AVS Forum banner

3241 - 3260 of 3729 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
I saw that this morning too. Like I said I had to restart the OS last night because I couldn't get the sound to work from the TV speakers. Hopefully they release an update or something soon?

·
Registered
281 Posts
Sony have now pulled all mentions of OLED models form the official Android 9 Pie announcement. All mention of OLEDs is gone and they've also pulled the firmware download from the Sony US A9F /A9G pages. Kinda worrying. Maybe they found a bug?

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/articles/00230463
CMBmovies--Thanks for posting this. I just spoke to sony chat support regarding it. Below is the conversation I had with a rep named Adam.

Adam
Thank you for contacting Sony Video Chat support. My name is Adam. I’ll be assisting you today.

Me
i was wondering why the new firmware update for my XBR65A9F is no longer listed on the site

Adam
The software update is currently on hold, our team is already working. Let me document the same in case comments. I'd request you to stay tuned to our downloads page so that you'd be notified once the update is back.

Me
the thing is i already downloaded it and installed it when it went up yesterday. Were bugs found?

Adam
I'm sorry, as per our information and our engineering team is already working on it. We do not have information if any bugs were found.

Me
ok but why would you put it up and then take it down? Something must be wrong with it. Im worried because im afraid it may be faulty and damage my tv

Adam
Damien, I certainly understand. I'd feel the same if I was at your place. Please be rest assured that the software update would again be back and running. However, if you face any issues you can always get back to us so that we can help you.

Me
im not facing any issues thankfully just wondering why its no longer available. And you are saying it will be back up and improved right?

Adam
Yes, it would be back up and improves the performance of the TV.

Me
Will it replace the firmware that i downloaded yesterday? in other words will i be able able to install it even though I installed the one that got pulled?

Adam
Yes, you'd still be able to install the newer software version once it is out.

Me
great! and lastly any idea how long until its available?

Adam
Damien, I really wish I told you the ETA when the software is available. However, any of our support forums would not have that information. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Me
thats ok and thanks for the info. I appreciate your help

·
Registered
281 Posts
I saw that this morning too. Like I said I had to restart the OS last night because I couldn't get the sound to work from the TV speakers. Hopefully they release an update or something soon?
I am also having this problem glad to know its just not me. Tuning the tv off and back on or even do a restart like you said seems to be the workaround for now. Sony rep I spoke to said there will be an update.

·
Registered
165 Posts
I am also having this problem glad to know its just not me. Sony rep I spoke to said there will be an update.

maybe they pulled it because they saw us complaining about not having the dolby vision logo haha. In any case, the only glitch I've experienced so far was just on trying to watch CATV. I'm not going to use that input and just stay on the Apple TV input till they release an update. Hopefully they will release an update...

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am on the latest update.

When playing You tube dolby vision test videos and pressing the action menu; id not see any dolby vision options under the picture mode.

Is there a way to setup dolby vision that i am missing?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I am on the latest update.

When playing You tube dolby vision test videos and pressing the action menu; id not see any dolby vision options under the picture mode.

Is there a way to setup dolby vision that i am missing?
I think in that case youtube only supports HDR10. (Interesting fact! YouTube only supports stereo also)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Yep, that is where I get my remotes......

i got it from this dealer on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/usr/electronicpicker2014?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

They had it for 29.99 shipped and are claiming it was brand new. That's almost a third of what they're selling for on amazon. I asked him repeatedly if in fact it was brand new (I'm a germaphobe and I know that remotes are the dirtiest things in anyone's house). He swore up and down its factory fresh so I took a shot and ordered it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
i got it from this dealer on ebay: https://www.ebay.com/usr/electronicpicker2014?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2754

They had it for 29.99 shipped and are claiming it was brand new. That's almost a third of what they're selling for on amazon. I asked him repeatedly if in fact it was brand new (I'm a germaphobe and I know that remotes are the dirtiest things in anyone's house). He swore up and down its factory fresh so I took a shot and ordered it.
im confused isnt the RMF-TX600U the remote that comes with the A9G?

