AVS Forum banner

441 - 460 of 3759 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey I already replied in the Fury Thread as well we solved the problem. The Custom AVI Infoframe CalMAN created worked for the E6 Model I had but not for the C8.

So everyone who is running into the same problem has to use this AVI IF:

(00:E8:64:10D:00)

5D = 2160p
10D = 1080p

My TPG is sending 1080p so that was causing the problem.

Thanks everyone for the help so HDR Scans will follow :)

Reactions: ConnecTEDDD

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
That's weird. My TPG was sending 1080p this afternoon, but the original AVI IF with 5D still worked. And it worked earlier on yours, but not now. I wonder why?

·
Registered
588 Posts
That's weird. My TPG was sending 1080p this afternoon, but the original AVI IF with 5D still worked. And it worked earlier on yours, but not now. I wonder why?

It seems to be a specific problem of the C8 but anyways it works now.

Reactions: Rolls-Royce

·
Registered
98 Posts
Phew, I will give it a try this evening. Sounds lucid. C8 might be more strict in interpretation of the AVI strings it receives than the 2016 models. Calman should then add a selection field for the resolution the pattern source sends in order to make the Integral API-method work again.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Phew, I will give it a try this evening. Sounds lucid. C8 might be more strict in interpretation of the AVI strings it receives than the 2016 models. Calman should then add a selection field for the resolution the pattern source sends in order to make the Integral API-method work again.

It will definitely work you will see :)

And that would be a cool feature maybe Tyler can note that.

·
Registered
8,912 Posts
Hey I already replied in the Fury Thread as well we solved the problem. The Custom AVI Infoframe CalMAN created worked for the E6 Model I had but not for the C8.

So everyone who is running into the same problem has to use this AVI IF:

(00:E8:64:10D:00)

5D = 2160p
10D = 1080p

My TPG is sending 1080p so that was causing the problem.

Thanks everyone for the help so HDR Scans will follow :)
Hi,

I believe the 'D' is not required, just replace with:

10 for 1080p60 (VIC 16 is the decimal code for 1080p60, so HEX is 10)
20 for 1080p24 (VIC 32 is the decimal code for 1080p24, so HEX is 20)
5D for 2160p24 (VIC 93 is the decimal code for 2160p24, so HEX is 5D)
61 for 2160p60 (VIC 97 is the decimal code for 2160p60, so HEX is 61)

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi,

Cool thanks so I will use HEX20

Reactions: robbeh81 and L30Z3N

·
Registered
19 Posts
dug through these forums turning off TPC in the service menu is the win here? as far as disabling the ASBL and getting accurate readings?
I took the plunge and spent the $12 for the service remote just want to make sure im doing the right thing because the dimming while calibrating
makes me want to freak out.

thanks..long time listener...first time caller

-BA

·
Registered
975 Posts
AFAIK yes, you should calibrate with ASBL/TPC off and then turn it back on when finished... if you want.

Reactions: jrref and L30Z3N

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi,

I can confirm these IFs beeing correct. ATM HDR10 Autocal does its work. Thanks all.

·
Registered
98 Posts
What are the proper Target options (Colorspace, gamma, Lum. Levels) for Lg TV HDR10 Calibration?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Some preliminary Results of my HDR10 Autocal session this evening. I targeted BT.2020 SDR with a gamma of 2.1. I think this might be correct, because actual calibration takes place in gamma space w/o HDR mapping enabled. But I am not sure. Nevertheless other settings gave far inferior results.

Additionally I had to disable the low light handling for my i1Display in order to see the near black grayscale autocal converging. Otherwise near black grayscale RGB adjust sdiverges until Autocal gave up leaving dE > 10.

Attachments

Reactions: jrref

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Some preliminary Results of my HDR10 Autocal session this evening. I targeted BT.2020 SDR with a gamma of 2.1. I think this might be correct, because actual calibration takes place in gamma space w/o HDR mapping enabled. But I am not sure. Nevertheless other settings gave far inferior results.

Additionally I had to disable the low light handling for my i1Display in order to see the near black grayscale autocal converging. Otherwise near black grayscale RGB adjust sdiverges until Autocal gave up leaving dE > 10.
Another thing to try when you're getting unstable results, rather than turning off low-light handling, is to change the meter sync from Auto to On or Off, whichever gives you stability in the region where the meter is having problems. I'd personally rather have the low-light handling on, which can improve reading accuracy at low stimulus levels.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Another thing to try when you're getting unstable results, rather than turning off low-light handling, is to change the meter sync from Auto to On or Off, whichever gives you stability in the region where the meter is having problems. I'd personally rather have the low-light handling on, which can improve reading accuracy at low stimulus levels.

Ouch, until now I havent even realized this switch. I will give it a try. Thanks.

Any thoughts on the Target settings?

·
Registered
588 Posts
For OLED I always use Meter Sync "off" to get better results so you could keep LLH on. Also why did you aimed BT2020 SDR and not BT2020 HDR ?

·
Registered
4,293 Posts

The LG HDR workflow calibration targets are configured exactly how it needs to be ran. It needs to target 2.2 gamma because that is what their tone mapping expects it to be. that’s why your results are off because all the points are brighter than they should be because you used 2.1 gamma.

·
Registered
588 Posts
The LG HDR workflow calibration targets are configured exactly how it needs to be ran. It needs to target 2.2 gamma because that is what their tone mapping expects it to be. that’s why your results are off because all the points are brighter than they should be because you used 2.1 gamma.

So BT2020SDR is also correct?

·
Registered
588 Posts
And why not BT2020 HDR?

441 - 460 of 3759 Posts