AVS Forum banner

12941 - 12960 of 12979 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
My 900F and Aventage 3050 are setup like Planet AVS as well. If I turn the TV on it does not turn on the receiver.... but if I turn off the TV with everything on it turns off the receiver. I haven’t gave it two seconds of thought as I control my setup with my Xfinity X1 remote which send s an off or on command to both pieces of equipment without issue. IMO this just goes to show how inconsistent HDMI control is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: soryn11

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have an X900f and I just got a Vizio SB36512-F6 soundbar. Everything seems to be working fine, but one issue. I have a 2019 Nvidia Shield that is plugged into the HDMI input on the soundbar and then runs to the tv from the HDMI ARC port on the soundbar to the ARC port on the tv. The issue I'm having is if I'm watching a blu-ray rip on Plex with DTS HD MA 5.1 I get the message unsupported audio signal please check device output. I am not sure why I am getting this from the tv when the soundbar supports the audio format and it is going directly into the soundbar. It's almost like the ARC from the tv is interfering and sending the signal because the tv doesn't support DTS HD MA. Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Sony XBR-65X900F, Yamaha RX-V385 AV Receiver, Sony UBP-X700 4K Blu-ray player, Xfinity XG1v4-4K STB
141 Posts
Running 6.7140 since it came out and I have not run into any problems. So it's YMMV.
From what I have read on this thread, the 6.7140 update has caused issues for a number of owners. A lucky few haven’t had any problems but I’m not willing to roll those dice. This isn’t the first time an update has caused problems which is why I keep the auto update set to OFF and always check in here before updating. I’m certainly going to wait until a newer version is released and I’ll still check back here before loading that as well.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Try re-running the update from your USB stick. I had a similar thing happen a couple years ago on the 900e. It was like even though I ran the update the TV didn't know it. Make sure you do a full reboot immediately after running the update.

Full reboot=hold down power key until reboot occurs of power removal.

Reactions: naustin

·
Registered
589 Posts
I have an X900f and I just got a Vizio SB36512-F6 soundbar. Everything seems to be working fine, but one issue. I have a 2019 Nvidia Shield that is plugged into the HDMI input on the soundbar and then runs to the tv from the HDMI ARC port on the soundbar to the ARC port on the tv. The issue I'm having is if I'm watching a blu-ray rip on Plex with DTS HD MA 5.1 I get the message unsupported audio signal please check device output. I am not sure why I am getting this from the tv when the soundbar supports the audio format and it is going directly into the soundbar. It's almost like the ARC from the tv is interfering and sending the signal because the tv doesn't support DTS HD MA. Is there a way to fix this?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
Is the message actually from the TV or is it the Shield? Do you have a Shield Tube or a Shield Pro? I have the Pro and it plays anything from Plex. I'm not sure the Tube model will play the uncompressed audios.

·
Registered
853 Posts
The 900F gets mediocre stutter performance according to Rtngs. Too bad, as Sony is generally as good as it gets for motion overall.
Their stutter rating is directly related to the pixel responsetime. Faster response time = worse stutter rating .

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,960 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
just checking in to note that I had my set turned off for several months due to some remodeling-turned it back on recently and clicked on the firmware update, (without coming here first!)
haven't noticed anything unordinary, fingers crossed.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I got Disney+ last month and noticed all audio was in 5.1. After researching I come to the conclusion that they were down grading the audio to save the internet bandwidth due to COVID. Today I played it via Roku and had atmos sound. Went back to tv app and still 5.1 only.

Tv is up to date. Apps are up to date. What the heck?

On the good note I will now use the Roku for all streaming apps instead of the tv which allows me to use optical for arc and my AVR will no longer turn on randomly.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I got Disney+ last month and noticed all audio was in 5.1. After researching I come to the conclusion that they were down grading the audio to save the internet bandwidth due to COVID. Today I played it via Roku and had atmos sound. Went back to tv app and still 5.1 only.

Tv is up to date. Apps are up to date. What the heck?

On the good note I will now use the Roku for all streaming apps instead of the tv which allows me to use optical for arc and my AVR will no longer turn on randomly.
Originally, Disney+ Atmos was supposed to work on the 2018 Sony TVs. That actually played into my decision to buy the 900f. To my knowledge, though, Atmos from Disney+ has never worked on the TV's native App.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So I finally got my TV back from repair. After the initial mainboard replacement, the backlight would not turn on. The repair tech left me mid way through the software install and then had to come back out. He said that it must be software related, but, I waited a full day for the software to "finish" installing. If I shined a flashlight up to the screen with the turned off backlight, I could see the Welcome sign.

So they sent another mainboard replacement. The second mainboard replacement had the same issue - where the backlight would not turn on, but the software had finished installing. They tried also using update_loader.pkg instead of the original firmware download name. Each time, they had me installing the 6.7140 firmware update, when this occurred. The technician finally took the TV on the second repair. They returned it today and told me that Sony sent them a different software version to install which was able to get the backlight to turn on after replacing the mainboard.

When checking out the software and about me page, I noticed the following:
  • Device Name is stated as XBR-65X900F, indicating that this was recognized as a 65" tv, even though I have a 55" (XBR-55X900F). Will this be a potential problem or a concern in the future when it comes to firmware updates (I understand it is just a name, but I would have expected it to be picked up correctly as XBR-55X900F)?
  • The Kernel Version is: 4.9.125 #1 Mon Oct 12 21:22:22 JST 2020, is this accurate for a 55X900F?
  • Build Version: BRAVIA_ATV3_4K_UC-user 9 PTT1.190515.001.S38 671401 release-keys, is this also accurate for a 55X900F?
  • The Serial Number is not getting recognized by the Android Firmware, is this expected? Shouldn't the firmware be burned in/entered after flashing the board?

Really appreciate the suggestions from everyone here so far, going to hold off on any updates and just connect other devices to it for now until more stable firmwares are released. I do hope everyone gets their issues resolved, this updated firmware obviously has some flaws.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion. Did the reboot loop happen as soon as the firmware was updated, or did it happen sometime later?

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
It happened sometime later with mine (within a few days, 14 max). I would call them back and reference case number: WO-00573939 as an example as to what happened and what resolved it.

What your are describing seems similar to mine. Are you seeing this?

·
Registered
83 Posts
It happened sometime later with mine. I would call them back and reference case number: WO-00573939 as an example as to what happened and what resolved it.

What your are describing seems similar to mine. Are you seeing this?
My screen is completely blank and the center LED doesn't come on. I'm hoping a new power supply board solves it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

12941 - 12960 of 12979 Posts