AVS Forum banner

41 - 60 of 507 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
The bigger issue is the price. M55 $999 on sale for $899. The 2017 M55 has always been available since release for $649.
Some D series 18s are listed now too.

I'm waiting to see more info, I can't find anything listing what the HDMI versions are on any of the new 1s. Having only 1 on the 2017 M series that was v2.0.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,142 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Buy the 75" X900E Sony Now???

Or wait for the new P-Series? Or maybe even M-Series 75" models?

The Dolby Vision is the only thing holding me back really ... is Dolby Vision something major right now anyway to be concerned with???:confused:

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
2018 M65-F0 up on vizio

https://www.vizio.com/tvs/mseries/m65f0.html

Looks like an antenna has been added; new slimmer design and the 65" gets 40 zones; 55" gets 32
Lets see if Vizio continues to push the limits with the 2018 P series. The 2014 and 2016 P series were/are great sets. P is the one to watch.

With the Walmart and Vizio leaks, release must be imminent.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I spoke with a Vizio rep in January who told me this year they were adding a new series . He said it would be better than the p series. He wouldn’t go into detail but apparently there will be a P series and another additional one. Maybe they are bringing back reference series/ or adding a OLED or Q dot series. This doesn’t surprise me as TCL is supposed to be coming out with Q dot 75 for $2k price point so Vizio needs to be careful as TCL has gained a lot of great reviews.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Matt McRae before he left vizio essentially confirmed it on Twitter. The X-factor is what the failed LeEco merger did for the R&D backend.
And how long ago did he leave? You dont think something could have been scraped? They could skip this year to release a OLED or something next year or hell even in the fall

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
And how long ago did he leave? You dont think something could have been scraped? They could skip this year to release a QLED or something next year or hell even in the fall
QLED is mostly a made up marketing term like X-LED.

Certainly something could have changed, but given the critical acclaim of the 2016/2017 version, I think it is a given that we are going to get an updated design for 2018. Should find out in the next few days/weeks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
QLED is mostly a made up marketing term like X-LED.

Certainly something could have changed, but given the critical acclaim of the 2016/2017 version, I think it is a given that we are going to get an updated design for 2018. Should find out in the next few days/weeks.
Bleh Meant to type OLED I know QLED is a Samsung gimmick

·
Registered
46 Posts
I spoke with a Vizio rep in January who told me this year they were adding a new series . He said it would be better than the p series. He wouldn’t go into detail but apparently there will be a P series and another additional one. Maybe they are bringing back reference series/ or adding a OLED or Q dot series. This doesn’t surprise me as TCL is supposed to be coming out with Q dot 75 for $2k price point so Vizio needs to be careful as TCL has gained a lot of great reviews.
It would be a huge step if Vizio brings back the R Series or maybe Q Series for the addition of Quantum Dot technology. I agree they will need to truly step up their game, especially with the P Series so they don't get left in the dust of other competitors. Vizio's tv's not only have been know for being a budget priced brand, they are also known for delivering the newest innovative technologies which accompany the "value sweet spot" price.

·
Registered
63 Posts
It would be a huge step if Vizio brings back the R Series or maybe Q Series for the addition of Quantum Dot technology. I agree they will need to truly step up their game, especially with the P Series so they don't get left in the dust of other competitors. Vizio's tv's not only have been know for being a budget priced brand, they are also known for delivering the newest innovative technologies which accompany the "value sweet spot" price.
I just read somewhere online that Vizio and TCL had signed on with Samsung for Qdot tech. So seems Vizio/TCL new stuff will be Qdot tech not OLED. That makes sense and could cause Qdot tech to drop in price pushing people away from OLED price points and burn in issues...

·
Registered
268 Posts
Bleh Meant to type OLED I know QLED is a Samsung gimmick
QLED isn't OLED, either. It's not a gimmick, isn't specific to Samsung, and can provide better color accuracy and brightness to an LCD display.

QLED, TRILUMINOS, etc. are based on quantum dot color generation, instead of the traditional white phosphor with filters.

It means something specific, and it's a made up marketing term only in the same sense that manufacturers call HDMI CEC by different names even though they're referring to the same underlying tech, or that it's called "4K" and not "2160" (which would logically follow the existing 480/720/1080 progression). In each case it's marketing a specific, not-a-gimmick, feature.

41 - 60 of 507 Posts