AVS Forum banner

301 - 320 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
being that they're in the East they have a punchers chance...with Lebron and Kawhi moving West they only have the Bucks and Celtics to deal with...they have a good team but I still think they need another star
Miami and Toronto might just want to have a discussion about that. Pacers are at best #5 in the East

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
Miami and Toronto might just want to have a discussion about that. Pacers are at best #5 in the East
you're right...Toronto has to be the biggest surprise this season...Nick Nurse and Masai Ujiri have done an amazing job building that team...I don't care what their record is, I'm still not a believer in these Bucks- I don't think they can win the Finals...Giannis is going to get double teamed in the post-season and the rest of that team does not scare me (Middleton and Bledsoe are good players but I don't see them carrying a team)...I've been a believer in the Celtics from the start of the season and am sticking with them (addition by subtraction...getting rid of Kyrie solved most of their issues)

Miami can pull off an upset or 2 but I don't see them going all the way either...

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
you're right...Toronto has to be the biggest surprise this season...Nick Nurse and Masai Ujiri have done an amazing job building that team...I don't care what their record is, I'm still not a believer in these Bucks- I don't think they can win the Finals...Giannis is going to get double teamed in the post-season and the rest of that team does not scare me (Middleton and Bledsoe are good players but I don't see them carrying a team)...I've been a believer in the Celtics from the start of the season and am sticking with them (addition by subtraction...getting rid of Kyrie solved most of their issues)

Miami can pull off an upset or 2 but I don't see them going all the way either...
I'm a Milwaukee believer but then I have to be seeing as how I was about 8 when the franchise was founded and since the Bucks used to play a few games each year in Madison I got to see them there. Little known fact:In 1971 the first round playoff games were played in Madison because the Milwaukee Arena was booked in perpetuity for the annual American Dairy Association conference (Can't get more Wisconsin that that). So I got to see Kareem/Oscar/Bobby et al play in the playoffs in the old UW Fieldhouse, our seats were the ones that you needed the players to sit down so you could see the game. I had NO idea how good I had it.

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
Brooklyn Nets fire head coach Kenny Atkinson

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28856190/nets-coach-kenny-atkinson-mutually-agree-part-ways

this sounds to me like either Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving (or both) wasn't happy with him and wanted him out...sad that superstars dictate everything these days...Atkinson did a great job developing a lot of the younger Nets players (Caris LeVert, Joe Harris, Spencer Dinwiddie etc)...he got them in the playoffs last year and had them on track for another trip to the post-season this year despite missing their 2 superstars...crazy that star players no longer want to be coached and instead want a hand picked buddy leading the team...

·
Registered
8,782 Posts
Cavs win, Warriors win. I'm sure there is no correlation. :D

Not bad for a bunch of scrubs. :eek:

·
Registered
27,247 Posts
That horrible wailing sound of anguish you heard last night were the ABC Sports executives all screaming in unison after Steph caught the flu (not that flu, hopefully) and missed the game. :D. Dubs win anyway though, how 'bout that? :eek:

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Lakers won Round 3 vs the Clippers...I hate the Lakers but what Lebron is doing in his 17th season is amazing...the guy might be playing his best all around basketball...

·
Registered
27,247 Posts
Lakers won Round 3 vs the Clippers...I hate the Lakers but what Lebron is doing in his 17th season is amazing...the guy might be playing his best all around basketball...
Agreed. He has been unbelievable this year. I know the Greek Freak is going to win the MVP again, they've got the best record and he's been awesome, but if I had a vote I'd cast it for Lebron.

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
Brooklyn Nets fire head coach Kenny Atkinson

this sounds to me like either Kevin Durant or Kyrie Irving (or both) wasn't happy with him and wanted him out...
Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that Atkinson wasn’t fond of coaching Durant and Irving based on what he saw this season, and would rather something happen now than at the end of the season..."Kenny pushed for the parting just as much, if not more than Brooklyn"...

sources say Kyrie Irving prefers Tyronn Lue to take over as head coach...

https://sports.yahoo.com/kenny-atkinsons-tenure-with-nets-comes-to-its-natural-conclusion-as-kd-kyrie-era-nears-014215773.html?guce_referrer=ahr0chm6ly90lmnvl3r2wtztz2wxswm&guce_referrer_sig=aqaaano4kxhxkok6zvr_20qwar1p1zycs7mliko-uaeubcczsugxgearqccp95myiba-h2yvmuccbffddxk6x1nypqr6hw9fuki2glfgtbmgt5at6kcvv1xw8vtkpztzujnvqzrxjocsc26g5c6vbznzaeqbk8wqa-uwzwfmzq4ygx5d

bad look for Durant and Kyrie...2 malcontents who never seem happy...a head coach pretty much admitting that he can't coach his superstar players and wants out...

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Multiple sources told Yahoo Sports that Atkinson wasn’t fond of coaching Durant...

Kind of a stretch given Atkinson hasn't coached Durant. Challenge for Atkinson was which "Flat Earth" showed up for work when physically healthy. Meanwhile, Billy Donovan appears to be doing a nice job in OKC.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
How does the pro game still exist? It's more about thugs "mistreatment" (culture) and contracts (business) than the sport.

Related:

"Ethan Strauss Goes Deep into NBA Ratings, Career Path" (podcast)

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/ethan-strauss-nba-ratings-the-athletic-career-path-01dvtm63q614

For so many teams and so many games "the juice" is sorely missing. Not only for NBA.

Cord-cutting continues to loom due to pro sports team boredom and entertainment dollar competition on many fronts.

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Kind of a stretch given Atkinson hasn't coached Durant. Challenge for Atkinson was which "Flat Earth" showed up for work when physically healthy. Meanwhile, Billy Donovan appears to be doing a nice job in OKC.
Kevin Durant questioned Nets' championship culture in meeting that led to Kenny Atkinson's departure

During a meeting in which Atkinson and Nets players aired their grievances, Kevin Durant questioned whether the team was building a championship culture under Atkinson...Durant’s comments weren’t the final nail in the coffin for Atkinson, but — given his star status — Durant’s opinions carry a lot of weight within the organization...Those words — and other criticisms from that meeting — stuck with Atkinson...the coach could have returned to the team fired up and ready to make significant adjustments...instead, Atkinson decided he had already lost some of the team’s best players, and that it would be best if he moved on...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/kevin-durant-questioned-nets-championship-culture-in-meeting-that-led-to-kenny-atkinsons-departure-143726805.html

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Kevin Durant questioned whether the team was building a championship culture under Atkinson.

That could be total bs. Durant's character will be revealed when/if he finally plays in NYC.

You forget Pick-6 Tommie recruited him to sign w/Celts. So he must be good, eh?

·
Premium Member
6,481 Posts
Kevin Durant questioned Nets' championship culture in meeting that led to Kenny Atkinson's departure

Sources say Durant chimed in, pointing out that the Nets must improve their habits and that they were not building the proper culture traits necessary for a title contender.

You omitted this with selective citing.

·
Registered
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #320
Sources say Durant chimed in, pointing out that the Nets must improve their habits and that they were not building the proper culture traits necessary for a title contender.

You omitted this with selective citing.
it wasn't selective citing...I wasn't quoting the entire article...the full article speaks for itself...plus the title of the article literally says that Durant questioned the teams culture which is the same as 'improving their habits'...Shams is one of the top NBA insiders (along with Adrian Wojnarowski)...I trust his sources...do you really think if Durant wanted him as coach that the Nets would have fired him?...not a chance...him and Kyrie didn't like his old school ways...the players rule the league

301 - 320 of 743 Posts