AVS Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 2578 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
It looks like the price for an LG OLED65C8P is a couple hundred dollars more on First Class TVs eBay page than it is buying directly thru their website. Or am I doing something wrong?

·
Registered
736 Posts
My 77C8 shipped back in Aug from Beach Camera in the LG box. Was in great shape...and still amazes me to this day. LG packs these devices to be shipped, so I think double boxing may be overrated.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Anyone have any experience with Newegg (gameliqiudators) or firstclasstv? both have the C8 for the same price but I'll get some tax savings if I order through firstclass. Just curious of everyones experience.
I've purchased through gameliquidations before no issues. Ordered the 65" C8, buy it now on ebay Saturday. Over 600 sold, the current listing is US $2,295.00 includes shipping with FedEx. Savings about $400 over big box stores.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Great price from a great vendor, imo.
Hoping these aren't closeout prices.

Worth noting that this deal expires in 4 hours

Holding out a bit longer but following the trends
I’m curious what price you’re holding out for, or what price do you think it will get down to? I haven’t been following the prices for long, but that’s the lowest I’ve seen it from an authorized/reputable dealer.

I'm also curious if B+H has flash sales like that frequently?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Does anyone know how much LG premium care/ extended warranty costs for 77oled if TV is bought from ebay for say 4699 (current lowest on ebay)?
Has anyone bought it yet?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have OLED65E8PUA bought last year from Fry's Electronics here in Northern CA & I would like to get the color calibration done. FRy's Electronics don't have the software from LG to adjust the colors & picture quality. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi Guys,
I have OLED65E8PUA bought last year from Fry's Electronics here in Northern CA & I would like to get the color calibration done. FRy's Electronics don't have the software from LG to adjust the colors & picture quality. Any suggestions?
I'm not sure what part of Northern Ca your in.I'm in the Sacramento area.I would try asking some local higher end HT places in your area if they have any suggestions(in my area I would probably start with Paradyme AV).

You could try posting in the Calibrating area of the forum.

·
Premium Member
4,799 Posts
Does anyone know how much LG premium care/ extended warranty costs for 77oled if TV is bought from ebay for say 4699 (current lowest on ebay)?
Has anyone bought it yet?

Not a good deal at all and LG farms the warranty out to a third party who does not have a good reputation based on a few of those who've gone through a claim process. You'd be better off looking at Square Trade or Mack.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Not a good deal for 77oled at 4699 or you meant for the warranty?
I have not seen any lower price including tax as of today, did I miss any deals?

Not a good deal at all and LG farms the warranty out to a third party who does not have a good reputation based on a few of those who've gone through a claim process. You'd be better off looking at Square Trade or Mack.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My reading of that is that the LG Premium Care Extended Warranty is not a good deal. The price for that 77" OLED looks to be as low as i've seen it in here since i've been watching this thread. At that point it's usually a variance based on shipping and sales tax.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I spoke with LG rep for warranty, and they said as long as your TV qualifies for 1 yr manufacturer warranty you can purchase the premium care.

349.99 + tax for 3 yrs additional coverage for TVs up to $5000. This means you get total 4 years.

If I buy at ebay the Sq trade will cost $299 for a total of 3 years, so one year less than LG. I can technically buy at Costco for $99, not sure if buying at Costco will create any issue in future but that will save me $200-250.

The only question is LG vs Square trade which one is better for coverage. I have heard horrible stories of SQ coverage too.

My reading of that is that the LG Premium Care Extended Warranty is not a good deal. The price for that 77" OLED looks to be as low as i've seen it in here since i've been watching this thread. At that point it's usually a variance based on shipping and sales tax.

·
Registered
27 Posts
MassDrop:

55" B8 $1199
65" B8 $1799

SK8Y Soundbar option for $199

free shipping it looks like tax is location specific so not sure there

·
Registered
156 Posts
You had a nice FedEx guy. Mine declined my request for me to open the box and inspect the TV before I signed. Then I asked if he can help me bring it up to my bedroom on the second floor (I live in a house), and that was declined as well. He mentioned that if there were any damages from shipping, I can call FedEx and they will come pick it up and return it to shipper, so I just signed for it. Thank goodness there were no damages. Oh, and it came double boxed as well.
If this matters or not I would sign, item to be inspected on the slip.

1901 - 1920 of 2578 Posts