AVS Forum banner

1681 - 1700 of 1712 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Zlat: What is Auto game plus and what does it do? I don't have such option in my NU8002. Just Game motion plus or Freesync. Once I set my PC is a gaming device (it wasn't recognized automatically), it always switches to game mode when using it.

Dunno what the difference between basic and ultimate is. So why not to go with ultimate? 🙃

My screen also flickers a little bit with freesync if the current FPS is below 60 (despite the low framerate compensation :rolleyes: ), it's especialy visible at the static images in the game like menus. What is weird is the fact it flickers in the left low corner only. The rest of the screen is okay.

Anyway, considering you have 60 Hz panel, use Freesync only for those game with 60 FPS goal which have some minor dips because your freesync range ends at 48 FPS. For those game with 30 or 60 FPS (stable) lock, use Game motion plus for maximum smoothness.

Holmes 108: Can you post that youtube video? I'll give it a try. I didn't know there were youtube vids with surround sound. Anyway, my sound settings also allows PCM only with youtube. But I use Plex quite often and it transfers sound to my receiver over ARC without any issues (all 5 channels). It then switches to Dolby Digital automatically.

Speaking about the Xbox, what sound output does it actually have? Is it 5.1 uncompressed (like when using PC) or does it use compressed DD or something like that?
It's game mode if you prefer, usually it would go on automatically and now it won't like i said. It's just improve response time in order to have a smooth image without any lag. I guess then i have to put freesync on ultimate eventhough

·
Registered
31 Posts
What's the point of running it in 120 Hz if it is locked 60 FPS? Rather turn game motion plus on to have 120 FPS interpolation.

Holmes108: Those videos are definitely stereo. My receiver detects stereo too. Check the comments btw. Don't expect surround sound on Youtube. I have no explanation for you succesfully using it in the past because youtube never supported surround sound.

Zlat: I know what game mode is. As I said, once I selected I want my PC to switch TV into gaming mode and since that it launches gamemode automatically. Regarding freesync, I have to turn it on or off, depending on what game (with what framerate) I play.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Holmes108: Those videos are definitely stereo. My receiver detects stereo too. Check the comments btw. Don't expect surround sound on Youtube. I have no explanation for you succesfully using it in the past because youtube never supported surround sound.
very strange, I have such a clear memory. Thanks for confirming though!

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
186 Posts
What's the point of running it in 120 Hz if it is locked 60 FPS? Rather turn game motion plus on to have 120 FPS interpolation.

Zlat: I know what game mode is. As I said, once I selected I want my PC to switch TV into gaming mode and since that it launches gamemode automatically. Regarding freesync, I have to turn it on or off, depending on what game (with what framerate) I play.
Ok perfect, ya that's it, problem is now i was able to have the xbox series be detected by the TV and have game mode on auto but it won't start automatically.

I think i need to contact Microsoft about it now.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I still don't get it. So you run your Xbox through TV, you turn the game mode on. Then you switch to another source (broadcasting for example) and then when you switch the source back to Xbox, it doesn't turn the game mode on automatically?

My TV automatically keeps the last used settings for all sources or apps...

·
Registered
186 Posts
It's correct, it doesn't turn it on or turn it off.

I didn't change any settings, just swapped the consoles so that's why im pretty sure it's the Series X who's not sending the signal to the TV.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I don't think so. The TV simply should keep the last settings of each input. I'm pretty sure my PC doesn't send anything to the TV. There is no need for that. The TV should know that switching to particular HDMI input is related to a specific kind of device like BR player, console, PC etc based on what you set up when the device is connected for the first time.

Anyway, you can reassign inputs to specific devices any time. If your TV doesn't know it's console what's connected, you should do that I guess.

·
Registered
186 Posts
That's it, it finally found the xbox, auto game mode is on auto but when i start a game it doesn't turn on game mode automatically even though it's on auto.

Like i said with the Xbox one it was fine it would go on as soon as i would load a game but now with Series X it doesn't.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You mean that when you're in console menu, the game mode is on and when you launch the game, it turns off?

Well... maybe the console menu and the game itself run in different resolutions and you have to reenable game mod for every resolution (or refresh rate)? Anyway, weird.

If it worked fine with One, then probably TV needs an update to get familiar with Series X?

