AVS Forum banner

3801 - 3806 of 3806 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
After further testing out DV on my c8 with test patterns I noticed that DV on my tv crushes black. Anything under 1% is crushed, regardless of how I tweaked it. I tried raising the brightness or messing with the cuts in the SM with nothing improving the black crush. On HDR10 I can see some of the lowest levels, which for an oled is pretty amazing. I turned off my DV on my Panasonic ub820 and will be sticking to plain HDR10 from now on, in which I get 780 nits and excellent eotf tracking. My panel uniform is near perfect, I am in no rush to upgrade my tv. LG really screwed up the DV on the c8 it's so sad.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Is it a C8? Can you share how?
I just do the SM wb then I fine turn in the 2 point in the regular menu for dv and hdr10. Very basic.

For regular sdr I do the SM wb and then 20 points. I do 140 nits max brightness for dark control environment. For sdr I boost the lower ire 5, 10 and very slightly 15 to preserve shadow details. 5 ire it's about a 2 gamma. 10 ire about 2.1. 15 ire 2.3 and the rest is 2.4. Without boosting the lower gamma the image doesn't look good and crushes back when flat 2.4 or 2.2 gamma is used.

·
Registered
899 Posts
I just do the SM wb then I fine turn in the 2 point in the regular menu for dv and hdr10. Very basic.
Thanks, I'm only interested in DV. What exact test patterns do you use for the 2 point and how do you set it?

·
Registered
360 Posts
3801 - 3806 of 3806 Posts