AVS Forum banner

761 - 779 of 779 Posts

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Also getting Monday a replacement 65Q7FN for my bummed out light bleed 65JS8500....I'm so ready after the 2 week ordeal with ST.
The Q7 is so much better then the Js8500.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Guys, can you please help me? I have the Q7FN in 55" and I was going through the menu, trying to set it up with my consoles and I'm missing the "Game mode settings". In the external device manager, there are the usual options like "HDMI UHD Color", "HDMI Black level" and "Game mode". But this option can only be turned on and off. In all the videos on YouTube I saw that there should be game mode settings like "Game motion plus" and "Freesync". Also, in "Auto motion plus" there should be "Blur reduction" and "Judder reduction" and I only have the Judder option.
I have the Nintendo Switch and the original PS4..maybe these options will only show up only with PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE X?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Guys, can you please help me? I have the Q7FN in 55" and I was going through the menu, trying to set it up with my consoles and I'm missing the "Game mode settings". In the external device manager, there are the usual options like "HDMI UHD Color", "HDMI Black level" and "Game mode". But this option can only be turned on and off. In all the videos on YouTube I saw that there should be game mode settings like "Game motion plus" and "Freesync". Also, in "Auto motion plus" there should be "Blur reduction" and "Judder reduction" and I only have the Judder option.
I have the Nintendo Switch and the original PS4..maybe these options will only show up only with PS4 PRO and XBOX ONE X?
You should definitely have those options. Are you sure you don't have a Q7F (2017) edition?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been wondering myself that since it was an opened box TV. But the serial number is Q7FNATXX and I have ambient mode on it, which I know is a feature only on 2018 and 2019 models. Also, the stand is straight and on the 2017 model it was in an angle

·
Registered
9,325 Posts
Hi andrei borovina, some possibility that might cause this:
- HDMI source input set to PC (change to GAME, etc... or edit name)
- HDR + mode is enabled (turn it OFF)
- HDMI cable (try a different HDMI cable)
- try to reset TV

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yeah...tried all the above without success, except resetting the TV. I'll eventually get around to do that as well and let you guys know if it worked. Fingers crossed

·
Registered
518 Posts
I posted this in the Q6FN Thread but didn't receive a response.

I have HDR Settings on my Q6FN at default except I keep Local Dimming on LOW instead of HIGH. I've noticed a few UHD Blu Ray Titles, specifically ones that are letterboxed, exhibit some minor light-bleed. Do any Q7 Owners keep their HDR Local Dimming on high? Does it help with black levels? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I tried everything..I even hooked up a PS4 PRO because I recently upgraded from the OG PS4 and reset the TV to the factory settings, but nothing still. There simply are no Game Mode Settings. There's just a toggle for Game Mode - on or off.
Maybe someone will eventually figure it out...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I posted this in the Q6FN Thread but didn't receive a response.

I have HDR Settings on my Q6FN at default except I keep Local Dimming on LOW instead of HIGH. I've noticed a few UHD Blu Ray Titles, specifically ones that are letterboxed, exhibit some minor light-bleed. Do any Q7 Owners keep their HDR Local Dimming on high? Does it help with black levels? Thanks in advance.
I keep mine on Low. Anything else and I get annoying global like dimming that drives me insane, especially with subtitles. Not sure about light bleed though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I keep mine on Low. Anything else and I get annoying global like dimming that drives me insane, especially with subtitles. Not sure about light bleed though.
Actually, I tried some new settings I found on Consumer Reports, and not sure if it's due to firmware updates or my new player (Panasonic DP-UB820), but I've been able to keep my Local Dimming on High with few issues. Subtitles will still cause dimming, but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. Settings are:

