AVS Forum banner

3261 - 3280 of 3699 Posts

·
Registered
935 Posts
CMBmovies--Thanks for posting this. I just spoke to sony chat support regarding it. Below is the conversation I had with a rep named Adam.

Adam
Thank you for contacting Sony Video Chat support. My name is Adam. I’ll be assisting you today.

Me
i was wondering why the new firmware update for my XBR65A9F is no longer listed on the site

Adam
The software update is currently on hold, our team is already working. Let me document the same in case comments. I'd request you to stay tuned to our downloads page so that you'd be notified once the update is back.

Me
the thing is i already downloaded it and installed it when it went up yesterday. Were bugs found?

Adam
I'm sorry, as per our information and our engineering team is already working on it. We do not have information if any bugs were found.

Me
ok but why would you put it up and then take it down? Something must be wrong with it. Im worried because im afraid it may be faulty and damage my tv

Adam
Damien, I certainly understand. I'd feel the same if I was at your place. Please be rest assured that the software update would again be back and running. However, if you face any issues you can always get back to us so that we can help you.

Me
im not facing any issues thankfully just wondering why its no longer available. And you are saying it will be back up and improved right?

Adam
Yes, it would be back up and improves the performance of the TV.

Me
Will it replace the firmware that i downloaded yesterday? in other words will i be able able to install it even though I installed the one that got pulled?

Adam
Yes, you'd still be able to install the newer software version once it is out.

Me
great! and lastly any idea how long until its available?

Adam
Damien, I really wish I told you the ETA when the software is available. However, any of our support forums would not have that information. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

Me
thats ok and thanks for the info. I appreciate your help
Thank you Damien, for this post.

May I ask was this Sony Retailer or Sony Customer Services?

·
Registered
995 Posts
So i discover that this tv cant do DTS over ARC, is that true? I was playing through the USB port, two videos one with dts hd ma and one with standard dts 5.1, there was no sound with dts hd ma, with dts 5.1 it was broken audio all along. Tried investigating this issue, according to rtings this tv doesn't support DTS 5.1 over ARC. Can any owner confirm me about dts?

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
So i discover that this tv cant do DTS over ARC, is that true? I was playing through the USB port, two videos one with dts hd ma and one with standard dts 5.1, there was no sound with dts hd ma, with dts 5.1 it was broken audio all along. Tried investigating this issue, according to rtings this tv doesn't support DTS 5.1 over ARC. Can any owner confirm me about dts?
See if this helps...from here...post 49

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/39-networking-media-servers-content-streaming/3066138-privilege-4k-movies-app-streams-imax-enhanced-content-select-sony-tvs-2.html

I can get DTS Audio from the Privilege 4K app to my Receiver.

———————-

Figured this out thanks to ReDs on the A9G owners thread - settings below - I had them all right except I had system sounds on

Instead of DTS audio, the TV DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) or HDMI® ARC will output PCM audio when streaming IMAX® videos from the Privilege IMAX app.

On the supplied remote, press the HOME button, select Settings gear icon Settings, and then change the following settings on your TV:

Under TV category, select Sound.
Select Speakers > Audio system.
Select Digital audio out > Auto 1 or Auto 2.
Select System sounds > Set to off.

Under System Preferences category, select Accessibility.
Select TalkBack > Off.
Select Screen reader > Off.

·
All That Jazz
1,176 Posts
I don't see what's the big deal about a A9G remote when it's not a universal programmable remote. I have a total of 8 devices and need to control all of them using one remote. A9G remote cannot do that because you cannot make it acquire commands or codes.
Another issue with the A9G remote, is that it isn’t backlit. While I have a universal remote in my main home to contol all my gear there, I use the A9G remote in a dark room for occasional settings on my A9G while watching movies, so it is a bit cumbersome to try to use it in a dark room. That being said, while I have both a A9F and A8G at vacation homes with their “step down” remotes, the A9G remote is indeed nicer than the remotes that come with either of those models. Too bad that Sony didn’t supply the upgraded A9G remote with either the A9F or A8G.

