AVS Forum banner

1421 - 1440 of 12398 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
I've noticed that too and it vanishes if you move your viewing position to be in front of a corner. i.e. it's a viewing angle issue. It also vanishes on all 4 corners if you back up far enough...again decreases viewing angle to the corners.
This is a normal thing. I mentioned earlier in thread that perhaps the LEDs are purposely placed away from the corners to prevent light bleed and that sort of thing. Just a theory of mine though never bothered looking it up or asking any manufacturer. It’s hardly noticeable unless you’re looking for it or you have an all white screen.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Unboxed last Friday, but this video shows what you're looking to see. Check from 58 seconds until a minute-thirty.
Thanks, that helps! Still looking for a little more detail of the leg ends and the mounting pocket without a leg in it. If anyone can post a clear still of each I’d appreciate it.

However the video raises another question — Are the two screws or posts that are pre-installed in the pocket, permanent, or can they be removed and reinstalled? They can be seen in this photo, within the two silver bands.

Attachments

·
Registered
617 Posts
it works perfectly with apple tv - tv turns on when i turn on apple tv and tv turns off when I put apple tv to sleep - you don't have to touch the tv remote at all when using apple tv (it controls volume too)
Thank you! That is good to know!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks, that helps! Still looking for a little more detail of the leg ends and the mounting pocket without a leg in it. If anyone can post a clear still of each I’d appreciate it.

However the video raises another question — Are the two screws or posts that are pre-installed in the pocket, permanent, or can they be removed and reinstalled? They can be seen in this photo, within the two silver bands.
They're just screws, you can remove them.

I just received my 65" delivery and am in the process of setting it all up now :D

Though it's badged as the KD-65X9000F here in Australia.

I've come from a 2013 Samsung...very different picture settings. GOing to have a dig through this thread to see if anyone has posted any baseline settings for me to start from. But even out of the box it looks really good.

I'm using it connected to a HTPC. Got it connected at running with that ok at full res.

·
Registered
739 Posts
They're just screws, you can remove them.

I just received my 65" delivery and am in the process of setting it all up now :D

Though it's badged as the KD-65X9000F here in Australia.

I've come from a 2013 Samsung...very different picture settings. GOing to have a dig through this thread to see if anyone has posted any baseline settings for me to start from. But even out of the box it looks really good.

I'm using it connected to a HTPC. Got it connected at running with that ok at full res.
You don’t have to remove em to install the clown feet. I’ve taken down and set up 3 of the 75” sets and didn’t have to take em out.

Y’all should join the owners thread. This weekend I’ll be posting what I use for daytime and nighttime viewing for directv, movies and games for SDR and HDR. I only did a rough calibration nothing fancy. I found contrast best at 90 and black level best at 50 with color at 55 using expert1.

·
Registered
15 Posts
You don’t have to remove em to install the clown feet. I’ve taken down and set up 3 of the 75” sets and didn’t have to take em out.
Yep, I edited my post before you quoted me. I removed the top one to make it easier, as I did it all myself. But yes, you don't have to.

·
Registered
550 Posts
They're just screws, you can remove them. ...
Great news, thank you scotsman 👍 Enjoy the new set!

You don’t have to remove em to install the clown feet. ...
YOU don’t have to remove them, but I have other plans so needed to know if it was possible, glad to know that it is.

Didn’t realize there was an owners thread though, thanks for that, this is still probably a good place for these pre-sale type questions.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Isn't THIS this owner's thread?
Just responding to the quote above, I was about to look, maybe you should ask him?

“Y’all should join the owners thread ...”

·
Registered
739 Posts
Just responding to the quote above, I was about to look, maybe you should ask him?

“Y’all should join the owners thread ...”
Lol sorry for the confusion. This is the owners thread. For some reason thought I was looking at the first look thread. Guess I needed more coffee.

·
Registered
258 Posts
This is a normal thing. I mentioned earlier in thread that perhaps the LEDs are purposely placed away from the corners to prevent light bleed and that sort of thing. Just a theory of mine though never bothered looking it up or asking any manufacturer. It’s hardly noticeable unless you’re looking for it or you have an all white screen.
The LEDS are placed evenly in their grid. The dark corner effect is simple a result of the increased viewing angle. The corners are at a larger angle to your vision than the rest of the screen and if you're close enough, like 9 feet away.

If you pan your head, keeping the same distance to the screen, to towards one of the corners, you'll notice dark corner disappears and lightens up.

·
Vendor
26,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,433
Interesting, my understanding is that a perfectly uniform LCD TV is pretty much a unicorn, and even most OLEDs aren't perfect just much better at it.
You hit the nail on the head, but unicorn's do exist right ;) With this said there are many not testing there set and just enjoying them.... Nothing wrong with that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Wow! I didn’t know this was a thing or a feature! I just sat this up as well with the denon 4400 and it is working perfect! So much better since I use my Apple TV for everything.

Is there a way to use the Apple TV remote to switch the receiver input to “game” for playing PS4 or will I still have to use the receiver remote to set it to game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When i turn on my ps4, tv input switches automatically to that input. Also tv will switch back to ps4 input automatically if you press the middle ps button and then back to apple tv by pressing any button on apple tv remote.. I never have to manually swith tv input on remote.

·
Registered
251 Posts
i just got my 75. can someone please help me with optimum settings for this TV?
I believe a few pages back someone posted settings. There are many different personal setups throughout the thread.

RTings also has their settings available on their site.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Im about to jump on the 55" 900F, was wanting to ask how this model has been for people? Im a big gamer, gonna use it with my Xbox X and was wondering if this is a good choice? Is the clouding bad with local dimming off?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Im about to jump on the 55" 900F, was wanting to ask how this model has been for people? Im a big gamer, gonna use it with my Xbox X and was wondering if this is a good choice? Is the clouding bad with local dimming off?
Why would you want to set local dimming to off? It's like buying a convertible without ever driving it with the rooftop down. Having said that, it works fine with the Xbox One X.

·
Registered
736 Posts
Got mine today. Gray screen look pretty uniform and black screen very dark. I'm using the Rtings settings under custom with brightness bumped up to 28 and it seem pretty solid so far. I had that Yamaha 1070 sound bar and it just would not cut it so I got 2 old Kanto powered speakers hooked up now with a 10" sub and it sounds pretty good for now. Still got the 50" Panny plasma on the wall(since 2006) and it still looks great. I like watching 2 games at times but the wife wants it removed..lol

So far, I love it. It did the update as soon as I connected it and I haven't had a chance to try the Dolby Vision yet, was watching Bosch on Prime and it was studdering bad on wifi, once I hooked up ethernet it's smooth as butter. I came from a 75" Sammy JU7100 which I sold last week and been using my 900E 55" from the bedroom. After I got that 900E from Best Buy(open box deal) I knew I wanted this set in the main room in a big version. Only regret is not getting the 85".

Edit: When comparing it to the plasma, still don't think the 900F can match the colors, but it is the closest I've seen so far. Maybe with some more adjustments to the settings and I can get better color. See comparison...it just blows my mind that an eleven year old panel can still hang with a top Mid-Sony. Of course this is DirecTV 1080 content and I'm sure it would be much better on HDR or Dolby.

Attachments

1421 - 1440 of 12398 Posts