AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 904 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
sorry to hear that.I guess one of the reasons I buy from Costco. I was tempted to buy a higher end Sony or samsung- but stuff like this stops me from doing so. Your issue would bother me tot he point of replacing the set. You don't want to the issue to get worse ( it may not too). up to you if you can live with it-or pay for the shipping back.
You are 100% correct, I have been a Costco Executive member since 2007. I always bought my TV's their. I dont know why i decided to buy an 82" directly from Samsung and save a couple bucks then come find out Citibank gives me 15% off the price which would have been cheaper. Folks take my advice and NEVER buy directly from Samsung, My new 16 day old TV has problems and what a pain in the Ass it is dealing with Samsung. NEVER again will i buy anything directly from them. I will Always stick to Costco.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I received my QN75Q6FN today. I purchased it from "gear4less" on eBay, who has a stellar feedback record so I assumed all would be well. It was packed very well and double boxed upon delivery. Upon setting it up there are 2 defects on the screen: a red dead pixel at the top right corner and also at the right corner next to the frame of the screen a cluster of dead black pixels or possibly crack like damage behind the glass on the LCD itself.

Photos are attached. This completely sucks. For a premium brand TV that cost over $2k I would not have expected this. The 55-inch 4K TCL I purchased for my mother last year on Black Friday for $330 has a perfect screen, go figure. How would you all go about this? Factory warranty? Per the eBay seller's policy for a defect they offer an exchange but won't cover the shipping cost to return it.

Thanks in advance for any insight/info, it is much appreciated.
I almost bought my 82" from them and decided to go directly with Samsung. BIG mistake. Folks take my advice and buy a set like this from Costco. Hands down the best place to buy an expensive TV from. I have been dealing with Samsung directly on a 3k plus purchase broken 16 days after arrival. They want to send a tech to take it apart. NEVER AGAIN. I was replacing my 2014 Sharp 80". Big Mistake I have never had 1 problem with that set,

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I almost bought my 82" from them and decided to go directly with Samsung. BIG mistake. Folks take my advice and buy a set like this from Costco. Hands down the best place to buy an expensive TV from. I have been dealing with Samsung directly on a 3k plus purchase broken 16 days after arrival. They want to send a tech to take it apart. NEVER AGAIN. I was replacing my 2014 Sharp 80". Big Mistake I have never had 1 problem with that set,
I would tell them new set or else. Ridiculous after only 16 days they want to send a tech. just like best buy- they give you 15 days to return or they charge you for returning a defective item. crazy. did the purchase hit your credit card yet? just hold the payment then. I always buy from costco- wish they carried sony brand or some of the higher end samsung. but piece of mind is worth it in the end. Also the getting 15% of the price in a cash card was a good incentive. Its basically a free $405 gift card.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Well, I got on the phone with Samsung today. They're sending out their tech this Friday for my dead pixel issue on my one day old QN75Q6FN. I sent the tech center an email stating that I wanted a brand new replacement QN75Q6FN and wouldn't accept anything else, they said on the phone their tech would determine if they can repair it and if not a replacement would be provided. Really not so comfortable with a tech tearing down my brand new TV and also would feel sour about paying this much for a then refurbished/repaired TV already.

What are the odds of them being able to fix these dead pixels? Or will they not even bother and opt to replace it with a new TV? It's one dead red pixel and also a cluster of about 4-5 dead black pixels near the right corner frame.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Well, I got on the phone with Samsung today. They're sending out their tech this Friday for my dead pixel issue on my one day old QN75Q6FN. I sent the tech center an email stating that I wanted a brand new replacement QN75Q6FN and wouldn't accept anything else, they said on the phone their tech would determine if they can repair it and if not a replacement would be provided. Really not so comfortable with a tech tearing down my brand new TV and also would feel sour about paying this much for a then refurbished/repaired TV already.

