AVS Forum banner

561 - 580 of 896 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just did a firmware update on my Q6FN82, it’s now 1202. I was wondering if anyone knows the details for the update since I can’t seem to find them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
96 Posts
Just did a firmware update on my Q6FN82, it’s now 1202. I was wondering if anyone knows the details for the update since I can’t seem to find them. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All I see is probably the same thing you saw.

- Improved usability
1. Improved browser performance
2. Improved app performance
3. Improved stability
4. Improved usability of input devices

·
Registered
58 Posts
Well, my panel just displayed a horizontal line across the bottom. TV now days are total crap, and yes, the Samsung Q6FN 82" fails. Service call Thursday....
OH NO! Weren't you one of the lucky few who received a good panel without any of that terrible Ghosting we have been talking about here? Better make double-sure the replacement is OK before you accept it... Good luck!

·
Registered
151 Posts
OH NO! Weren't you one of the lucky few who received a good panel without any of that terrible Ghosting we have been talking about here? Better make double-sure the replacement is OK before you accept it... Good luck!
Yes! Only issue I had was a small amount of DSE looking at the screen from 180 degrees side view, which I would never watch. Had a scheduled tech visit today, when I called to confirm they said Samsung canceled the appointment and transferred me directly to Samsung. So I was pissed and ready to fight! Luckily, I got a service rep that spoke english and he said because of the backordered part (panel) they canceled the appointment and were going to ship a new replacement set. Strange that they did this without a site visit, but I did send the local service facility the same pics I posted here. Told him about the folks here have troubles with ghosting, pixels, and the likes. Also told him I will expect that the 14 day refund period be honored on the replacement set and it needed to be a new set, not a refurbished one. Crossing my fingers because the panel I have satisfied me totally... except for the horizontal line that mysteriously developed. Will keep you updated.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes! Only issue I had was a small amount of DSE looking at the screen from 180 degrees side view, which I would never watch. Had a scheduled tech visit today, when I called to confirm they said Samsung canceled the appointment and transferred me directly to Samsung. So I was pissed and ready to fight! Luckily, I got a service rep that spoke english and he said because of the backordered part (panel) they canceled the appointment and were going to ship a new replacement set. Strange that they did this without a site visit, but I did send the local service facility the same pics I posted here. Told him about the folks here have troubles with ghosting, pixels, and the likes. Also told him I will expect that the 14 day refund period be honored on the replacement set and it needed to be a new set, not a refurbished one. Crossing my fingers because the panel I have satisfied me totally... except for the horizontal line that mysteriously developed. Will keep you updated.
Wishing you the best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
259 Posts
...random thought...I'm curious on how they would try to pull off sending a refurbished one as "new" without sending it in a sealed actual retail box? I remember the behemoth of a box the QN82Q6FN came in! I doubt it's something they can "easily" fit in another retail-type box to trick it as new....

Reactions: videokid

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hello again forum. Got a quick question. I have a Q6FN. Every time I connect my Sandisk Ultra Fit thumb drive I get the following 2 messages. First it will say "Setting up... Setting up to adjust the speaker volume with the Smart Remote.". Then will say "No Speaker Detected Check the cable connection and the power of the unit, and properly set the source of the speaker. Then, change the Sound Out of the TV to Audio/Optical". I know this has something to do with the way it will automatically try to connect any devices for the universal remote feature.

This happens on both USB ports. After I just back out of the error message Im able to use the thumb drive with the TV with no issues. Just do not understand why it thinks Ive connected a speaker. The way my TV is set up is through optical audio to an Astro A50 transmitter. Ive tried it with the sound out as TV, and as optical audio. It happens both ways. Anyone have this happen to them? Ive attached 2 pics of the messages Im getting. Thank you!
Just wanted to add my own solution I figured out for this issue if anyone else is having something similar. Basically along with what I wrote above I was also constantly getting a message saying "No speaker detected". It would happen randomly even when I wasnt connecting or disconnecting anything. I would randomly get this pop up as if my TV sensed that I had connected a new device and was trying to set it up for the "smart remote" feature. Then the pop up just stays there until you dismiss it. I dont know what device (if any) was causing this but I decided to see if I could completely disable the "smart/ universal" remote feature. And I was able to.

