the housing as well.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Good afternoon all!

I've had the C8 for about 2 months now and I'm just now running into an issue. Last night, I couldn't connect to any of the streaming apps on the TV. I went into my network settings and I wasn't connected to my WiFi. I then tried connecting and could not connect at all. I already have QuickStart turned off but I flipped it back on and off just in case - still no luck. My phone and gaming systems are all connected to the WiFi with no issue at all. I've also tried turning the router on and off and I also unplugged the TV to see if that would help too.

Aside from just using an ethernet cable, does anyone have any thoughts what my issue could be? Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Good afternoon all!

I've had the C8 for about 2 months now and I'm just now running into an issue. Last night, I couldn't connect to any of the streaming apps on the TV. I went into my network settings and I wasn't connected to my WiFi. I then tried connecting and could not connect at all. I already have QuickStart turned off but I flipped it back on and off just in case - still no luck. My phone and gaming systems are all connected to the WiFi with no issue at all. I've also tried turning the router on and off and I also unplugged the TV to see if that would help too.

Aside from just using an ethernet cable, does anyone have any thoughts what my issue could be? Thank you!!
If your using 5G, you have to have select a channel below 100. There is an issue work 5G WiFi with channels over 100.

If you can't connect, either reboot the router or unplug the tv for 5 minutes to clear the cache

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

·
Registered
226 Posts
Good afternoon all!

Reboot the router. Sometimes my phone or other gadgets can't connect to 5ghz but can connect to 2.4ghz, I'll just reboot the router.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
226 Posts
I use the MediaLight bias light strips on my C8 and just attached them to the top of the electronics housing on the back of the panel and not the panel itself using the adhesive on the light strip. I just didn't feel comfortable attaching anything directly to the back of the panel. Any extra clips that I needed to use to clean up the wiring I just attached to the housing as well.
Not directly on the back of the TV? I just ordered one and planning to just attached it at the back of the tv

·
Registered
16,386 Posts
Not directly on the back of the TV? I just ordered one and planning to just attached it at the back of the tv

I have a MediaLight on the downstairs LCD tv and have that one attached directly behind the panel because the panel and the electronics are the same enclosure. With the C8 upstairs the MediaLight is attached as I mentioned and the light behind the panel looks great. Both walls are a neutral color but the one upstairs is in a bonus room so the ceiling is angled a bit which helps with the light distribution. Downstairs I keep the light at 100% but upstairs, with the C8, I keep the light at 80%. The calibrated LED's, along with the CRI, really make a difference. Both tv's are on media consoles.

·
Registered
261 Posts
The wifi on the LG C8 is so slow its unusable. TV has the latest firmware. It's not the router I've tried 2 different models and the TV wifi acts the same.
Hardwired directly to the router works fine and if any external devices using wifi like Roku, firetv, Shield etc. are hooked up it works. Is there a fix or some special settings for the TV wifi to work directly without the need for third-party devices? I've never owned a TV especially at this price point that didn't have flawless wifi.

The reason I'm trying to get this working I'm moving to a new home and won't be close to the router and prefer using the TV UI vs a 3rd party device.

·
Registered
11,696 Posts
The wifi on the LG C8 is so slow its unusable. TV has the latest firmware. It's not the router I've tried 2 different models and the TV wifi acts the same.

Hardwired directly to the router works fine and if any external devices using wifi like Roku, firetv, Shield etc. are hooked up it works. Is there a fix or some special settings for the TV wifi to work directly without the need for third-party devices? I've never owned a TV especially at this price point that didn't have flawless wifi.

The reason I'm trying to get this working I'm moving to a new home and won't be close to the router and prefer using the TV UI vs a 3rd party device.

What about a power line adapter ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,269 Posts

WiFi for most things are unusable. 5.8MHz maybe better though lesser distance coverage. But we have way to many devices that are creating a noisy environment.

·
Registered
261 Posts
WiFi for most things are unusable. 5.8MHz maybe better though lesser distance coverage. But we have way to many devices that are creating a noisy environment.

Everything else works fine on wifi just not the C8's built-in wifi because it's affected by noise. Really?
I was hoping I missed something and there was an easy fix, apparently not.