What are the odds of them being able to fix these dead pixels? Or will they not even bother and opt to replace it with a new TV? It's one dead red pixel and also a cluster of about 4-5 dead black pixels near the right corner frame.
let us know how you make out and how it went. I still think you are due a new set- I would insist on it.
So far though I am liking the set. got everything dialed in for different formats and even got cable Tv to look somewhat decent. 4K streaming is very nice- so now I may have to get a netflix subscription too. coming form a smaller 50" plasma I have to say that night watching is sometimes a bit eye-popping. I mean when a bright scene comes on it lights up the whole damn room. off angle is horrible on the set like many other LCD sets- but I knew that going in.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just to post the flip side. I got my 82 yesterday direct from Samsung. Paid the extra $50 for white glove and threw another $20 to the guys to help me put it up on the wall. Changed all the setting to match rtings suggestions and the set looks good. No issues so far. Still tweaking, finding the right content ect. But delivery went smooth, and everything looks perfect to me so far. I went the EPP route to get the best price, but will most likely pick up the extended warranty from Costco this week.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Just to post the flip side. I got my 82 yesterday direct from Samsung. Paid the extra $50 for white glove and threw another $20 to the guys to help me put it up on the wall. Changed all the setting to match rtings suggestions and the set looks good. No issues so far. Still tweaking, finding the right content ect. But delivery went smooth, and everything looks perfect to me so far. I went the EPP route to get the best price, but will most likely pick up the extended warranty from Costco this week.
Do you think the White Glove helps in the transportation of the panel from A to B, or is it just the delivery folks carrying it in and unboxing? Always worry of damage to the set while being shipped. I'm ordering from Samsung via their Upgrade program and still waffeling between the Q6FN82" and the Q7FN75". Want to do the bigger panel, but also want the latest technology for PQ.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Do you think the White Glove helps in the transportation of the panel from A to B, or is it just the delivery folks carrying it in and unboxing? Always worry of damage to the set while being shipped. I'm ordering from Samsung via their Upgrade program and still waffeling between the Q6FN82" and the Q7FN75". Want to do the bigger panel, but also want the latest technology for PQ.
I don't think the white glove changes the actual delivery at all. That would be an unacceptable variable. I just didn't want any push back regarding the unboxing and giving me the time to verify nothing was wrong. I was not going to wait till after the fact and have to ship this monster back if there was a problem on delivery. White glove just gave me the confidence that I could ask them to wait around while I tested. The extra $20 was to have them help me put it up. I all-ready had the wall mount mounted and the two hangers ready to put on the TV. Took me 2 min, 4 screws to put them on the back of the TV, and the two guys put it up for me.

Stop waffeling. Go for the 82, vs the 75, Q7. Size matters. PQ is subjective anyway, but size is size, and when you see this thing on your wall, its the size that is impressive, the PQ looks as good as whatever you feed it. Anything after that is really splitting hairs IMO, and will only matter if you have 2 TVs side by side.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I don't think the white glove changes the actual delivery at all. That would be an unacceptable variable. I just didn't want any push back regarding the unboxing and giving me the time to verify nothing was wrong. I was not going to wait till after the fact and have to ship this monster back if there was a problem on delivery. White glove just gave me the confidence that I could ask them to wait around while I tested. The extra $20 was to have them help me put it up. I all-ready had the wall mount mounted and the two hangers ready to put on the TV. Took me 2 min, 4 screws to put them on the back of the TV, and the two guys put it up for me.

Stop waffeling. Go for the 82, vs the 75, Q7. Size matters. PQ is subjective anyway, but size is size, and when you see this thing on your wall, its the size that is impressive, the PQ looks as good as whatever you feed it. Anything after that is really splitting hairs IMO, and will only matter if you have 2 TVs side by side.
Thanks, that helps me make the decision... 82"!

·
Registered
36 Posts
let us know how you make out and how it went. I still think you are due a new set- I would insist on it.
So far though I am liking the set. got everything dialed in for different formats and even got cable Tv to look somewhat decent. 4K streaming is very nice- so now I may have to get a netflix subscription too. coming form a smaller 50" plasma I have to say that night watching is sometimes a bit eye-popping. I mean when a bright scene comes on it lights up the whole damn room. off angle is horrible on the set like many other LCD sets- but I knew that going in.
Update time. The Samsung techs came out today (Service Quick, Inc) and took a look at my TV. They deemed that the panel would need to be replaced. I explained to them that I felt the set should be replaced with a brand new one altogether because I've only owned the TV for 4 days now and that it was defective out of the box. The tech said he understood where I was coming from but unfortunately Samsung makes their techs attempt to repair the issue at least 2 or 3 times before finally opting to provide a brand new replacement under warranty.

At that point I declined the repair and will now be going through the eBay seller I got it from. I am definitely not paying return shipping on this TV and haven't left any feedback yet. I am just going to get my money back and buy this TV locally. I learned my lesson buying such an expensive ticket item as this online through an eBay seller. Had I gotten this at Best Buy or Costco I'm sure this would have been an easy in-store exchange for a dead pixel issue as this one.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Update time. The Samsung techs came out today (Service Quick, Inc) and took a look at my TV. They deemed that the panel would need to be replaced. I explained to them that I felt the set should be replaced with a brand new one altogether because I've only owned the TV for 4 days now and that it was defective out of the box. The tech said he understood where I was coming from but unfortunately Samsung makes their techs attempt to repair the issue at least 2 or 3 times before finally opting to provide a brand new replacement under warranty.

At that point I declined the repair and will now be going through the eBay seller I got it from. I am definitely not paying return shipping on this TV and haven't left any feedback yet. I am just going to get my money back and buy this TV locally. I learned my lesson buying such an expensive ticket item as this online through an eBay seller. Had I gotten this at Best Buy or Costco I'm sure this would have been an easy in-store exchange for a dead pixel issue as this one.

Man, I am going through the same thing except i ordered directly from Samsung. Same story though. I ordered from Samsung white glove delivery. The box looked good no dents or any visible signs of damage on it whatsoever. They set it up. I tip the guys 50 bucks for ub-boxing and setup in my Standout Designs copy cat stand. All was going well was enjoying the new Tv with the wife re watching older movies in 4K and on the 16th day a line appeared out of no where and that is when the headaches stared to come on. Samsung will not send me a new one and demand they have a tech out to replace the panel. I immediately refused that option and called Amex and filed a complaint. This is where i am at instead of enjoying my expensive TV purchase. Samsung return policy is ONLY 15 days from when you purchased the tv on their website.

