AVS Forum banner

11161 - 11180 of 11232 Posts

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
I was hoping after two months since European release and a month since it was on the Korean website they'd have a new version ...

·
Registered
373 Posts
Haven't installed it yet. The site gives this info:

- Version : 1294.1

- Improved usability
1. Improved browser performance
2. Improved app performance
3. Improved stability
4. Improved usability of input devices

1294.1 was available 2 months ago for European models. Quite late for US to release it now.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Saw 1294 also prompt and available to download in my TV.

Anyone tried it yet?

Haven't installed it yet. The site gives this info:

- Version : 1294.1

- Improved usability
1. Improved browser performance
2. Improved app performance
3. Improved stability
4. Improved usability of input devices

1294.1 was available 2 months ago for European models. Quite late for US to release it now.

·
Registered
552 Posts
I did try it, and everything seems OK, but I haven't retested calibration, or tested every app.
Vudu still freezes on new release uhd movies for me, and i find it more than annoying. The purpose of a smart TV is to also enjoy the apps that come with it.

What are people's thoughts on an apple tv 4k or a roku premier/ultra? Are they worth it?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Vudu still freezes on new release uhd movies for me, and i find it more than annoying. The purpose of a smart TV is to also enjoy the apps that come with it.

What are people's thoughts on an apple tv 4k or a roku premier/ultra? Are they worth it?

I really like my Roku Ultra though I mostly use it for Netflix, and the Virtual Aquarium is on much of the time with time and temperature - love it! No problems with it so far.

My TV is not connected to the net. I tend to not like smart devices. I prefer to do things my way :).

·
Registered
266 Posts

I've used both. IMO they are both better than built in apps. The Apple device is pricy, and it's touch activated remote wasn't for me. By market share, the leaders are Roku and Amazon Fire TV. The lack of Kodi/MrMC support on Roku was a deal breaker, so Fire TV or Nvidia Shield TV worked best for my needs.

·
Registered
89 Posts
How do I pass Dolby atmos from my Xbox to TV to reciever? Samsung TV option is grayed out

·
Registered
89 Posts
I thought ARC was able to do that when Dolby Digital + was enabled for on the Samsung TV? For some reason though it stays greyed out.

How do I pass Dolby atmos from my Xbox to TV to reciever? Samsung TV option is grayed out
Don't think you can, you need to connect the xbox to the receiver then, and then the receiver to the tv

·
Registered
771 Posts
I thought ARC was able to do that when Dolby Digital + was enabled for on the Samsung TV? For some reason though it stays greyed out.
The TV supports Atmos over ARC via a Dolby Digital+ meta layer, the Xbox does not. Xbox One only supports true uncompressed Atmos via eARC or a direct connection.

·
Registered
176 Posts
What about AppleTV 4K? I am extending from a Denon X8500 AVR to my Q9FN and my Q900.

Sound for the Q900 Zone is out from the AVR, Atmos works. As it does for my BluRay (also extended over baluns).

Sound for the Q9FN is going to be a Sonos ARC (Soundbar) setup. Have any idea as to how to get Atmos there? (It hart arrived yet). Baluns are fully capable of Atmos (AVPro AC-EX100-444 gen2).

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
771 Posts
What about AppleTV 4K? I am extending from a Denon X8500 AVR to my Q9FN and my Q900.

Sound for the Q900 Zone is out from the AVR, Atmos works. As it does for my BluRay (also extended over baluns).

Sound for the Q9FN is going to be a Sonos ARC (Soundbar) setup. Have any idea as to how to get Atmos there? (It hart arrived yet). Baluns are fully capable of Atmos (AVPro AC-EX100-444 gen2).

Thanks!

Not familiar with Sonos ARC at all, I would suggest finding a Sonos ARC thread or heading over to the official Sonos forums.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi everyone, hope you are well?

Has anyone heard or seen anything that might possibly suggest that Samsung may offer an upgraded One Connect box for HDMI 2.1 functionality? If not does anyone know if there is a petition on something like Change.org? Most likely a stupid question but does anyone know what would happen if you connected a 2.1 box from another model to the display?

On a side note, has anyone else ever had an issue with running things at 120hz in terms of it looking blurrier than 60hz? Mine looks blurrier at 120hz at both 1080p and 1440p than running at 60hz but i cant understand why if the panel is 120hz native.

·
Registered
266 Posts

Thanks!

I use a Q9FN with a Sonos Arc. The Arc will only connect to a TV's ARC / eARC port. My experience is that none of the Q9FN's built in apps output Atmos. Atmos does work with my Shield TV -> Q9FN -> ARC cable to Sonos Arc.

The Apple TV can be problematic, as an ARC connection can only output Atoms via DD+, not TrueHD.

·
Registered
266 Posts
In short, not it can't.
What is the current state of Dolby Atmos over ARC with the Q9FN?

Can the built in apps like Amazon Prime and Netflix output Atmos over ARC using DD+ ?

Is the situation different if the source is an external streaming device like the Fire TV or Nvidia Shield?

I apologize if this has been clearly answered before.

Thanks
I've been able to test this. I cannot get Atmos from the Samsung internal apps. I can get Atmos (over DD+) from Nvidia Shield -> HDMI Q9FN -> HDMI/ARC out -> Sonos Arc

·
Registered
771 Posts
I've been able to test this. I cannot get Atmos from the Samsung internal apps. I can get Atmos (over DD+) from Nvidia Shield -> HDMI Q9FN -> HDMI/ARC out -> Sonos Arc
The only apps that Samsung’s internal apps support Atmos are Vudu and Amazon; Amazon only has two shows in Atmos, Jack Ryan and Carnival Row.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a way to activate or change colour saturation in PC mode? Is it possible through the service menu?
hi , there isnt a way , , loll i figured out how to brighten/dim sdr/hdr , saturate/sharpen sdr/hdr highlights,remove grey from HDR game mode , its all there in the service menu ,my pc mode now looks like game mode (full of colour and bright) ,but cant actually unlock the colour setting, maybe use game mode instead, using game console as a input

11161 - 11180 of 11232 Posts