AVS Forum banner

261 - 280 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
What's the 'PQ-series' listed on the Visio site? Is that their new high end?
Good catch! I would guess the new P series will have quantum dots hence the Q. (And for the record I also see it in the filter list just no TVs up yet)

·
Registered
1,143 Posts

Attachments

Reactions: leojj25

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
How does Vizio’s motion processing compare to Samsung or LG? I presume it’s inferior to Sony?

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
How does Vizio’s motion processing compare to Samsung or LG? I presume it’s inferior to Sony?
Very good and they give you the ability to really fine control it.

Interested to see what this PQ series can deliver! Wonder if it stands for Picture Quality or q-dots

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Really hoping for 85" P and PQ sets. I have a 106" front projection system in a very non-light controlled room. I'd be willing to go down to 85" to get solid HDR but I really don't want to go down to 75".

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
333 Posts
I don't think Vizio would move forward with QD technology unless it was cost productive to them to do so.
I think you are dead on with that. Quantum Dot could be the justification they use to consumers to warrant a $200-$300 price difference between the 2018 vizio P65 and say a TCL 65" 6series or maybe entice some would be 900f/Samsung Qseries customers.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I think you are dead on with that. Quantum Dot could be the justification they use to consumers to warrant a $200-$300 price difference between the 2018 vizio P65 and say a TCL 65" 6series or maybe entice some would be 900f/Samsung Qseries customers.
The 2017 Vizio 65" P was normally priced at $500-600 more than the expected price for the TCL 6 series 65". If Vizio is able to add quantum dots without a price increase over the 16/17 model, I'll be glad to admit I am wrong. I would expect a price jump from $1,699 to $1,999 for adding quantum dots.

If it offers full P3 coverage, 1,000+ nit peak brightness, and full color volume at high brightness from QDs at a price point a little below the 900F, then it will certainly have a solid place in the market. If tracking more against higher end TVs, it will have to follow the overall price tends downward towards Black Friday too. Vizios are usually stable in price throughout the year.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
That would be incredibly nice if it was a OLED, I love my 2016 P series set, but it's time to send it to the bedroom and let another claim the home theater space

·
Registered
333 Posts
The 2017 Vizio 65" P was normally priced at $500-600 more than the expected price for the TCL 6 series 65". If Vizio is able to add quantum dots without a price increase over the 16/17 model, I'll be glad to admit I am wrong. I would expect a price jump from $1,699 to $1,999 for adding quantum dots.

If it offers full P3 coverage, 1,000+ nit peak brightness, and full color volume at high brightness from QDs at a price point a little below the 900F, then it will certainly have a solid place in the market. If tracking more against higher end TVs, it will have to follow the overall price tends downward towards Black Friday too. Vizios are usually stable in price throughout the year.
Fair enough. You are right the likelihood is that the P65 will be more than a $300 dollar difference compare to a 65" 6series. I will say though (here in Canada) the prices on the Vizio's seem to fluctuate quite a bit, all be it in predictable fashion. While models like the E and M series translated pretty close in price to the US after applying the foreign exchange rates, the Vizio P has been anything but stable in price. At Costco.ca the 2017 65" vizio P started off the first 6 months of the year at $3k cdn (about $800 premium ontop of the exchange rate)...then dropped every couple weeks to $2300 and then since december has been regularly available for $1699CDN (or less). This might all be due to the fact that model (2017 P) is in a phase out year with the 2018 P being a redesign (cosmetic and function).

I'm thinking that you are correct about their initial price offering being increased from last year. I mean we've already seen it with the Mseries and other than cosmetics it's the same tv as the 2017.It might be Vizio's thinking that the TCL 6series is the M's competition and the Pseries is meant as an alternative to the 900f/Q8/Q7. Given that, I think in CANADA at least, I would not be shocked to see the NEW P-Q series priced similarly to the 65" 900f ($3k) initially and then around Black friday it will be available for $1899 to $2299 (CDN). IF it's priced more than the equivalent 900f then I think Vizio will have made a grave miscalculation.

261 - 280 of 507 Posts