AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 13326 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
If any owners out there could test the pixel response time of the 65-inch version that would be great. I’m sure we will see plenty of reviews for the 55-inch version but with some Sony models the panel brand chances between sizes causing a major difference in blur (for example the 65 vs 75 inch Z9D).

·
Registered
2,130 Posts
Thinking about getting the 900F 85". Love to hear about observations on any 900F tho.

Reactions: audeophyle

·
Registered
857 Posts
If any owners out there could test the pixel response time of the 65-inch version that would be great. I’m sure we will see plenty of reviews for the 55-inch version but with some Sony models the panel brand chances between sizes causing a major difference in blur (for example the 65 vs 75 inch Z9D).
The review site I linked to for the 65X900E also has one for the 65X900F and their measurement was 12ms ...

·
Registered
240 Posts
The review site I linked to for the 65X900E also has one for the 65X900F and their measurement was 12ms ...
I just saw that before I read this! Seems like a good review site, although they do claim the 65Z9D has an 11ms response time which seems inconsistent with other reviews

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Has anyone found information on the number of LD zones in them yet?
I saw at video on youtube that guessed maybe they would have 20-45. I sure hope this is complete misinformation!! Going to have to wait until some folks get one. Would someone take out their wallet and order a 75" so I can get your impressions/details? ;).
Gerry

Reactions: Eternal Noob

·
Registered
668 Posts
My XBR-65X900F is being delivered next Wednesday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to comparing it to my current 65X900E. Here's hoping Sony's Dolby Vision update for this TV actually appears close to the time promised. It will also be nice to be rid of the less-than-convenient giant power brick that came with the 900E!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
My XBR-65X900F is being delivered next Wednesday afternoon. I'm really looking forward to comparing it to my current 65X900E. Here's hoping Sony's Dolby Vision update for this TV actually appears close to the time promised. It will also be nice to be rid of the less-than-convenient giant power brick that came with the 900E!
Congrats! Will be good to hear your impressions (but you should have gone bigger ;) ).
Gerry

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
Owners thread with no real owners yet, hmmmm

Can we say advertisement ;)

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Owners thread with no real owners yet, hmmmm

Can we say advertisement /forum/images/smilies/wink.gif
Ive had one for over a week now.
How does motion look in dark scenes? Rtings mentioned severe overshoot can cause ghosting in dark scenes, but otherwise motion is excellent

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
high praises from rtings !

the 40+ms 1080p input lag (Switch !) is pretty much my only issue
The rating itself is a very very high. After reading this review just now one might wonder why get anything else for the price, especially if you are looking at the 85". I just wonder how good that TV really is in bright room conditions. They said very good, but maybe to me that wouldn't be good enough. Need to see this TV in person.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The rating itself is a very very high. After reading this review just now one might wonder why get anything else for the price, especially if you are looking at the 85". I just wonder how good that TV really is in bright room conditions. They said very good, but maybe to me that wouldn't be good enough. Need to see this TV in person.
I’ll be getting the 85 for sure. I don’t think there will be any other 85 inch TVs that will come close to the 900F in the near future. I have a LG 86 and unfortunately the black levels and screen uniformity due to the edge lighting are atrocious, so even without a lot of zones, a true FALD 85 will be heads and shoulders above what’s offered in the market right now (sub 10K of course).

Hoping to work something out with the guys at Cleveland Plasma!

1 - 20 of 13326 Posts