AVS Forum banner

1601 - 1620 of 1647 Posts

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Quick question. I have a UN55NU8000FXZA. I tried to reset the picture settings. This works when going to reset picture and will reset the picture. But.. it will not reset the hdr picture settings. So when I watch Netflix and a hdr show, the picture settings if changed, I dont see a way to reset them. If anyone knows how to do this, let me know.

Basically, the reset picture works only for the picture settings on sdr or non HDR picture settings. The hdr picture settings do change when hdr is detected, but if you make changes in there yourself, I dont see a way to reset them. Reset picture when Netflix hdr is playing, it is greyed out.

·
Registered
4,633 Posts
Quick question. I have a UN55NU8000FXZA. I tried to reset the picture settings. This works when going to reset picture and will reset the picture. But.. it will not reset the hdr picture settings. So when I watch Netflix and a hdr show, the picture settings if changed, I dont see a way to reset them. If anyone knows how to do this, let me know.

Basically, the reset picture works only for the picture settings on sdr or non HDR picture settings. The hdr picture settings do change when hdr is detected, but if you make changes in there yourself, I dont see a way to reset them. Reset picture when Netflix hdr is playing, it is greyed out.
nevermind. Figure out this morning, that when watching netflix HDR, the picture reset is greyed out, when watching a HDR video on youtube, the picture reset was back and I was able to reset the picture to my liking.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Hi guys,

New 82 inch NU8000 owner here with some questions:

I have a Xbox One X. On the Rtings review I have read that you can get a darn good input lag by using VRR. The Samsung NU8000 is VRR compatible and the Xbox One X also supports this. How can I get this work? I have read some comments (don t know where anymore) that some people say the game itself (in my case Modern Warfare) needs to support VRR but others say that this is not required. Can someone with experience with VRR help me out on this subject?

Second question is about the local dimming of the NU8000. Because rtings stated that the local dimming implementation on the NU8000 is pretty poor I am thinking about just playing my 4K movie content without local dimming enabled. How do you guys think about this?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi guys,

New 82 inch NU8000 owner here with some questions:

I have a Xbox One X. On the Rtings review I have read that you can get a darn good input lag by using VRR. The Samsung NU8000 is VRR compatible and the Xbox One X also supports this. How can I get this work? I have read some comments (don t know where anymore) that some people say the game itself (in my case Modern Warfare) needs to support VRR but others say that this is not required. Can someone with experience with VRR help me out on this subject?

Second question is about the local dimming of the NU8000. Because rtings stated that the local dimming implementation on the NU8000 is pretty poor I am thinking about just playing my 4K movie content without local dimming enabled. How do you guys think about this?
In the TV settings, go to General, External Device Manager, Game Mode Settings, and make sure Game Mode is on and FreeSync is on Ultimate. Then in the Xbox Settings, go into TV and Display options, Video Modes, and check all the available tabs including VRR. The only current bug I'm still encountering is when going from one HDR game to another even after shutting down the first game. The second game won't be in HDR unless I switch to another video input and then back to the Xbox or turn my TV off and then back on. It's a weird bug that happens all the time but only when FreeSync is enabled which needs to be on to be able to use the VRR function. It's not a big issue but one to be aware of.

The local dimming is poor but I always leave it on high anyway and also use bias lighting (backlighting) LED strips. Dramatically helps in keeping blooming to a minimum and making dark scenes visually appealing. :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello,

I have a un82nu8000 2018. When playing retro games in game mode I'm noticing a lot of ghosting when there are fast moving objects. Typically the ghosting is on the right side of object if I'm running to the right for example

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can help with this? It almost feels as though the panel is not running at 120hz.

Also is there a way to set external sound by default when the TV is turned on? It used to be like this, but all of a sudden it stopped and I have to change the sound destination every time I turn the TV on.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Has anyone got the input to recognize the Amazon Fire TV or Firestick? It is not even listed in manual selection. It has old devices like Boxee but no Amazon

·
Banned
347 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased the 55 version and after doing some grey uniformity test, i found some issues.

Overall the TV looks great, but i just notice this while watching sports like soccer.

Should I return the TV or its a common issue on this model?

Thank you in advance.
Do you notice anything when watching movies or regular content?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello,

I have a un82nu8000 2018. When playing retro games in game mode I'm noticing a lot of ghosting when there are fast moving objects. Typically the ghosting is on the right side of object if I'm running to the right for example

Does anyone have any recommendations on how I can help with this? It almost feels as though the panel is not running at 120hz.

Also is there a way to set external sound by default when the TV is turned on? It used to be like this, but all of a sudden it stopped and I have to change the sound destination every time I turn the TV on.
Ghosting can be caused by Auto/Game Motion plus. As it predicts the upcoming frames, it causes some ghosting like artifacts.

Regarding sound, if I turn TV off while having sound output to my Denon receiver, then if I turn it on again, it turns Denon on and the sound goes to external by default. The only case when this doesn't work is when TV is showing image going from Denon (PC games running through Denon to TV) and I turn TV off. Then when I turn TV on, it doesn't turn Denon on and the sound goes from TV speakers, so I have to switch it manualy to external.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Netflix app from TV have Atmos?

