AVS Forum banner

12521 - 12540 of 12573 Posts

·
Registered
3,547 Posts
Guys, is there no known solution for the dim Dolby Vision picture with the Netflix app? I bought this TV to replace my B8 in a living room setup, believing that the LCD would be brighter than the OLED, as everyone says on the reviews. It's actually much dimmer and washed out than the B8 in the same conditions with Dolby Vision.
Sadly, I can't disable Dolby Vision in the Netflix app if I'm under the UHD four-screens plan. Are there any workarounds? SDR picture is great, but most current shows are Dolby Vision.
Thanks
Your other option is to buy a Roku video streamer for HDR10. Only the newly announced 2020 Ultra has a Dolby Vision license. All their other HDR capable streamers just do HDR10.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I for one saw a significant improvement with the latest firmware a couple days ago as mentioned a few posts up. Other will be quick to say that there is “no known issue with DV on this set”. Update your firmware if you haven’t and check the settings recommendations using the search function.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hi,
Thanks for you reply.
It's already updated.
I'm guessing that Sony's DV preset is a "purist" mode made for pitch black rooms. What makes me think that is that my B8 has two DV modes: Cinema (dimmer, more accurate) and Cinema Home (much brighter, probably lower gamma) while the Sony has just one. Maybe lifting the Gamma up two notches (or three) makes it look like LG's Cinema Home?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Hi,
Thanks for you reply.
It's already updated.
I'm guessing that Sony's DV preset is a "purist" mode made for pitch black rooms. What makes me think that is that my B8 has two DV modes: Cinema (dimmer, more accurate) and Cinema Home (much brighter, probably lower gamma) while the Sony has just one. Maybe lifting the Gamma up two notches (or three) makes it look like LG's Cinema Home?
Im in a huge open room with a lot of windows and have no issue with DV being dim now with the update. Yes gamma would increase it and you can make some other adjustments that were covered a few pages back. The OLED we had got washed out due to glare so it wasn’t a fair judgment as I don’t have that issue with this Sony. YMMV

·
Registered
56 Posts
Im in a huge open room with a lot of windows and have no issue with DV being dim now with the update. Yes gamma would increase it and you can make some other adjustments that were covered a few pages back. The OLED we had got washed out due to glare so it wasn’t a fair judgment as I don’t have that issue with this Sony. YMMV

Thanks. There is a chance that my set hasn't received the latest updated because of my region (Brazil). I'll check it out.

·
Registered
535 Posts
Thanks. There is a chance that my set hasn't received the latest updated because of my region (Brazil). I'll check it out.
Press help on remote and it will list the model and firmware in top right newest is 6.6575 with the newest that is releasing Android 9 6.7115 which I’m not sure if it is available in your region. It was mentioned above and there were links with the break down mentioned

·
Registered
56 Posts
Press help on remote and it will list the model and firmware in top right newest is 6.6575 with the newest that is releasing Android 9 6.7115 which I’m not sure if it is available in your region. It was mentioned above and there were links with the break down mentioned

It's on 6.6555. The 6.6575 was released on Sony's Brazil website on 10/06/2019. I'm downloading it and will report when I test things out :)
Thank you

·
Registered
108 Posts
So last night while watching Netflix, my tv decided to power off. I disconnected the Denon, so that is not the issue. Since last night, the tv has been turning off and rebooting. The remote is now almost unresponsive. I can click on things after trying several times. I was able to do a reset but now as it is resetting, I can only get to the part where it says select your region before it turns off and reboots. What happened? What do I do?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Update, I did the whole reset with the volume down and power button. That seemed to solve the issue. Remote was working and so was tv. That lasted for about five minutes. I am not back to the home screen. Remote is not as responsive. Have to click on things twice or three times to get a response. If I am able to get on netflix, it will play something and then the tv will reboot again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Update, I did the whole reset with the volume down and power button. That seemed to solve the issue. Remote was working and so was tv. That lasted for about five minutes. I am not back to the home screen. Remote is not as responsive. Have to click on things twice or three times to get a response. If I am able to get on netflix, it will play something and then the tv will reboot again.
I did have this problem when I got this TV in december 2019. Did a factory reset, setup the tv and immediately after your in Android TV I did this : Go to Illumination Led in settings switch to Simple Response. Apparently the software has a bug and this step resolved all my issues for the past 10 months. Never had a reboot.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
My X900f updated last night and its odd how different it was this time from the first time it updated. The first time I got a message when I turned the TV on and hit a button to update, this time the message flashed but went away. Once I turned it off it came back on and updated, I can tell no difference but it was late and I just turned it off for the night.

Edit: I hope it fixes the way it turns on, sometimes I get the app screen briefly and sometimes it goes straight to TV, no rhythm or reason. There should be a way to set it.

·
Vendor
27,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12,531
So last night while watching Netflix, my tv decided to power off. I disconnected the Denon, so that is not the issue. Since last night, the tv has been turning off and rebooting. The remote is now almost unresponsive. I can click on things after trying several times. I was able to do a reset but now as it is resetting, I can only get to the part where it says select your region before it turns off and reboots. What happened? What do I do?
Not sure what happened, sounds like you need service. Your TV still within warranty? Did you use a credit card that extends the warranty?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Any chance our 900F TVs will be one of the "select" ones?

Seems doubtful from my reading but I just cannot understand why they can't get an app on the tv like other apps. There are plenty of apps that are released and show up in the Google store in no time at all. It doesn't make sense. Just put the app in the Google Play store and let people chose to download it if they chose.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Is there a way to turn off the USB ports when the tv powers down?

Possibly a setting within the Developers menu? I see a section for SELECT USB CONFIGURATION>CHARGING

Does anyone know what this will do?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Why would you need to shut down a USB port? There are options for powering on and of usb devices. Why mess with the tv.?

To turn on/off biased lighting when the tv powers down/on.

Reactions: TheChadster21

·
Registered
259 Posts
I bought a 4 pack of smart plugs. Have all my table lamps, biased lighting and avr fans running off them. Paired with Alexa and bingo "Alexa turn on theatre lights. Also have my pot lights setup as well through smart switch which allows me to dim as needed.
And all the lights are configured into 2 commands. Tv view intensity and entertaining intensity. Two commands but different lighting on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Any chance our 900F TVs will be one of the "select" ones?

There is a comment on the Flat Panels HD article saying that it will only be for SoC 5893 and 5895.
From what I saw ours is SoC 5891. The article says most of 2019 and 2020 and select models from 2018.
From the 950G 2019 models (which replaces ours) all the models I saw were SoC 5893. Some sites had a list with the models and 2018 only the A9F and Z9F.
I don't know if the information in the comment is correct but if it is I don't think we will receive the Apple TV on our X905F.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Anyone else know why Disney plus in HDR is dark on this TV's native app? Any suggestions.

Was watching Aladdin and the colors seemed very muted and dark

12521 - 12540 of 12573 Posts