AVS Forum banner

1641 - 1660 of 1696 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Is there a way to disable the Samsung start up menu when the unit is powered on? I use my UN75NU8000 tv basically as a monitor. All of the video switching is managed through an AV receiver, so I'd like to suppress the menu.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Is there a way to disable the Samsung start up menu when the unit is powered on? I use my UN75NU8000 tv basically as a monitor. All of the video switching is managed through an AV receiver, so I'd like to suppress the menu.

Yes, under Settings go to General —> Smart Features and disable Autorun Smart Hub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, under Settings go to General —> Smart Features and disable Autorun Smart Hub.

Thanks

That gets rid of the lower menu, but there is still a banner at the top at start up that shows the active input. In my case that is HDMI 4. Is there a way to suppress this as well?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Thanks

That gets rid of the lower menu, but there is still a banner at the top at start up that shows the active input. In my case that is HDMI 4. Is there a way to suppress this as well?

No, I don’t think you can suppress the information banner.

·
Registered
8 Posts
HDMI-CEC Problem:

I realize that this could be a Yamaha sound bar problem, but....

I have aSamsung UN65NU8000 (input: HDMI4 ARC) connected to Yamaha YAS-209 sound bar (output: HDMI Out ARC).

• TV’s remote (via CEC) can control the sound bar volume level, mute and power off.
  • TV’s remote cannot turn the sound bar on.
  • The TV’s HDMI4 input name switches back to the name of the sound bar, nullifying the custom name that I input (This is really strange)

The TV’s “HDMI-CEC” is set to “On”. The TV’s speakers are off; sound out via HDMI. There is a Comcast/Xfinity DVR connected to the sound bar (input: HDMI) - the DVR HDMI output is constant.

Let's hear your ideas.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hello. I have the 65" nu8000. It recognizes and controls my receiver, xbox and cable box well.

However it only turns on (and off) the Xbox and receiver, it doesn't toggle the power of my cable box. I don't see any settings to fix this. Any thoughts? Is it just not compatible enough with this particular box?

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
42 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
The only thing I noticed was that gaming in 4K HDR on the Xbox One X appears to be a little bit brighter overall. Maybe it's just my imagination but other than that I really haven't noticed anything else. Thankfully nothing bad anyway. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
HDMI-CEC Problem:

I realize that this could be a Yamaha sound bar problem, but....

I have aSamsung UN65NU8000 (input: HDMI4 ARC) connected to Yamaha YAS-209 sound bar (output: HDMI Out ARC).

• TV’s remote (via CEC) can control the sound bar volume level, mute and power off.
  • TV’s remote cannot turn the sound bar on.
  • The TV’s HDMI4 input name switches back to the name of the sound bar, nullifying the custom name that I input (This is really strange)

The TV’s “HDMI-CEC” is set to “On”. The TV’s speakers are off; sound out via HDMI. There is a Comcast/Xfinity DVR connected to the sound bar (input: HDMI) - the DVR HDMI output is constant.

Let's hear your ideas.​
Problem solved. The default on the YAS-209 is "auto power standby - enabled". This must be disabled so that the unit is able to accept the the TV's CEC signal to turn on. Yea, kind of backwards.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Might be a stupid question guys but my PC is like 20 metres away in a different room and beyond Bluetooth range/usb range for keyboard mouse etc to my tv. If I run a hdmi cable from my gpu to TV and connect my Bluetooth mouse keyboard/controller to the nu8000 will that work? Or would I have to run several long usb cables alongside hdmi to get them to work? I can't find the answer to this anywhere and would like to know before investing in cables.

Also does anybody have any recommend picture settings for Xbox/PS4? Anybody colourblind with red green deurotanopia or similar adjusted things? And is there any point in turning on freesync in Xbox one x if no game supports it/locked at 30 fps. Alongside this does anyone bother using auto game plus for motion interpolation? I.e. Witcher 3 on 4k goes upto 60 FPS with auto game plus if it's locked at 30.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Might be a stupid question guys but my PC is like 20 metres away in a different room and beyond Bluetooth range/usb range for keyboard mouse etc to my tv. If I run a hdmi cable from my gpu to TV and connect my Bluetooth mouse keyboard/controller to the nu8000 will that work? Or would I have to run several long usb cables alongside hdmi to get them to work? I can't find the answer to this anywhere and would like to know before investing in cables.
The TV will not pass the bluetooth connection back to the PC. You'll need something to extend the range, and a long USB cable might be the best option. You could run a single USB cable, and use a powered USB hub instead of running multiple cables.

As for the FreeSync, I didn't notice a huge difference on or off. It made some choppier games feel smoother (I'm looking at you Fallout 4). IIRC there are a few games that support VRR (FreeSync).

·
Registered
292 Posts
Did anyone just get an update to their NU8000? I can't seem to find any details on what changed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I'm on Firmware version 1300.4

Also, for anyone still having problems with the 'info' display, I followed the instructions on this thread to access the service menu and now, so far, the 'info' button and TV start up reports the correct resolution of the hdmi input.

It's the buggy "Instant On" feature fix I followed.
Access the service menu with the described Power-info-menu-mute-power sequence starting with the tv off.
These buttons aren't on the supplied mini smart remote so I used my harmony remote.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Only prob i have with mine is it comes back on by itself within 30 secs of turning it off. Don't do it but every 8 or 9 times .

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi guys, why can't I set anything more than 8 bit when using 1440p 120 Hz resolution? It's the only usable resolution for Freesync but for HDR gaming, I guess 10 bit colors (even with 4:2:2 or 4:2:0) would be better than 8 bit 4:4:4, right?

Using RX580 (latest driver) and Windows 10.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tried Forza Horizon yesterday to check HDR functionality. In 1440p 120Hz, TV doesn't even recognise HDR input. In 1080p 120Hz, HDR is detected and seems working. That's weird...

1641 - 1660 of 1696 Posts