AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Connect bluetooth headset to Pioneer VSX-933?

I´ve been searching on the net but without any luck.

Im currently looking to buy a bluetooth headset for my phone and tablet.

But what im wondering (since the reciever got bluetooth connection) if I will be able to connect the bluetooth-headset to it so im able to get all sound from reciever through bluetooth instead of the need to connect a wired headset to it?

I ususally use headset when I watch movies and series @ late night so I tought it would be convenient with wireless in-ear phones :)

Any one here on forum that can confirm if it´s working or not? Or if it´s just bluetooth in?

All answers/help are much appreciated!

Best regards

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pioneer vsx-933 speaker problems

Hey guys, I've got one question.
I got my AV Vsx-933 already about 4 months and I had no issues with it until now... All speakers were working fine, also all function too. At the moment I got my AV VSX-933 set up for 4.1 sound due Im still getting more speakers etc. At the moment Ive got 2 front and 2 back speakers...

Today I went to watch something on netflix and only two front speakers are working... So I thought I there might have been some background update of the firmware so I didn't think of it as a trouble..
I have after initial set up ... and I have set again 4.1 settings for speakers.. and when test was in process .. I could hear sound coming out of the back speakers... Now after all set up .. I was going to watch more of netflix and everytime I want to sellect ext. stereo... or any other function on the AV to have a sound coming out from all 4 speakers... I get a message on a screen saying NOT AVAILABLE ! I HAVE RESET THE AV, REINSTALL THE SET UP ... AND STILL.. NOTHING IS HAPPENING .. EVEN ON DIFFERENT HDMI DEVICES OR STREAMING VIA AIRPLAY I GET SAME RESULT....

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT CAN I DO OR WHAT IS THIS SUPPOSE TO MEAN ???

THANKS

·
Registered
5 Posts
Will someone please confirm that eARC has been activated via firmware like post 44 in this thread says? The Pioneer VSX-933 Supplementary Information [...] does indeed show that the receiver has eARC. :)
I emailed Pioneer and asked whether the 933 would support eARC through firmware updates. They responded that it will not since it's a hardware based limitation.
The supplementary document is just a generic one for all receivers getting the Amazon Music update.

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Updated the firmware to the latest last night.
Now having issues with Steam in home streaming losing video. TV switches to black screen with HDMI2 on it (randomly), and audio continues to play.
Sometimes the picture returns, if not, I have to change the input before I get video again, for example to blu-ray/dvd and back to game (which is Steam link).

Testing while watching a movie an on Intel NUC, video is stable untill I change the volume.
When I change volume I lose video, sometimes it returns, sometimes I have to change volume again before video returns.
Also, video drops out randomly just like with the Steam link as well.

Anyone else having this? To me these are very serious issues to be caused by a firmware update.
I had the exact same issues, it was driving me nuts! Video cutting when adjusting volume, or even when I switched from gameplay to menus in a game??? Come on!
After testing things out for a while, I concluded it was due to a bad long HDMI cable from the receiver to my projector.
It was tricky though, because problems only happened when I was using the Pioneer's integrated 1080p>4K upscaler. Everything (included said bad cable) worked flawlessly with true 4K/60 sources, so at first I ruled out the bad cable issue.
And the very important part: to make it work with a good HDMI cable, I first had to activate the "Enhanced HDMI 4K" (I can't post links but you should find the procedure quite easily), introduced by a previous firmware update that was mentioned in this thread a while back.

To sum things up, here's what you can try: use your best, newest, shortest HDMI cable, set Enhanced HDMI 4K on, and see if issues remain.

·
Registered
25 Posts
[1051-0000-1060-0011]
Improve the list viewing for ''Albums/ Artists/ Songs'' in My Music of Amazon Music.
*Service of Amazon Music may vary by country.
Correct ''the unstable elapsed time'' and ''no album art'' when playback through Music Server or USB.

available via Network!

https://intl.pioneer-audiovisual.com/support/firmware/av_receiver/vsx-933vsx-lx103_2/downloads.php

·
Registered
1 Posts
Center Spread

"Center Spread" function is only working correctly when audio source is stereo...

At any multi channel source the "Center Spread" function is unnoticable or does not working.:confused:

I have 5.1.2 sp setup.

Another weirdness is a big differences in some signal levels.
(which was not my previous denon x1100w)

Sorry4myEnglish

·
Registered
398 Posts
I received the Pioneer VSX-933 on Monday. I ran it through a round of full auto MCACC and it definitely sounded a bit flat compared to my Pioneer VSX-1124 it replaced. MCACC did setup speaker distance and channel levels correctly though. I applied the manual EQ settings from the video below to all channels and the receiver came alive and sounds amazing. It is even a slight upgrade in sound quality from the VSX-1124 paired with my JBL Northridge bookshelf speakers in 5.1. It turns on quickly, switches inputs quickly, and the setup menu is very nice.It also has plenty of amp power for my setup with no distortion. Overall I am a happy camper for $260 and I hope I can get at least 5 years out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9HdnjnJdxQ
Did someone save that video or the settings on it?
It looks like the video is gone.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did someone save that video or the settings on it?
It looks like the video is gone.

I am pretty sure the settings are in the picture in the post #12 .

But I suppose those are just for front speakers. I did try them but did not notice anything special while watching videos with 5.1 or atmos soundtracks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Changing source settings.

I received the Pioneer VSX-933 on Monday. I ran it through a round of full auto MCACC and it definitely sounded a bit flat compared to my Pioneer VSX-1124 it replaced. MCACC did setup speaker distance and channel levels correctly though. I applied the manual EQ settings from the video below to all channels and the receiver came alive and sounds amazing. It is even a slight upgrade in sound quality from the VSX-1124 paired with my JBL Northridge bookshelf speakers in 5.1. It turns on quickly, switches inputs quickly, and the setup menu is very nice.It also has plenty of amp power for my setup with no distortion. Overall I am a happy camper for $260 and I hope I can get at least 5 years out of it.

Hi there, I'm interested in getting this receiver but I have a quick question? I'm planning (in the short term at least) on using my Panasonic BluRay to also play CD's. How easy is it to pop a CD in the drive instead of a DVD and switch the sound to regular 2 speaker stereo, and then back again if I go to a DVD? This is a problem at the moment with my (very) old Denon. It's a real PITA to change around and one of the reasons (along with it being over 15 years old) that I'm getting a new one. I've seen some units with a 'scene' function with easy access buttons on the front of the unit, but they're either old 5.1 units without Atmos, or much more expensive ones than I can afford. It doesn't obviously seem to feature on units in my price range.

61 - 80 of 121 Posts