AVS Forum banner

11221 - 11240 of 11265 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello everyone!
I know some of you tend to sell their TVs quite often to upgrade to a newer model, and I've had quite enough of this (very) expensive TV's poor handling of blacks. It's to the point that when I watch something that is going to have dark scenes, I watch it on another screen (60" plasma from 6 years ago) instead.
Bottom line: how/where do you sell your TVs for those in the US? And what's a reasonable asking price for a 75" in perfect condition? (Bought in December 2018, so a little under 2 years old)
Thanks!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello everyone!
I know some of you tend to sell their TVs quite often to upgrade to a newer model, and I've had quite enough of this (very) expensive TV's poor handling of blacks. It's to the point that when I watch something that is going to have dark scenes, I watch it on another screen (60" plasma from 6 years ago) instead.
Bottom line: how/where do you sell your TVs for those in the US? And what's a reasonable asking price for a 75" in perfect condition? (Bought in December 2018, so a little under 2 years old)
Thanks!
What model is the display and where are you located? That info could get you some interest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
What model is the display and where are you located? That info could get you some interest.

Thanks for your reply.

I'm in Las Vegas, and it's a QN75Q9FNAF
The display is AA01 (my understanding was that it was the only one for 75"). I'm not in a rush to sell it, but I'd rather get a good price for it while I still can, and get something bigger.

Edit: manufactured in September 2018

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi guys,

What are your thoughts about the attached images?

I've been talking with Samsung and they don't care....

It happens in every viewing mode, but it seems that it's most noticeable in natural mode.

I've been having a hard time with this TV (55q9fn), automotion issues, artifacts, they changed the panel once but it didn't solve the issue and later refused to continue reviewing it.

Thanks!!
Hello there??

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I installed it but haven't seen any problems. I don't use apps so there might be changes there. I'll be doing a calibration this week, lets see how that goes.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I have a q8fn. I was playing God of War on a base ps4 and the hdr colors looked amazing after the update. I hope it's not a placebo it looked better than prior to the update. I know the attached image doesn't do it justice.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I installed it but haven't seen any problems. I don't use apps so there might be changes there. I'll be doing a calibration this week, lets see how that goes.
Let us know when u post your new settings

·
Registered
Samsung Q9FN75, Marantz NR1609, Polk RTI LCR and Surrounds
149 Posts
Hey guys, any suggestions for good wall mounts for the 75? I ordered the Samsung No Gap mount but this might be the dumbest design decision I have ever seen, why on earth only make it exactly 16 inches wide? I haven't measured yet but there is no way my studs are perfectly centered on my wall and there is no way in hell I am using dry wall anchors, and adding some plywood, etc defeats the entire purpose of the no gap

·
Registered
6 Posts
They look pretty bad.
Do you think that's somehow solvable?

I don't actually know what's causing it, I think it could be the panel glue of the replacement panel, but I'm not sure. It's most noticeable with gray or white colour, but you can see it in other colours if you pay attention. With warmer colours and moving images you have to look very closely to see it.

My concern is that Samsung is not taking care of it...

Thanks for the answer.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Hey guys, any suggestions for good wall mounts for the 75? I ordered the Samsung No Gap mount but this might be the dumbest design decision I have ever seen, why on earth only make it exactly 16 inches wide? I haven't measured yet but there is no way my studs are perfectly centered on my wall and there is no way in hell I am using dry wall anchors, and adding some plywood, etc defeats the entire purpose of the no gap
I think I got this one, or something very similar, I like it, easy to move, stays in place, good to deal with glare. SANUS VLF628

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey mate, hows it going with the new calibration? Hoping you will post it here or in the settings thread as you've done before. As usual im looking forward to try it out with this new update! Im still using your posted settings from back in november 2019, I havent seen any later additions (unless I missed it).

Apparently this latest update is supposed to be really good and its a perfect time to recalibrate according to this persons feedback

11221 - 11240 of 11265 Posts