·
Registered
11 Posts
That’s the one I downloaded.

The link was posted in the XG95 thread at Hi-Fi-Forum.de
Hi JayPee2610, do you happen to still have the european firmware file? It appears it is no longer available from that link. I would really appreciate it if you could host it somewhere. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
35,281 Posts
Can anyone confirm with the latest update on the A9F if DTS/DTS-HD Master Audio or Dolby Atmos/Dolby TrueHD passthrough is now working via e-ARC? Either through Kodi or internal Sony Video Player?
It always has passed lossless audio from a connected device such as a disc player on to the AVR. It was capable of this before this latest update.

I don't know about Kodi or the internal Sony Video Player but I would guess no.

·
Registered
165 Posts
im confused isnt the RMF-TX600U the remote that comes with the A9G?

It does. But it also works with our set. The button layout is much, much better, and it looks/feels much better to use. Because I only need my TV remote to operate not only my set, but also the Apple TV connected to it (the only thing connected to it), I use the stock remote a lot and its godawful. I'm constantly pushing the wrong button in the dark and it creaks every time I push a button. It also requires line of sight to send IR commands even though it has BT functionality.

This new remote will let you operate the set via BT, so you can point it anywhere and it'll work. Evidently, with the new firmware update, even the microphone button on it works to trigger google according to a forum member here (that was the only thing that previously didn't work.. I dont really even use google's assistant all that much, I use Siri if I have to so I can live without that if im getting all these other features and better daily usability). For those reasons I decided to get it. If I can sell my old remote, the 'upgrade' costs like 20 bucks or so out of pocket.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It does. But it also works with our set. The button layout is much, much better, and it looks/feels much better to use. Because I only need my TV remote to operate not only my set, but also the Apple TV connected to it (the only thing connected to it), I use the stock remote a lot and its godawful. I'm constantly pushing the wrong button in the dark and it creaks every time I push a button. It also requires line of sight to send IR commands even though it has BT functionality.
Im sorry I should of been more specific. The reason I got confused is because in the ebay link you posted in the photos there the remote looked identical to the A9F remote. I then looked up the remote on amazon and it looked like the one you are describing now. Im guessing between the time you posted the link and by the time I looked at it the seller had sold out of them. I see right now he has sold out of even the A9F looking remotes also. Anyway I agree with everything you are saying about the shortcomings of the A9F remote and plan on ordering the A9G one too in the near future. Thanks for all the info.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Im sorry I should of been more specific. The reason I got confused is because in the ebay link you posted in the photos there the remote looked identical to the A9F remote. I then looked up the remote on amazon and it looked like the one you are describing now. Im guessing between the time you posted the link and by the time I looked at it the seller had sold out of them. I see right now he has sold out of even the A9F looking remotes also. Anyway I agree with everything you are saying and plan on ordering one too in the near future. Thanks for all the info.

yeah sorry for the confusion. I meant that I bought from him and his price was a bit cheaper than what's on sale on amazon. I was thinking if anyone else wanted one then they could ask him if he was planning on getting more in stock

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I don't see what's the big deal about a A9G remote when it's not a universal programmable remote. I have a total of 8 devices and need to control all of them using one remote. A9G remote cannot do that because you cannot make it acquire commands or codes.

Reactions: OGauge4Me

·
Registered
165 Posts
I don't see what's the big deal about a A9G remote when it's not a universal programmable remote. I have a total of 8 devices and need to control all of them using one remote. A9G remote cannot do that because you cannot make it acquire commands or codes.

It absolutely isn’t a big deal if you have as many devices connected to your tv as you do. I don’t. I only have a receiver and an Apple TV 4K connected to my tv and they all talk to each other over hdmi cec, enough for daily viewing. In my use case, I can control the entire system just with the Sony remote so I wanted a better one. I was initially going to get a universal remote but after I hooked everything up and hdmi cec works as well as it does, I didn’t really have a reason to get one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3241 - 3260 of 3729 Posts