AVS Forum banner

21 - 40 of 11458 Posts

·
Banned
517 Posts
Don't lay it face down, LED lights can shift increasing your chances getting more blooming.

Sent from my XR6P10 using Tapatalk
so how are you supposed to lay it then to put the stands in the back unless you stand it it on a bed and have it lean on soemthign like the back board bed rest or pillows

·
Registered
182 Posts
Wouldn't you want to follow the manufacturers directions? I don't think the LEDs really shift, it's the different layers of the LCD that can move around I guess. But wouldn't laying it face down apply even pressure rather than on it's side? Shoot, I put my OLED facedown to install the stand like the directions said, and that screen is super thin. Well, whatever works for you guys. Good luck!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
That is what I thought but this is from Samsung. Crazy.
Have to figure out another way to get the stand on.
I had to unbox my 2017 Q7F and attach the stand. (It was a mistake -- I thought BB would do that.) The setup instructions said to lay it screen down on a table to attach the stand. I had no suitable table nearby, so I used instead the floor (carpeted) with a blanket for extra padding. It worked.

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Please test the Variable Refresh Rate feature if you can. I don't believe that Microsoft has exposed that in the Xbox One X yet, but if you have access to a PC with a recent-ish AMD card that *should* work. Lots of gamers out there are looking forward to these sets, which are the first VRR TVs on the market.

·
Registered
385 Posts
I need some help. I have it up and running but the motion is terrible and I am a Sony guy so I am not familiar with Samsung settings.
What do I want this set to for cable tv. No SOE please. Right now it is not smooth at all.
What other settings like local dimming.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
I need some help. I have it up and running but the motion is terrible and I am a Sony guy so I am not familiar with Samsung settings.
What do I want this set to for cable tv. No SOE please. Right now it is not smooth at all.
What other settings like local dimming.

Local dimming low for sdr, and high for hdr.

The panel for motion may need to break in. I'd suggest maybe running it with some SOE for a bit just to break it in. Otherwise, try bumping judder control to around 2 or 3 to help this should not induce much or any at all SOE.

·
Registered
216 Posts
HDTVTest's Vincent Teoh unboxed a Sony X900F today (14 hours ago) on youtube and he leaned the TV against a wall with one short side against the wall and the other short side on the floor.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Local dimming low for sdr, and high for hdr.

The panel for motion may need to break in. I'd suggest maybe running it with some SOE for a bit just to break it in. Otherwise, try bumping judder control to around 2 or 3 to help this should not induce much or any at all SOE.
What about film mode? Contrast enhancer?
I will say it has DSE. Abou the same as the Sony. Too bright in my place to check blooming. Off angle the picture is better, not much color loss.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
What about film mode? Contrast enhancer?
I will say it has DSE. Abou the same as the Sony. Too bright in my place to check blooming. Off angle the picture is better, not much color loss.

I believe film mode is only for lower sources.

Contrast enhancer is the former dynamic contrast. Usually keep off for sdr but alot of people use it for hdr, brightens the picture up and makes it a little more vibrant, I consider this preference.

Got any more pix to share? :)

·
Registered
89 Posts
Please test the Variable Refresh Rate feature if you can. I don't believe that Microsoft has exposed that in the Xbox One X yet, but if you have access to a PC with a recent-ish AMD card that *should* work. Lots of gamers out there are looking forward to these sets, which are the first VRR TVs on the market.
According to HDTV Magazin video (the German one), VRR will be added via update later in the year. Here’s their info they got from Samsung (translated from German):

We have received important information from Samsung regarding VRR and gaming. Since we can not customize every comment under the video, we ask that this info as current statement on VRR and gaming to see.
For the introduction of the models, Samsung does not offer a VRR, but initially rely on AMD FreeSync.
With a later firmware update then VRR is planned - date unknown so far.
Compatible models (first FreeSync, later VRR):
• Q9
• Q8
• Q7
• Q6 (except 49 ")
• NU8509
• NU80xx (except 49)

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Niceee! First thing zone count!
Im seeing 30 vertical, and 15 horizontal flashes. I went through it about 6 times. Not sure if that's how you count them. Im using this video ray0414 posted earlier.

Attachments

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Also those 5, 10, and 100% may look dark or yellow in the pics, but that is just the camera.

Im not seeing any banding in person. Screen looks really good.

·
Registered
17,118 Posts
450 zones? Wow!

That 5% uniformity looks solid too.
If that's true. Then the rumor was almost true that I've been saying all winter. 480 zones was the rumor. If that count becomes 16x30 then 480 becomes the number.

Major thanks For double checking the zone count!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
If that's true. Then the rumor was almost true that I've been saying all winter. 480 zones was the rumor. If that count becomes 16x30 then 480 becomes the number.

Major thanks For double checking the zone count!
Im triple checking now. I think it may be 16 horizontal zones. There seem to be a bit of a delay when running that test when it's at the corners, top and bottom, like maybe slightly larger horizontal zones for the black bars in some movie content.

21 - 40 of 11458 Posts