AVS Forum banner

321 - 340 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts

·
Registered
664 Posts
For that price I will make the jump to an OLED when the mid summer price drop hits

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Honestly that's a deal for a starting price if the PQ delivers the brightness, contrast and pq quality far above the current P series.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts
With the trade war going now with China it is possible the TCL will be delayed and/or higher than anticipated priced. It is also very new and I do believe there is/was a panel lottery issue with the 2017 P series.

The Sony 900F has only 60 zones and it is not that much better if any than the 2017 900E for much less money. Also, you will not like the clouding/blooming it has.

The 2018 P, if it is as good as the 2017 but with 1000 nits highlights, is the one I will choose and with its "only" 100 zones, I am sure they found a better way to control these without blooming and better highlights.

The PQ series will be available this summer and I am sure the price will be out of reach for most of us as the 2015 reference series was.

You can buy now the Samsung Q8 with its 1500 nits and 200+ dimming zones for 3K.
The press release for the Vizio P Quantum only talks about a 65 inch model that is priced at $2199. The other specs look good as shown in the quote below from the press release:

Boasting VIZIO's most captivating combination of premium picture quality technologies, the P-Series Quantum is the ideal home theater solution for discerning videophiles. Dolby Vision HDR is enhanced with Active Full Array Max backlighting that boasts 192 zones of local dimming for superb contrast and deep black levels, while up to 2,000 nits of peak brightness delivers unmatched highlights. Quantum Color Spectrum™further elevates the viewing experience by producing a more complete palate of over one billion colors. The P-Series Quantum also features VIZIO's 2018 SmartCast OS for unparalleled streaming and smart home functionalities. The 2018 P-Series Quantum 65" Class 4K HDR Smart TV (PQ65-F1) is now available on VIZIO.com with an MSRP of $2,199.99 and is coming soon to retailers such as Amazon, Costco and Sam's Club.

·
Registered
314 Posts
The press release for the Vizio P Quantum only talks about a 65 inch model that is priced at $2199. The other specs look good as shown in the quote below from the press release:

Boasting VIZIO's most captivating combination of premium picture quality technologies, the P-Series Quantum is the ideal home theater solution for discerning videophiles. Dolby Vision HDR is enhanced with Active Full Array Max backlighting that boasts 192 zones of local dimming for superb contrast and deep black levels, while up to 2,000 nits of peak brightness delivers unmatched highlights. Quantum Color Spectrum™further elevates the viewing experience by producing a more complete palate of over one billion colors. The P-Series Quantum also features VIZIO's 2018 SmartCast OS for unparalleled streaming and smart home functionalities. The 2018 P-Series Quantum 65" Class 4K HDR Smart TV (PQ65-F1) is now available on VIZIO.com with an MSRP of $2,199.99 and is coming soon to retailers such as Amazon, Costco and Sam's Club.
Interesting the PR says now available but the website says summer

·
Registered
664 Posts
the 55" p55-f1 has 56 local dimming zones... that's less than the 2016 m-series.
It is but the new P series I believe has a native 120hz refresh rate, maybe a better wcg and more inputs capable of hdr etc

·
Banned
3,449 Posts

Boasting VIZIO's most captivating combination of premium picture quality technologies, the P-Series Quantum is the ideal home theater solution for discerning videophiles. Dolby Vision™️ HDR is enhanced with Active Full Array Max backlighting that boasts 192 zones of local dimming for superb contrast and deep black levels, while up to 2,000 nits of peak brightness delivers unmatched highlights. Quantum Color Spectrum™️further elevates the viewing experience by producing a more complete palate of over one billion colors. The P-Series Quantum also features VIZIO's 2018 SmartCast OS for unparalleled streaming and smart home functionalities. The 2018 P-Series Quantum 65" Class 4K HDR Smart TV (PQ65-F1) is now available on VIZIO.com with an MSRP of $2,199.99 and is coming soon to retailers such as Amazon, Costco and Sam's Club.
Interesting the PR says now available but the website says summer
Yeah weird. Every article I've seen says they're all available now from Vizio direct but Vizio themselves say summer.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It's looking like the two in competition for my money would be the Vizio PQ 65" ($2199) and the Vizio P 75" ($2599). I am torn between getting the bigger size vs. the better technology. The pricing is only $400 more for the 75" P series ($2199 vs. $2599). What do you guys think? Also, I image the discounts maybe bigger on the Vizio P Series 75" vs. the Vizio PQ 65" since it will only be out 6 months by the time stores will have their Black Friday/Christmas mark downs.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
It's looking like the two in competition for my money would be the Vizio PQ 65" ($2199) and the Vizio P 75" ($2599). I am torn between getting the bigger size vs. the better technology. The pricing is only $400 more for the 75" P series ($2199 vs. $2599). What do you guys think? Also, I image the discounts maybe bigger on the Vizio P Series 75" vs. the Vizio PQ 65" since it will only be out 6 months by the time stores will have their Black Friday/Christmas mark downs.
If you can fit 75 don't go 65. I think the PQ in summer is so late. But you might want to wait till summer to see if other vendors respond. However I bet 75" prices are now cast in stone.

·
Registered
254 Posts
for the p55-f1 i see this...UltraBright 1000 i wonder if it means 1000 nits? if so that is at least better brightness then in past for the M highest i saw was like 790 and for the p says like 500 something so if it realy did hit 1000 that would be at least somewhat brighter, i cant wait to see rtings reviews in the new P

·
Registered
188 Posts
Anyone know when the p units will actually be available?

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you can fit 75 don't go 65. I think the PQ in summer is so late. But you might want to wait till summer to see if other vendors respond. However I bet 75" prices are now cast in stone.

Good call. Yeah to me, the bigger size seem to trump the better tech, plus you could get it for a deeper discount. Its also interesting there really isn't any competition for the Vizio P 75" really. Sony has the X900F 75", with less local dimming zones, but presumably better processor for $3799.99 MSRP vs. Vizio P 75" $2599.00. That is an insane difference in the pricing. Samsung has their NU8000, but its edge lit going for $2999.99 on Amazon, which seems steep for a edge lit. I think Vizio really has the "sweet spot" for a 75" FALD LCD TV.

·
Registered
187 Posts
It looks to me like the M Series is a turd for the 2018 year model. It took the negatives from the 2016 and 2017 and combined them. It is still a 60hz native panel like the 2017 and loses the WCG like the 2016. That sucks. I honestly think they need to just drop M or consolidate some of its feature sin the E sine they can't seem to make up their mind on having it be too close to the P in specs.

https://www.vizio.com/tv-comparison
See the link above and notice the P and PQ have Ultra Color Spectrum or higher and that the M does not.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Wow 2 weeks ago I couldnt wait any longer and pulled the trigger on a Sony X900E 75" and now this drops at the same price I picked that up for. Kinda makes me feel like I should have waited a while longer

·
Registered
94 Posts
Looks like this is current breakdown of prices on the Vizio Site except for the P Series Quantum.

P Series

55" - $899, 56 FALD zones, 1000 nits of peak brightness, 120hz panel.

65" - $1,299, 100 FALD zones, 1000 nits of peak brightness, 120hz panel.

75" - $2,499, 120 FALD zones, 1000 nits peak brightness, 120hz panel.

P Series Quantum

65" - $2,199(as reported by CNET-no price from Vizio yet), Quantum Dots, 192 FALD zones, 2000 nits peak brightness, 120hz panel.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Really debating returning my P65-E1 for a P65-F1. Would be a hassle to repackage everything and bring it to Costco. And who knows when the F1 will be available in stores as I do not like buying TV online

321 - 340 of 507 Posts