AVS Forum banner

11461 - 11480 of 11484 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Mine is up at ~1800 nits unless I keep full-screen brightness for some time then it can go down to ~900 after some time.
Thanks for that. Yeah I took some advice and reset the TV... Brightness is back to around 1500/1600 nits so I must have done something to it somehow...

·
Registered
370 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
How close can I sit to the 75" model before the blacks start to degrade due to the narrow VA panel viewing angles?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to connect my bluetooth headphone (DENON) to listen to the audio from the TV. When I set my headphone to pairing and search to bluetooth speakers on the Samsung TV it won't find anything.

What may be the problem?

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I want to connect my bluetooth headphone (DENON) to listen to the audio from the TV. When I set my headphone to pairing and search to bluetooth speakers on the Samsung TV it won't find anything.

What may be the problem?
You have to search from the Tv settings after you put the headphones in pairing mode. on the tv, I think it’s the Sound output section

·
Registered
59 Posts
You have to search from the Tv settings after you put the headphones in pairing mode. on the tv, I think it’s the Sound output section
I did, but no luck.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hey there Q9FN BROOOOOOOOS!

So I got myself that new PS5. It is pretty cool, but I am starting to wonder...

Is now finally the time to upgrade? Or should it even matter, since most games don't run at 4k 120fps that matter. In a few days, Tony Hack is gonna get an update that allows 1080p 120fps that I am interested in testing.

I am not sure there is much point in going to a new TV just yet - that unfiltered VA panel is just no joke. 20,000:1 contrast ratio, beaaatttchhhh.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Hey there Q9FN BROOOOOOOOS!

So I got myself that new PS5. It is pretty cool, but I am starting to wonder...

Is now finally the time to upgrade? Or should it even matter, since most games don't run at 4k 120fps that matter. In a few days, Tony Hack is gonna get an update that allows 1080p 120fps that I am interested in testing.

I am not sure there is much point in going to a new TV just yet - that unfiltered VA panel is just no joke. 20,000:1 contrast ratio, beaaatttchhhh.
The generation just started and almost no new games. 4k 120 is coming. At least allot of games will have options for it. Personally gaming on my C9 oled blows away gaming on my Q9. The fact the the c9 is ready for this generation I can't wait to get a ps5

Sent from my KB2007 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
The generation just started and almost no new games. 4k 120 is coming. At least allot of games will have options for it. Personally gaming on my C9 oled blows away gaming on my Q9. The fact the the c9 is ready for this generation I can't wait to get a ps5

I am not entirely certain that 4k 120 is going to be coming in this generation - not with AAA titles, at least. We may see it with games like Doom, though...and that may be cool AF. Maybe they will hit it with Call of Duty and a few others....hmm..

Now that I think about it - there are definitely going to be some good looking competitive games that will run at 120fps. Just not the block busters epic ones.

Damnit. Oh well, I may upgrade in a year or two. But still won't get OLED. I just know I will get burn in. Always happens with me on any tech that is susceptible.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
I am not entirely certain that 4k 120 is going to be coming in this generation - not with AAA titles, at least. We may see it with games like Doom, though...and that may be cool AF. Maybe they will hit it with Call of Duty and a few others....hmm..

Now that I think about it - there are definitely going to be some good looking competitive games that will run at 120fps. Just not the block busters epic ones.

Damnit. Oh well, I may upgrade in a year or two. But still won't get OLED. I just know I will get burn in. Always happens with me on any tech that is susceptible.
4k 120 modes will def be on competitive multiplayer games. I would think 4k60 with all the graphical bells and whistles would be the target for single player campaign/ open world titles. Performance/ graphics mode

·
Registered
80 Posts
Q9FN bros. With these reviews coming out, I can't quite bring myself to want to upgrade. It is really looking like the Q9FN was the purchase to get in 2018.

We bout to get a full five years of service from this bad boy. This legend. Nothing that has come out since has quite done enough to top it, and if it does, it does so only via technicality.

Speaking of legends, there should be a tier list for TVs made by a manufacturer.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Q9FN bros. With these reviews coming out, I can't quite bring myself to want to upgrade. It is really looking like the Q9FN was the purchase to get in 2018.

We bout to get a full five years of service from this bad boy. This legend. Nothing that has come out since has quite done enough to top it, and if it does, it does so only via technicality.

Speaking of legends, there should be a tier list for TVs made by a manufacturer.
I would agree to one exception. It was the lcd purchase to get in 2018...oled is still king

·
Registered
80 Posts
I would agree to one exception. It was the lcd purchase to get in 2018...oled is still king

Oh no doubt OLED is king. But my use case has a room that keeps itself well lit, and I also do not quite trust myself when it comes to being responsible. I would max out that brightness, and then game irresponsibly, leaving it on for long moments while I do other stuff.

Just can't trust myself with an OLED for a main TV - but a 49" in the bedroom at a sub $1K cost would be something to consider.

For main TV, the Q9FN still reigns supreme in my case.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Oh no doubt OLED is king. But my use case has a room that keeps itself well lit, and I also do not quite trust myself when it comes to being responsible. I would max out that brightness, and then game irresponsibly, leaving it on for long moments while I do other stuff.

Just can't trust myself with an OLED for a main TV - but a 49" in the bedroom at a sub $1K cost would be something to consider.

For main TV, the Q9FN still reigns supreme in my case.
Agreed. Q9 is the main tv for the house. C9 is in the bonus/media room for mostly my use.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Anyone having issues with with youtube tv? All I get is buffering. Its unwatchable. It works on every other device in my house.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Ok I've been diving through the network settings. Seems that I have ipv6 enabled but when I test it, it fails. Having issues with wifi on this tv. Is there something on my router I need to set for ipv6 to pass?

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
Ok I've been diving through the network settings. Seems that I have ipv6 enabled but when I test it, it fails. Having issues with wifi on this tv. Is there something on my router I need to set for ipv6 to pass?

Probably. My Verizon FIOS router has them including enable/disable though I don't use it and have it disabled.

11461 - 11480 of 11484 Posts