To do this I went into the service menu and shut off the smart remote feature. I used an older Samsung remote I had that had the numbers on it and with the TV off pressed Mute, 1, 8, 2, then power to get into the service menu. Then just toggled the smart remote off. This fixed the pop ups. But of course this also turns off the universal remote feature. But I didnt use it anyway. And if you want to turn the "Smart remote" feature back on you dont have to go back into the service menu. Just go to "universal remote" in the source selection and you can turn it back on along with setting up any devices to use as well. Anyway just wanted to add this in case anyone else was getting the irritating pop ups about a new device connected when there wasnt one.

Reactions: videokid

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
Just wanted to add my own solution I figured out for this issue if anyone else is having something similar. Basically along with what I wrote above I was also constantly getting a message saying "No speaker detected". It would happen randomly even when I wasnt connecting or disconnecting anything. I would randomly get this pop up as if my TV sensed that I had connected a new device and was trying to set it up for the "smart remote" feature. Then the pop up just stays there until you dismiss it. I dont know what device (if any) was causing this but I decided to see if I could completely disable the "smart/ universal" remote feature. And I was able to.

To do this I went into the service menu and shut off the smart remote feature. I used an older Samsung remote I had that had the numbers on it and with the TV off pressed Mute, 1, 8, 2, then power to get into the service menu. Then just toggled the smart remote off. This fixed the pop ups. But of course this also turns off the universal remote feature. But I didnt use it anyway. And if you want to turn the "Smart remote" feature back on you dont have to go back into the service menu. Just go to "universal remote" in the source selection and you can turn it back on along with setting up any devices to use as well. Anyway just wanted to add this in case anyone else was getting the irritating pop ups about a new device connected when there wasnt one.
good to know thanks. I wonder if this would affect connected soundbars. before I was able to just turn on & off the soundbar. now I get a popup asking me to accept the soundbar to activate it. If I ignore the popup then it just won't turn the soundbar on.

·
Registered
397 Posts
good to know thanks. I wonder if this would affect connected soundbars. before I was able to just turn on & off the soundbar. now I get a popup asking me to accept the soundbar to activate it. If I ignore the popup then it just won't turn the soundbar on.
Im pretty sure this would stop you from controlling any other devices other than the TV with the Smart remote. But since I didnt use it for anything else turning it off made sense. I havent seen the pop up since. The only thing it really affected was the labels for the sources. For example when I had smart remote on it would label my XBOX ONE as "XBOX ONE" in green. With it off I just had to label it myself. Same with Direct TV.

·
Registered
169 Posts
So im looking to upgrade from a samsung hu8550 and was leaning toward tcl/vizio, but then i discovered this does [email protected] and freesync as i game alot on xbox one x. Im 90% sold on the q6 over nu8000. My concer is i have onkyo tx-nr 555 which is 5.1.2 atmos etc, but i will now need to run arc or optical from xbox to tv to receiver to take advantage of the advanced gaming features.

My question; i prefer dts Neural X vs Dolby surround, but not huge difference between them. Is it worth it to run optical from xbox to receiver for dts or is dd over arc just as good in your guys opinions.

Also, any gamers her can share their opinions on games like bo4/bfv/apex legends while running 1440p/120hz freesync. Is it big difference (coming from my current setup where im estimating 45-65ms lag @60hz

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
So im looking to upgrade from a samsung hu8550 and was leaning toward tcl/vizio, but then i discovered this does [email protected] and freesync as i game alot on xbox one x. Im 90% sold on the q6 over nu8000. My concer is i have onkyo tx-nr 555 which is 5.1.2 atmos etc, but i will now need to run arc or optical from xbox to tv to receiver to take advantage of the advanced gaming features.

My question; i prefer dts Neural X vs Dolby surround, but not huge difference between them. Is it worth it to run optical from xbox to receiver for dts or is dd over arc just as good in your guys opinions.

Also, any gamers her can share their opinions on games like bo4/bfv/apex legends while running 1440p/120hz freesync. Is it big difference (coming from my current setup where im estimating 45-65ms lag @60hz
I would suggest that ARC will be better for you. Optical will work but it won't support lossless DTS-HD MA, you will be able to upmix it to Neural X though.

