AVS Forum banner

101 - 120 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
My 933 is connected to a LG B9, and I can get Atmos via the Netflix App, I know is lossy, but can't get it from Disney+, don't know why.

Via Disney+ the receiver signals DD+ and via Netflix signals DD+Atmos. Any idea why?

Enviado do meu Mi 9T através do Tapatalk
What is the VSX933 connected to for Disney+ and netflix?

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 933 is connected to a LG B9, and I can get Atmos via the Netflix App, I know is lossy, but can't get it from Disney+, don't know why.

Via Disney+ the receiver signals DD+ and via Netflix signals DD+Atmos. Any idea why?

If it works for the Netflix app, then you know there's no problem between your TV and your AVR. This would be an app issue. Either something in the Disney+ app isn't set right or else there's an issue between your smart TV and the app itself. I would look in forums for the B9 for your answer.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pioneer VSX-933 Bluetooth

Hi I'm fighting with it for a week without any succes so maybe someone's gonna advice me a bit. I want to wirelessly pair my PC with a Pioneer VSX-933 to play all the sounds from my PC using my av reciever. The only thing I've managed to achive is the fact that PC finally finds my reciever but there's no sound. It finds it as headphones tho oO Volume bar says that the sound is playing but there's nothing I'm able to hear. Anyone any solutions or I'll have to surrender and cover my room with more wires?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Enviado do meu Mi 9T atravé️s do Tapatalk

If it works for the Netflix app, then you know there's no problem between your TV and your AVR. This would be an app issue. Either something in the Disney+ app isn't set right or else there's an issue between your smart TV and the app itself. I would look in forums for the B9 for your answer.
This is Disney plus, they’re limiting Atmos for now, there is news in the grapevine that they’ll open it up for Hamilton, however.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/tech...ality-–-just-in-time-for-hamilton/ar-BB166k8c

Based on the article this is all new as of yesterday. So we will have to see come Friday.

·
Registered
1 Posts
phono stage on pioneer vsx- 933

When using the phono stage on my pioneer vsx-933 the tv must be switched on, if i turn the tv off then the reciever switches off too... is there any settings which will allow me to use the phono stage without the tv

·
Registered
14 Posts
Anyone here using the Chromecast capability of the Pioneer VSX933?

I have one, and have never been totally happy with the Chromecast (but it, generally, HAS been getting better, with formware updates), but in the last week or two, has stopped working totally, with a message "It may take a few days to complete the preparation of the server. Please wait until the preparation has been completed" (or similar - See photos of TV and Android App.)

The Chromecast device has totally disappeared off the network, as well, so can't cast to it from anything.

Is anyone else getting this? If you have a VSX933 (or, I assume, something similar with Chromecast...), can you test and let me know if you have the same issue?

Have queried support (in Aus), and they know nothing about it, but have messaged whoever looks after it (Google?? Main Pioneer??), but say it may take weeks/months to get a response... I DON"T think it was a firmware update that killed it - haven't had one for a month or 2?

Any response appreciated.

Thanks, John.
Any comments on this re Chromecast? Still getting the errors "It may take a few days to complete the preparation of the server. Please wait until the preparation has been completed"....
Is Chromecast working for others?? Particularly if you have the latest firmware installed...
Thanks.

·
Registered
107 Posts
My VSX-933 started making a buzzing sound in all active channels. Didn't make any change in the inputs and outputs, any idea how to diagnostic the cause?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Any comments on this re Chromecast? Still getting the errors "It may take a few days to complete the preparation of the server. Please wait until the preparation has been completed"....
Is Chromecast working for others?? Particularly if you have the latest firmware installed...
Thanks.
I have no issues with Chromecast and I have never seen this message. I would think this is something unique to your unit and it needs to be repaired.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My VSX-933 started making a buzzing sound in all active channels. Didn't make any change in the inputs and outputs, any idea how to diagnostic the cause?

This could be a ground loop -- a problem with the input power to your devices and your unit. To test this, run an extension cord from your unit to an outlet on another circuit in your house. If the issue clears, then you've found the problem. Then the question would be how to fix it without having to keep your extension cord in place all the time.

Try this out and let us know if it helps.