PICTURE SETTINGS
Picture Mode: Movie
Contrast: 45
Brightness: 1
Gamma: 0
Color: 28
Tint: R2
Sharpness: 0
Color Tone: Warm1
Backlight: 50
Local Dimming: High
Color Space Settings: Auto
Auto Motion Plus Setting: Custom (Blur Reduction: 10), All others 0 or Off.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I tried everything..I even hooked up a PS4 PRO because I recently upgraded from the OG PS4 and reset the TV to the factory settings, but nothing still. There simply are no Game Mode Settings. There's just a toggle for Game Mode - on or off.
hi i figured it out, get in samsung service menu ,go in option,go in MTR option , and switch game mode 1 to 2 , and take off eco sensor inside the service menu , (makes hdr look awesome for me loll), reboot , now go into external device manager setting in tv , and game mode settings freesync will be there

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thank you!! Tried it and it totally worked!

hi i figured it out, get in samsung service menu ,go in option,go in MTR option , and switch game mode 1 to 2 , and take off eco sensor inside the service menu , (makes hdr look awesome for me loll), reboot , now go into external device manager setting in tv , and game mode settings freesync will be there

·
Registered
237 Posts
Starz App

Picked up a new Samsung Q7 last week and downloaded the Starz App to catch Spider Man Far from Home. The move did exceed my expectations, but I have to say the picture quality from the app is fantastic. Also started watching Ash vs The Evil Dead, and again the picture quality was truly outstanding (good show as well). I pretty sure it's 1080p but I think it looks as good, if not better than Jack Ryan on Amazon in 4k. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me? (I have Starz through my cable, but my cable is only 1080i so I use the apps for my premium channels, but this one is by far the best picture).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!
I have a rather strange problem or even problems.
When I first got Q7FN a year or so ago I immediately noticed that it had PWM motion artifacts (duplicate trailing blur). Cranking backlight to max solved the problem and it was smooth sailing from there.
I use TV as PC monitor to play SDR games at 1440p 120Hz and watching SDR/HDR movies and some PS4 games.
All went well until I decided to play HDR game on PC, namely Borderlands 3. HDR itself worked ok, but PWM artifacts were back in HDR Mode even with backlight set to max. I've spent couple of days troubleshooting and playing with different settings and found that stetting gamma to +3 (essentially making everything brighter) mitigates PWM problem.
But what really was bizarre that I found that bringing up home menu (that bottom white stripe) completely eliminates PWM artifacts and also makes motion blur really smooth. Close menu and artifacts are back. It only happens in HDR Mode, SDR games work perfectly fine as long as backlight is at maximum. At first I thought that it was local dimming rising brightness when menu is up and then lowering it, but that was not the case.
I believe I haven't noticed artifacts in PS4 games due to severe motion blur console games use. In my quest for answers I booted The Last Of Us Remastered and oh boy... This game does not have motion blur and it is an artifact fest, game is barely playable, even cranking up gamma didn't help. And again bringing up home menu completely eliminated motion artifacts.
Does anyone have an idea what is going on? I'am on a verge of throwing my tv into the window (good thing TV is big and wall mounted...)

·
Registered
478 Posts
My 75Q7FN failed and Samsung can't repair it so they are refunding me. I'm getting mixed info on the 2020 Q70T and the 2019 Q70R which can still be replaced. Any recommendation on a replace model for this tv?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just got my Q7FN 75”. Love it, but have one issue. When set is turned off from remote. It may all of a sudden turn on. Has anyone else experienced this? Any way to prevent it from happening?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got my 65" Q7FN delivered today.
Awesome TV but I am having one problem related with HDR.
The TV is running firmware v1300.

HDR is working fine in native apps like youtube, netflix and prime but I am getting dim display when turning on HDR via PC (Windows 10).
I am getting dim displays on [email protected] and 120fps, [email protected] and 120fps, [email protected]

BUT,
the HDR seems fine on 1080p, 1440p @ 50fps and [email protected]

I think cable is fine since the same cable had no problem displaying HDR on LG SK9000

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
113 Posts
Samsung seems to have done something awful to their Smarthings iPhone app and whereas before it was just very difficult to use, now I can't set the photo for ambient mode at all. There is literally no setting for it anymore. Am I missing something or is it just their general technical incompetence? So close and yet so … I love this TV but I'd love it so much more if I could choose from a gallery of images that I uploaded to it from a remote. How simple would that be?

761 - 779 of 779 Posts