The advantages of ARC are: DD+ Atmos from any internal apps (such as Vudu, Amazon and the upcoming Itunes addition). I don't have an Xbox to test but the Samsung might also be capable of passing ATMOS from the Xbox to your Onkyo. If so, this would provide ATMOS gaming, ATMOS movies, ATMOS Netflix. It would be lossy DD+ ATMOS but still better than the lossy DTS via optical.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello, and thanks for allowing me to join this forum.
So i just purchased my new Q65FN from Costco and the TV is incredible. My question is picture settings. i have tried a bunch of different settings and eventually i seem to like the standard mode with a few variations to other things like color, sharpness, and back light, for some reasons those settings look great on streaming channels like Netflix and Amazon but not so great on regular local channels. i have Xfinity Comcast as the provider. i recently looked on line and most owners seem to like the Movie mode and not standard or Dynamic.
can someone provide me with what they feel is the best picture settings for this TV.

this is my first post on this site and i apologize in advance if this is not the correct forum for this question :D
I work in video production and we use a $15,000 monitor on location when shooting 4k. It is setup by our engineer but invariably the client, camera man/woman will tweak the settings to get it like they think it should be.

I have the Q6FN 65. I like it. It's a great value. TV Settings to me are so subjective. You will probably get folks recommending their setup or maybe rtings, etc.

I go with my eye for my environment. My room is bright in the daytime and dark at night so I am tweaking between those two light sources.

Find something your eye likes and save it. I also adjust settings depending on the program source. I freeze a frame and adjust accordingly.

Good luck.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi, I just got my 75" Q65FN from Costco.

I'm replacing a 55" LG, and it looks like I'll have to re-position the wall mount to prevent the TV overlapping the built in center speaker.
Problem is wall mount I have is centered around power and AV outlet (mount has a top and bottom section and outlets placed to match TV), so it can't really move the mount around too much.

Sanus shows the VLL5 as a match for the TV:
https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vll5/

I'd rather have some space behind the TV for cables vs. too close to the wall.

What TV wall mounts would you recommend for the Q6(5)FN?

·
Registered
4,158 Posts
Hi, I just got my 75" Q65FN from Costco.

I'm replacing a 55" LG, and it looks like I'll have to re-position the wall mount to prevent the TV overlapping the built in center speaker.
Problem is wall mount I have is centered around power and AV outlet (mount has a top and bottom section and outlets placed to match TV), so it can't really move the mount around too much.

Sanus shows the VLL5 as a match for the TV:
https://www.sanus.com/en_US/products/mounts/vll5/

I'd rather have some space behind the TV for cables vs. too close to the wall.

What TV wall mounts would you recommend for the Q6(5)FN?
Get the Sanus SLT3-B1 from Costco. I use it for my 82 inch Q6FN and my 75 inch Sony 900F. The nice feature is that its extendable out by 6 inches, to make it easier to access cables when needed. After you're done with the cable connection you can push it back in close to the wall. It was on sale in January at Costco in store for $65, so you might be able to pick it up cheaper than online.
https://www.costco.com/SANUS-Simplicity-37"--90"-Tilting-TV-Mount.product.100402935.html

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just purchased the Samsung 82 inch Q6 from Costco, it has a white line in the center of the screen that shows up in lighter scenes. I’m returning it, the picture is terrible. I have a 2015 65 inch 8000 series Samsung and the picture blows the 82 inch away. I’m going to drop down to the 75 inch either Q8 $3299.00 or Sony 900f $2799.00 I’m not buying TVs from Costco anymore unless it’s a cheap bedroom tv, I think the quality of their large TVs are garbage. I still am happy with Samsung just not the lower end models, I’m leaning towards the Samsung Q8, I was really impressed with the picture and im used to the features.

·
Registered
5,771 Posts
WRAL CHANNEL 5

If you’d like to catch a glimpse of what regular ATSC 3.0 broadcasts could bring, install the WRAL CHANNEL 5 app available on the Samsung M9500/M8500 BDPs. In it you’ll find samples from their 4K stream.

561 - 580 of 896 Posts