·
Registered
186 Posts
I did the update on the TV. I don't know to be honest, i started the console this morning and still game mode doesn't turn on eventhough it's on auto.

I think il try the Samsung technical support again.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, like some of you here I just bought an Xbox Series X and I was very eager to play in 120Hz mode with it. Yesterday a patch for Halo allows to run the game in up to 120fps. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but when I check the info in the feed it says the game is outputting 4k, HDR and 59Hz when it should be outputting 1080p or 1440p without HDR at 120Hz since that's what I have selected on the xbox settings. I also have set UHD color on, game mode with freesync on ultimate... it seems like it should just work like that. The game does feel very very smooth, which made me wonder if the problem is with the Samsung info bar that somehow doesn't display the right info, but I'm not really feeling a jump from 60fps really so I guess it's not 120fps.
Don't really know what else to try so I'm hoping some of you might have the answer! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi all, like some of you here I just bought an Xbox Series X and I was very eager to play in 120Hz mode with it. Yesterday a patch for Halo allows to run the game in up to 120fps. I don't know what I'm doing wrong but when I check the info in the feed it says the game is outputting 4k, HDR and 59Hz when it should be outputting 1080p or 1440p without HDR at 120Hz since that's what I have selected on the xbox settings. I also have set UHD color on, game mode with freesync on ultimate... it seems like it should just work like that. The game does feel very very smooth, which made me wonder if the problem is with the Samsung info bar that somehow doesn't display the right info, but I'm not really feeling a jump from 60fps really so I guess it's not 120fps.
Don't really know what else to try so I'm hoping some of you might have the answer! Thanks in advance
It's working okay for me with Warzone. Haven't tried Halo. But I saw at least one person saying you have to go into a further sub menu on the xbox ("Video Modes") and uncheck "Allow 4k" otherwise it can sometimes override the 1440 setting. As I said, Warzone seems to work fine, even with this setting checked, but from what I read, it may be worth trying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's working okay for me with Warzone. Haven't tried Halo. But I saw at least one person saying you have to go into a further sub menu on the xbox ("Video Modes") and uncheck "Allow 4k" otherwise it can sometimes override the 1440 setting. As I said, Warzone seems to work fine, even with this setting checked, but from what I read, it may be worth trying.
You're a freaking genius, I love you

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just dropping this here. Playing the same game on PS4 then on PS5 on same hdmi with same settings on the TV. I must say color wise the PS5 does better color mapping.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all...

I have a very bad problem... I ll update firmware 1202.3 -> 1310.4 and it takes picture very dark and oversaturaited.

I ll find answer in google and find if you change pwm values in service menu you solved the global dimming.

Ok... Now sdr plays very good but if i play hdr content it looks like same like sdr? WTF?

I ll put everything pwm values in default but again hdr looks like washed...

My television is samsung nu 8005 , 65"

I think only help is updating firmware the newest when its release.

What i know its reset all values in service menu back to default.

What you think what is the problem? I wish i never go to update 1202 :(

·
Registered
104 Posts
Anyone have much experience with the series X and 120Hz. In warzone, when enabled, I love the performance, but I notice a flicker. It's fairly subtle, took me a day or two to notice, but now that I've noticed it I can't unsee it.

Not like my entire screen flickers badly. More like when I look at the wall or the ground, in certain lighting conditions, it has a flicker kinda like a flourescent light flicker.

Not sure if it's specific to this game, or just 120hz on this panel in general.

·
Registered
31 Posts
You have Freesync/VRR enabled? Sometimes I experience flickering with freesync (especialy at the left low corner) which is especialy noticeable on steady images like menus etc.

·
Registered
104 Posts
You have Freesync/VRR enabled? Sometimes I experience flickering with freesync (especialy at the left low corner) which is especialy noticeable on steady images like menus etc.
Yes, I only see it in game though.

Edit: just tested rb6 siege, which also supports 120 Hz, and I can't find any sign on the flickering. Just in warzone. Weird.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I guess freesync was the culprit, I always had freesync enabled that's why I didn't think it was the problem. but it's vsync in 120 hertz combined that gives me the flicker, freesync at 60 hertz was always fine.

120 with no freesync is also fine.

1681 - 1700 of 1712 Posts