Reactions: Damien Inferno

·
Registered
437 Posts
Ok, so do we really know the problem with latest firmware release? I downloaded it the other week with no problems. Didn't brick my set. Jury is still out on the new layout, but it at least looks nice. Also like the ability to edit the tiles. Everything appears to be working fine. Prefer using the Optimizer on my Panasonic UB 9000 and that appears to be working. Use an Amazon 4k firestick for streaming and shows in Dolby Vision come over in Dolby Dark or Bright. Just wish Sony was not so secretive on the problem, especially when you have invested $4K in one of their sets. Also use the A9G remote and buttons work as expected.

I don't use the A9F apps. Maybe why I have not seen any glaring problems. My Amazon firestick gives me pretty much everything I need and Amazon is also pretty good on updates.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Ok, so do we really know the problem with latest firmware release? I downloaded it the other week with no problems. Didn't brick my set. Jury is still out on the new layout, but it at least looks nice. Also like the ability to edit the tiles. Everything appears to be working fine. Prefer using the Optimizer on my Panasonic UB 9000 and that appears to be working. Use an Amazon 4k firestick for streaming and shows in Dolby Vision come over in Dolby Dark or Bright. Just wish Sony was not so secretive on the problem, especially when you have invested $4K in one of their sets. Also use the A9G remote and buttons work as expected.

I don't use the A9F apps. Maybe why I have not seen any glaring problems. My Amazon firestick gives me pretty much everything I need and Amazon is also pretty good on updates.
Since upgrading, I've had minor audio dropouts, the display intermittently goes to the black Bravia screen while my cable box is on, I've had one lockup that forced me to power cycle the TV, and one crash that rebooted the TV. No issues like this prior to the upgrade.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since upgrading, I've had minor audio dropouts, the display intermittently goes to the black Bravia screen while my cable box is on, I've had one lockup that forced me to power cycle the TV, and one crash that rebooted the TV. No issues like this prior to the upgrade.
Same symptoms here. Using Tivo Bolt vox for cable. This occurs after going into settings menu.

·
Registered
437 Posts
That is strange. I only use the A9F speakers with my Amazon Firestick. No issues on that front. Other inputs are through my processor and amp. Maybe switching inputs?

·
Registered
935 Posts
As A9F is no longer listed for Android Pie/9, if you have installed it and then the TV faults will Sony still repair based on Warranty?

·
Registered
52 Posts
As A9F is no longer listed for Android Pie/9, if you have installed it and then the TV faults will Sony still repair based on Warranty?
Yes, the A9F is no longer listed as supporting pie and neither is the A9G. But as mentioned earlier in the thread Sony support confirmed engineers are working on it and will release a new update when ready. They don’t have an ETA yet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Anyone else been having problems opening Netflix and Prime video since the recent update to pKG6.359.0512NAA ?? I turned off the TV a few times but didn't work. My TV just goes blank when I click on those 2 apps. Other apps like youtube and stuff work.

** disregard **

Someone sent me a private message and told me to unplug the TV for 15 seconds and plug it back in. That fixed the issue. Thank you!

·
Registered
165 Posts
does anyone have a step by step procedure of what you did to acquire full functionality of the RMF-TX600U remote control with the A9F? I get mine in the mail today, hopefully in the condition promised by the seller.

·
Registered
64 Posts
There’s not much you have to do. Go into settings and follow the instructions to connect/ pair a voice remote. This only works with the new firmware though (the one that is available for the A9G as well).

·
Registered
165 Posts
There’s not much you have to do. Go into settings and follow the instructions to connect/ pair a voice remote. This only works with the new firmware though (the one that is available for the A9G as well).

I installed the new firmware before they pulled it; I'll try it out thank you

3261 - 3280 of 3699 Posts