·
Registered
107 Posts
This could be a ground loop -- a problem with the input power to your devices and your unit. To test this, run an extension cord from your unit to an outlet on another circuit in your house. If the issue clears, then you've found the problem. Then the question would be how to fix it without having to keep your extension cord in place all the time.

Try this out and let us know if it helps.
Thanks for the answer. I made all the "homemade" tests insucessefull. I test it in another house and the problem stayed.

I went to the official Pioneer representant and 3 weeks later they told me the problem was the voltage regulator. I'm waiting for a response from ust report.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the answer. I made all the "homemade" tests insucessefull. I test it in another house and the problem stayed.

I went to the official Pioneer representant and 3 weeks later they told me the problem was the voltage regulator. I'm waiting for a response from ust report.

I agree with that assessment. If you changed all the external conditions, then the problem has to be internal. And the regulator would definitely cause a problem across all the outputs. (Though, I'm surprised the unit can even power on with a faulty regulator. Usually they either work or they're blown.) Unfortunately, it isn't easy to replace one of those. If it was an amp, I'd tell you to get a soldering gun and go for it. But regulators are almost always attached directly to the main board. I haven't had any internal issues yet, so I've never opened mine up to see.
I'm guessing no warranty left?

·
Registered
107 Posts
I agree with that assessment. If you changed all the external conditions, then the problem has to be internal. And the regulator would definitely cause a problem across all the outputs. (Though, I'm surprised the unit can even power on with a faulty regulator. Usually they either work or they're blown.) Unfortunately, it isn't easy to replace one of those. If it was an amp, I'd tell you to get a soldering gun and go for it. But regulators are almost always attached directly to the main board. I haven't had any internal issues yet, so I've never opened mine up to see.
I'm guessing no warranty left?
They told me by phone it was the regulator for the amplifier.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Just chatted with a rep from Pioneer. He confirmed that the connections in the VSX-933 could support eARC, but Pioneer will not be making that available in firmware because that is reserved feature for their elite series.

Make of that what you will.
unreal. I’m finally in a situation where I could get a 2.1 capable TV, and the bloody expensive receiver I purchased can’t support It. Even though it technically is capable. They’re hampering it by firmware. What an absolute joke. When this receiver dies I think I’m going to have to just bite the bullet and buy a denon. Seeing as Onkyo is the same maker, they’re out.

Without spending almost as much as a new reviver and getting an HD fury, is there any easy option to add in a splitter so I can MAYBE have the best of both worlds? I can’t seem to find any online.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I updated it via internet with ethernet cable, after I gave a general reset and made the settings, everything works smoothly, the menu this time is more solid ....

VSX-933, VSX-LX103 : 1061-1000-1060-0011
CHANGE HISTORY:

[1061-1000-1060-0011]
Improve reception capability in certain TuneIn Radio stations.
Fix the issue of Bluetooth connection with certain devices.
Fix the issue that start tuning operation when pressing UP/DOWN cursor at TUNER selector.
Improve the stability of operation when returning from Network Standby.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new in the forum and I am not sure that I am stateing my problem in the right place. Any way, yesterday I updated to the latest software version my PIONEER AV RECIEVER VSX-933 and since then I encounter the following problem. Playing the receiver with an HDMI connected media player, when I use the volume button I lose temporarily the video, while the audio works ok. The question is how can I fix this problem or how -in case there is no easy solution to my problem- can I bring my AV to the previous software version?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I am new in the forum and I am not sure that I am stateing my problem in the right place. Any way, yesterday I updated to the latest software version my PIONEER AV RECIEVER VSX-933 and since then I encounter the following problem. Playing the receiver with an HDMI connected media player, when I use the volume button I lose temporarily the video, while the audio works ok. The question is how can I fix this problem or how -in case there is no easy solution to my problem- can I bring my AV to the previous software version?
I've never seen this problem. Does it happen with any input device other than your media player?

·
Registered
1 Posts
New firmware update:
288mb. nothing new ordinary update about anything
Code:
[1071-2000-1070-0011]
Change login method of TIDAL for enhancing security.* 
 * Please refer to the link below for more details. 
 https://jp.pioneer-audiovisual.com/manual/sup/upd/tidal_pio.pdf
FIx the issue that cannot display the logo of certain TuneIn Radio stations.
Improve reception capability in certain TuneIn Radio stations.
Minor bug fixes and improvements stability.

101 - 120 of 121 Posts