AVS Forum banner

12441 - 12460 of 12572 Posts

·
Registered
823 Posts
Does anyone know how to get this 900F tv and the Xbox One X to do 1440p @120hz?

Reactions: DriftX

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone know how to get this 900F tv and the Xbox One X to do 1440p @120hz?
That resolution and refresh rate is not available on this model.
The following are available: HDMI™ signal: 4096 x 2160p (24, 60 Hz), 3840 x 2160p (24, 30, 60 Hz), 1080p (30, 60 Hz), 1080/24p, 1080i (60 Hz), 720p (30, 60 Hz), 720/24p, 480p, 480i

·
Registered
218 Posts
i must have pressed some option and cant figure out how to turn it off.
that annoying ladys voice that speaks every command.
help?
Thankfully, audio description is as easy to disable as it is to activate.
  1. Open Accessibility Settings. Enter the settings menu from the home screen. ...
  2. Find Audio Description. In the accessibility menu go to Audio Description, and toggle on or off. ...
  3. Turn off additional voice services.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any expectations on HDMI 2.1, Apple tv app? Sony completely ignored x900f! Is there any custom firmwares that can be installed? I saw people unlocking code to enable hdmi2.1

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Any expectations on HDMI 2.1, Apple tv app? Sony completely ignored x900f! Is there any custom firmwares that can be installed? I saw people unlocking code to enable hdmi2.1
AppleTV App isn't going to happen. The Android OS doesn't have the AppleTV App in the Google Play store. That is a Google versus Apple issue not Sony. I don't think the HDMI ports on the 2018 Sony are 2.1 capable hardware wise.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Question about 5.1 audio and Disney App - Sony 900F

I currently have a Sony 900F and older Yamaha HTR 6060 receiver (supports HDMI 1.2a, so no ARC ability).

When streaming the Disney+ app the TV only sends 2 channel PCM audio to the receiver.

The TV is connected to the receiver using an optical cable and am using the native TV app. I've tried setting the TV to force Dolby Digital (AC-3) over optical, but no luck, it still feeds the receiver 2 channel PCM for Disney+.

With Netflix and my cable box I can get the full 5.1 Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio bitstream so I know Dolby Digital is possible from the Sony 900F to the Yamaha receiver via optical cable.

Is it possible to get Dolby Digital (AC-3) bitstream (not DD+) using the Disney app over an optical connection? It's works with Netflix and my cable box. I don't plan to upgrade the receiver to simply get 5.1 with Disney+.

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
AppleTV App isn't going to happen. The Android OS doesn't have the AppleTV App in the Google Play store. That is a Google versus Apple issue not Sony. I don't think the HDMI ports on the 2018 Sony are 2.1 capable hardware wise.
The Apple TV app is available on select Sony TV models. https://www.apple.com/apple-tv-app/devices/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
995 Posts

I currently have a Sony 900F and older Yamaha HTR 6060 receiver (supports HDMI 1.2a, so no ARC ability).

When streaming the Disney+ app the TV only sends 2 channel PCM audio to the receiver.

The TV is connected to the receiver using an optical cable and am using the native TV app. I've tried setting the TV to force Dolby Digital (AC-3) over optical, but no luck, it still feeds the receiver 2 channel PCM for Disney+.

With Netflix and my cable box I can get the full 5.1 Dolby Digital (AC-3) audio bitstream so I know Dolby Digital is possible from the Sony 900F to the Yamaha receiver via optical cable.

Is it possible to get Dolby Digital (AC-3) bitstream (not DD+) using the Disney app over an optical connection? It's works with Netflix and my cable box. I don't plan to upgrade the receiver to simply get 5.1 with Disney+.

Thanks
disney plus app is hit and miss on tv platforms, try to update the App it might fix the issue, I have hard time with amazon prime audio on Amazon Fire Stick, Nvidia Pro and SONY Tv apps, I get two channel sound on content, when I play same content via Apple TV I get 5.1 sound. Amazon HDR and sound is all over the place.

Reactions: adams12

·
Registered
155 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
Sony has released firmware v6.7115 with Android 9 for the X905F (the Latin America version of the X900F) and lots of other MT5891 SoC models.

(thanks to xvrdmng on reddit for the screen grab)

Obviously it is not recommended to install the firmware from another region on your TV.
what is advantage and what is disadvantage of downloading this version, version 9 is much faster, so it possible it will come to US also

·
Registered
401 Posts
I never got 5.1 DD to work using optical out with the Disney app. It would always start as 5.1 but 1-2 seconds later revert to PCM. Bought a new receiver to get HDMI ARC to the TV and all is well now.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I never got 5.1 DD to work using optical out with the Disney app. It would always start as 5.1 but 1-2 seconds later revert to PCM. Bought a new receiver to get HDMI ARC to the TV and all is well now.
Exact same for me - dolby digital works for about 2 seconds, then bumped down to 2 channel PCM. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
Is it possible to obtain this local dimming improvement on the xf90 too?
Maybe with firmware 6.7115..but someone could made a video comparison with previous firmware.

·
Registered
995 Posts
these can not be compared to other sets as there dimming zone are quite different.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
Sony XBR-65X900F, Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver, Sony UBP-X700 4K Blu-ray player, Xfinity XG1v4-4K STB
132 Posts
Apologies if this has been covered- I read the last many pages and didn't see anything...

I was away from my tv for 6wks and came back to the most recent update (with the recommendations at the top of the home screen). While that's annoying, my bigger problem is that the tv stopped switching the AVR between "tv" (which is a cable box) and the internal apps. That means that I now have to switch sound input manually on the AVR or, for example, when I've been watching cable and switch to Netflix, I get cable sound.

Is this a "feature" of the update? A new settings problem? Something else? It's not a HUGE problem, but its just one more thing that my wife will have to remember when she's trying to watch stuff. I like to limit those.

Thanks for any help.
I’m assuming this is happening (or not happening) when you press the HOME button on the Sony remote to switch to the apps?

12441 - 12460 of 12572 Posts