Sorry to revive an old thread but to all those NU8000 owners out there, curious if you guys are able to get the native Netflix app to play Atmos? I have an AVR with 5.1 surrounds and use the built in native apps to stream movies/shows. I have the upgraded Netflix subscription but when scrolling to an Atmos title it only still shows 5.1. Could it be because I don't have height speakers set up? Shouldn't Netflix show Atmos in the title screen regardless? I mean, if I was just using my TV speakers (stereo) surely the app will still say 5.1 right?

So with that said, I'm looking into adding up firing height speakers but before I do, I want to make sure the native apps can support it. Whether it be Netflix, Disney+, VUDU, Prime etc.

From everything that I've read online, it seems a lot of people tend to have issues getting Atmos to work on the native Netflix app from Samsung Smart TV's. Strange but I'm seeing some people with 2019 and newer have no issues so I'm not sure if it's just a limitation with 2018 and older sets or if it's straight up Samsung and Netflix just not getting their crap together and releasing an update.

Please help.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but to all those NU8000 owners out there, curious if you guys are able to get the native Netflix app to play Atmos? I have an AVR with 5.1 surrounds and use the built in native apps to stream movies/shows. I have the upgraded Netflix subscription but when scrolling to an Atmos title it only still shows 5.1. Could it be because I don't have height speakers set up? Shouldn't Netflix show Atmos in the title screen regardless? I mean, if I was just using my TV speakers (stereo) surely the app will still say 5.1 right?

So with that said, I'm looking into adding up firing height speakers but before I do, I want to make sure the native apps can support it. Whether it be Netflix, Disney+, VUDU, Prime etc.

From everything that I've read online, it seems a lot of people tend to have issues getting Atmos to work on the native Netflix app from Samsung Smart TV's. Strange but I'm seeing some people with 2019 and newer have no issues so I'm not sure if it's just a limitation with 2018 and older sets or if it's straight up Samsung and Netflix just not getting their crap together and releasing an update.

Please help.
No, netflix doesnt do Atmos through Samsung tvs. The only streaming service that has atmos on the nu8000 is Amazon Prime Video. I got the Apple 4k tv so I could get Atmos on netflix and Disney+.

·
Registered
149 Posts
No, netflix doesnt do Atmos through Samsung tvs. The only streaming service that has atmos on the nu8000 is Amazon Prime Video. I got the Apple 4k tv so I could get Atmos on netflix and Disney+.

UGH! Are you friggin serious??? Only Amazon Prime?? What about VUDU, any clue on that?

That seems so stupid. LG and Sony has no issues with this and yet Samsung, one of, if not the largest HDTV manufacturer is the one that can't this app to have Atmos?

I love using the native apps. It's seamless, I don't have to purchase a separate streaming device, and I just have to use one remote for everything (stock Samsung remote). I'm very frustrated.

Guess if I want Atmos, not only do I need to purchase speakers but drop $200 on an Apple 4K TV. Yikes.

·
Registered
242 Posts

UGH! Are you friggin serious??? Only Amazon Prime?? What about VUDU, any clue on that?

That seems so stupid. LG and Sony has no issues with this and yet Samsung, one of, if not the largest HDTV manufacturer is the one that can't this app to have Atmos?

I love using the native apps. It's seamless, I don't have to purchase a separate streaming device, and I just have to use one remote for everything (stock Samsung remote). I'm very frustrated.

Guess if I want Atmos, not only do I need to purchase speakers but drop $200 on an Apple 4K TV. Yikes.
On the app Vudu movies show having atmos. I cant confirm they play with Atmos, but they likely do since they show that. Netflix and Disney+ only show what that tv actually processes.

The annoying thing about Prime is the app doesnt show if a movie or program has Atmos, you find out once the show plays. The Jack Ryan series does Atmos. I think there are only a handful of other shows/movies with Atmos. I definitely wouldn't rent a movie from prime. I rent from iTunes app. I'm not a mac person per se, but itunes allegedly streams at a higher bitrate than vudu. I'm not sure if the samsung itunes movie app does atmos.

·
Registered
9,928 Posts
From another thread, a Samsung NU8000 owner noted that through his FIOS cable box he was able to experience Dolby Atmos Mat through DD+. Has anyone experienced this on there sets? From what I know, you can't get Atmos through ARC unless the TV is enabled to have eARC.

Just curious if anyone has been able to pass through Dolby Atmos Mat through ARC. Thanks!
Hey did you ever figure this out? I know that some VIZIO TVs can send DD+ over ARC which could contain Atmos, but I don't think these Samsungs can do that. I think they are limited to DD? In the expert settings on the TV I see DD+ as an option (grayed out) for ARC output, so that makes me wonder!

·
Registered
242 Posts
From another thread, a Samsung NU8000 owner noted that through his FIOS cable box he was able to experience Dolby Atmos Mat through DD+. Has anyone experienced this on there sets? From what I know, you can't get Atmos through ARC unless the TV is enabled to have eARC.

Just curious if anyone has been able to pass through Dolby Atmos Mat through ARC. Thanks!
Hey did you ever figure this out? I know that some VIZIO TVs can send DD+ over ARC which could contain Atmos, but I don't think these Samsungs can do that. I think they are limited to DD? In the expert settings on the TV I see DD+ as an option (grayed out) for ARC output, so that makes me wonder!
One of the most recent firmware updates added eARC. Yes, it includes atmos on the DD+ audio.

Reactions: nathan_h
1601 - 1620 of 1647 Posts