I saved money with the EPP pricing but what a headache it is when you have an issue. Same as you, you bought to save some money but now the savings are NOT worth the headaches that come with such a big TV purchase. The size alone to lug around in my truck is Massive.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Hands down an 82" Q6 is way better than the 75" Q7. I own a 65" Q7 in my bedroom and the picture difference is not all that much. Now the sheer difference from 75 to 82 is a Big difference :). White Glove delivery is good to ensure your expensive investment did not arrive with a cracked panel or broken in any other way. Of course my luck, I had a brand new 82" delivered white glove and 16 days later my problems showed up.

·
Registered
2,506 Posts
I picked up the 49” variant of the Q6 and am floored by its quality.
Black levels are excellent very deep and with the use of a bias light they likely appear a little deeper.
Peak brightness and WCG make for an impressive HDR performance. Games like Horizon:ZD and God of war have blown me away.
I am coming from the X900E and I am floored with how well this competes with the Sony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hands down an 82" Q6 is way better than the 75" Q7. I own a 65" Q7 in my bedroom and the picture difference is not all that much. Now the sheer difference from 75 to 82 is a Big difference :). White Glove delivery is good to ensure your expensive investment did not arrive with a cracked panel or broken in any other way. Of course my luck, I had a brand new 82" delivered white glove and 16 days later my problems showed up.
Went to Conns yesterday and they had the Q6FN 82" side by side with the Q7FN 75" and Q8FN 65". There are differences for sure, but marginal IMO. The 82" 6FN looked like it had slightly more contrast compared to the rest, but I think that was because of the semi-gloss screen and it being slightly lower end. I think I can correct that to a degree by tweaking the settings. I have the Sharp LC70UQ17U presently, and the screen had the same issue with being semi-gloss. Upgrading from the 1080 Sharp, to the 4K Samsung is a winning deal just on that point. I shoot video in HD and 4K and I can tell this panel will be sufficient for my needs with wanting the biggest panel with decent picture quality (Compression is pure EVIL). Can't wait to hook up my Sony FS7 4K broadcast video camera via the HDMI and see how much this baby cooks with pure, uncompressed 4K video shot on a 35MM sensor! I'll send screen shots if anyone is interested. I too ordered from Samsung and used the Upgrade finance program that lets you upgrade 2 years into the 3 year plan with 0% interest, they credit the 3rd year if you purchase a newer, same price or higher panel. That works because in 2 years, I can upgrade to the newer technology, hopefully micro LED. Now it's on to the worry of getting a set that gets here without shipping damage and not having the issue that you incurred, F*ing around with the Manufacturer. Honestly, they all act the same when there are quality problems don't they! Anyone think getting a second warranty from, say, SquareTrade is a wise idea for added protection? Thanks for all the great info in helping with a important decision. :cool:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I saved money with the EPP pricing but what a headache it is when you have an issue. Same as you, you bought to save some money but now the savings are NOT worth the headaches that come with such a big TV purchase. The size alone to lug around in my truck is Massive.
I get a large EPP discount if I buy directly from Samsung, but these stories make me kind of scared to do so. It is worth the risk? I am thinking about a 75Q6FN. I don't know if I should just wait until Black Friday to see if the prices at stores come down to the same level. Costco in particular.

·
Registered
301 Posts
You are 100% correct, I have been a Costco Executive member since 2007. I always bought my TV's their. I dont know why i decided to buy an 82" directly from Samsung and save a couple bucks then come find out Citibank gives me 15% off the price which would have been cheaper. Folks take my advice and NEVER buy directly from Samsung, My new 16 day old TV has problems and what a pain in the Ass it is dealing with Samsung. NEVER again will i buy anything directly from them. I will Always stick to Costco.
Funny im at this thread right now because I purchased the flagship q9fn65 directly from samsung and it arrived with a cracked panel.. Sent all the way to maui and I had to package it back up and send it back, im waiting on my refund..

I am taking the refund because not only is it a hassle but they made me take down my no gap wall mount which was mounted and return that as well..

Now I find myself looking at this qled costco model for half the price...

Please tell me why I should purchase this rather then the overpriced backlit q9fn I just returned...I bet the differance in average everyday joe is miniscule

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
Has anyone updated to firmware 1153 on this set? Is it worth it? Any improvements over 1131?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
on a related note- i don't have my TV hooked into internet. I use Roku for streaming and possibly AT4K in future. do I even need to do a firmware upgrade? isn't it mostly for apps anyway?

·
Registered
537 Posts
on a related note- i don't have my TV hooked into internet. I use Roku for streaming and possibly AT4K in future. do I even need to do a firmware upgrade? isn't it mostly for apps anyway?
The firmware updates are for functional fixes. The apps are updated independently.

61 - 80 of 904 Posts