AVS Forum banner

19681 - 19700 of 23966 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Nothing here in Minnesota either even though some who lives here received it already.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I decided I didn't want to wait until the firmware update was offered to me by the TV again. Too many weird things going on. Based on the last 2 pages I went ahead and went to LG's Canada site and the latest file was there. I downloaded it and put it on a USB and updated the TV without a hitch. Will wait until night time to see if I notice differences in the picture.

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
Nothing here in Minnesota either even though some who lives here received it already.
So, you're from Minnesota! So is DrMichael and me!! I wonder if someone like Jeff Meier would come to Minnesota if THREE of us wanted a calibration; that is, if DrMichael wanted one. Where exactly do you live?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I asked the same question to the LG tech and was told that's not a good idea, and don't do it. After thinking about it I wondered why he changed my location to Canada then and tried to get it to update from there? Has anybody tried using the Canada firmware manually to see if it works?

I updated manually yesterday successfully from CA site. There’s a pdf there with instructions just follow it. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
I updated late last night and only watched 29 minutes of content. I do think the blacks are way better and the colors appear a little more realistic but again that was just early impressions.
I notice the largest improvement in the HDR and DV modes. The blacks are significantly improved. Watching aqua man 4k now and it’s just incredible
Please tell us what fw you're coming from, as a comparison.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad they took their time with this update with proper testing. It’s appearing solid thus far picture quality wise.

I saw on the change log about directv now. Anyone has any ideas what’s that about. I’m a subscriber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new here, read the forum downloaded the update from CA it installed with zero problems, but now TV will not stream any of my apps on the TV. Don't know how to go back to the older software, guess I'll try and reset the TV. Lots of work for me tonight. 65E8

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello,

I had my 65C8 professionally calibrated on Fw .15 and after that, updated to .31 and .55... of course the black crush and everything appeared. I couldn't wait for the new fw to come and I asked my calibrator to readjust the settings for .55. I have a couple of questions :)
Is it worth moving to .03 if already calibrated on .55? If yes, what are the differences? (I saw the change log, maybe there is something else)
What settings should I change to .03 to get back to the correct gamma and black details?
Thank you!

19681 - 19700 of 23966 Posts