Reactions: tanman

·
Registered
1,426 Posts

I have a x-large (13 ft) Luminoodle LED strip attached directly on the back of my 77" C8 panel about 4" from the edge all around. It fits perfectly. I got the standard version without a remote or the fancy color mood ring effect. Just white 6k Kelvin lights that I turn on/off by plugging/unplugging the USB end into a multi-usb adapter connected to the TV USB port. The back of my panel never, ever gets warmer than room temperature no matter how long I have it on. Which on average is about 8 hours per day at 74 degrees Fahrenheit. No issues with using the 3M adhesive that is already on the strip whatsoever. But then, I have according to the AVS Forums C8-E8 Owners Thread consensus two very rare virtually issue-free C8s. The 65" is in the bedroom, so I may soon be getting a remote controlled Mood effect lightstrip after all.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
C8 Owners using Plex TV App for 4K

I have ripped about 60 of my UHD Blu-ray disc to a network server that runs the Plex TV server app The Plex player app in my LG 65C8 can play most of these, but not if I turn subtitles on. It gives me an error message saying the "server is not powerful enough to convert the video". This message is misleading and does not reflect what is really happening. The LG's Plex App is asking the Plex server to transcode, in real time, the video down to some less demanding format (e.g., perhaps 1080p) and my server (hardware) doesn't have the ability to do that. The real issue is the Plex player in the LG either has software and/or data rate limitations or fhe LG's processor that is running the Plex app is simply not powerful enough to support 4K video (at the ripped UHD Blu-ray's high data rates) and to do subtitles at the same time. These same 4K movies play just fine with subtitles turned on when using the Plex player app on my PCs and also on my Nvidia Shield TV, so it's not a really a server issue. I would note that I also have a 4K FireTV (stick) and it's Plex app cannot generally play the UHD Blu-ray rips at all (I assume not enough processing power to handle the high data rates).

Have any other C8 owners had similar issues with the limitations of the Plex app in their C8 TV when playing UHD Blu-ray rips?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have a x-large (13 ft) Luminoodle LED strip attached directly on the back of my 77" C8 panel about 4" from the edge all around. It fits perfectly. I got the standard version without a remote or the fancy color mood ring effect. Just white 6k Kelvin lights that I turn on/off by plugging/unplugging the USB end into a multi-usb adapter connected to the TV USB port. The back of my panel never, ever gets warmer than room temperature no matter how long I have it on. Which on average is about 8 hours per day at 74 degrees Fahrenheit. No issues with using the 3M adhesive that is already on the strip whatsoever. But then, I have according to the AVS Forums C8-E8 Owners Thread consensus two very rare virtually issue-free C8s. The 65" is in the bedroom, so I may soon be getting a remote controlled Mood effect lightstrip after all.
I have similar set up with the two USB Death Star lights on either side of my 77 and a strip directly on back that all plug into an adapter that goes into a USB port on 77 but they all turn on/off when I turn on/off the display. Does this not happen with yours? Just curious.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Is this a keeper of replacement?
If you haven't put about 200 hours of use on it to break it in, then we really can't say..

TV - LG C8 & LG C6, AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I have similar set up with the two USB Death Star lights on either side of my 77 and a strip directly on back that all plug into an adapter that goes into a USB port on 77 but they all turn on/off when I turn on/off the display. Does this not happen with yours? Just curious.

Yes indeed, my LED strip, if I leave it plugged in, does turn on/off with the tv. When I turn the tv off, if it has been on more than 4 hours, the Luninoodle stays on for about 10 minutes until the pixel refresh comp cycle is finished running. I just do not like it on all the time, like when I have other room lights on it seems unnecessary to have the LED strip on as well since it is doing nothing beneficial. Like right now, while I am typing away using my 77" as a monitor with my iMac mini and I have the room lights on. I have some doubts as to a lengthy lifespan of these light strips. On the other hand, having said that, I do also have a 15 year old Lumi 6k Kelvin fluorescent style light fixture as well that is still working with its original bulb.

17581 - 17600 of 23967 Posts