AVS Forum banner

341 - 360 of 743 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,483 Posts
Gobert's another member of "Flat Earth" club. Interested to learn if Mitchell's the only infected teammate, but they'll probably keep that tightly wrapped.

·
Registered
18,357 Posts
They canceled March Madness now. I’m not a big NBA fan, but I love and look forward to the NCAA hoops tourney every March. *sigh* Looks like I will have more time to hunt down some TP.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #344
luckily Doom Eternal comes out next week for PC...no sports equals more gaming time :D

no gamers here I'm guessing :eek:

·
Registered
5,550 Posts
luckily Doom Eternal comes out next week for PC...no sports equals more gaming time :D

no gamers here I'm guessing :eek:
The one silver lining with much less to watch on TV (no sports, including MLB) and work being slow: more gaming time. I'll also get in some extra reading and take full advantage of having HBO for the next couple of months for Westworld.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
Pro golf can entertain you, until further notice.

·
23,003 Posts
They canceled March Madness now. I’m not a big NBA fan, but I love and look forward to the NCAA hoops tourney every March. *sigh* Looks like I will have more time to hunt down some TP.
This will be the first time in 33 years I haven't run my "private" March Madness brackets for co-workers and friends. I'm going to miss the usual, but unpredictable, upsets and the game play that comes from "do or die". Nowadays, I rarely watch a regular season game, but don't miss many of the tourney games.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
Report: NBPA warns players of 'Force Majeure' clause permitting owners to cut pay because of coronavirus

The National Basketball Players Association has warned players that their pay could be reduced if the rest of the NBA season is lost amid the coronavirus pandemic...the letter warned of an already established 'Force Majeure' clause in the collective bargaining agreement that spells out teams’ financial obligations to players in times of disaster and allows owners to reduce player salaries...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nbpa-warns-players-that-owners-can-cut-their-salaries-amid-coronavirus-hiatus-184137329.html

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Report: NBPA warns players of 'Force Majeure' clause permitting owners to cut pay because of coronavirus

The National Basketball Players Association has warned players that their pay could be reduced if the rest of the NBA season is lost amid the coronavirus pandemic...the letter warned of an already established 'Force Majeure' clause in the collective bargaining agreement that spells out teams’ financial obligations to players in times of disaster and allows owners to reduce player salaries...

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/nbpa-warns-players-that-owners-can-cut-their-salaries-amid-coronavirus-hiatus-184137329.html
Seems fair, feel bad for the trickle down employees going to be a real financial burden.

·
Registered
172 Posts
It seems that many players are not too happy with Rudy Gobert. Not many NBA players liked or commented on his IG or Twitter apology nor did they offer prayers or support for Rudy Gobert on twitter like they did with Donovan Mitchell. It was really careless for him to act the way that he did. Not only touching the mics, recorders/phones but also touching other teammates and their belongings. What an idiot. Crazy that out of the 450 players in the NBA, the one player (plus Donovan) who was mocking the virus ended up getting the virus.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #354
Seems fair, feel bad for the trickle down employees going to be a real financial burden.
that's why it's good to see players like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kevin Love help out the arena workers...Giannis tweeted that he will pledge $100,000 to Fiserv Forum staff..."It's bigger than basketball!" Antetokounmpo tweeted on Friday afternoon. "And during this tough time I want to help the people that make my life, my family's lives and my teammates lives easier."

On Thursday, Cavaliers forward Kevin Love announced on Instagram that he would be donating $100,000 through the Kevin Love Fund to support Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse staff in Cleveland...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28898869/giannis-antetokounmpo-pledges-100k-help-fiserv-forum-staff

·
Registered
172 Posts
that's why it's good to see players like Giannis Antetokounmpo and Kevin Love help out the arena workers...Giannis tweeted that he will pledge $100,000 to Fiserv Forum staff..."It's bigger than basketball!" Antetokounmpo tweeted on Friday afternoon. "And during this tough time I want to help the people that make my life, my family's lives and my teammates lives easier."

On Thursday, Cavaliers forward Kevin Love announced on Instagram that he would be donating $100,000 through the Kevin Love Fund to support Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse staff in Cleveland...

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/28898869/giannis-antetokounmpo-pledges-100k-help-fiserv-forum-staff
And today Zion said he would pay for everyone who works at the stadium for the next month! Which is a great gesture but would have been better for the billionaire owners to do that instead. Either way Zion is so likeable. Doesn’t seem like he tries to imitate others but he just tries to be the person who he is. Seems like a great leader and leads by example and will be great for the future face of the league.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
And today Zion said he would pay for everyone who works at the stadium for the next month! Which is a great gesture but would have been better for the billionaire owners to do that instead. Either way Zion is so likeable. Doesn’t seem like he tries to imitate others but he just tries to be the person who he is. Seems like a great leader and leads by example and will be great for the future face of the league.
Agreed, he puts others before himself. The rarest quality to find in a human being today.

·
Registered
13,265 Posts
Discussion Starter #359
I wonder if the NBA will resume this season...the virus is projected to get worse over the next few months before things start to level off...will the NBA return after 30 days and play in empty arenas for the rest of the season?...cancel the remainder of the season and have no champion?...come back in 30 days and start the playoffs immediately, eliminating the remaining 16+ games left in the regular season?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Christian Wood from the pistons now also has the virus. Wood had 30 and 11 rebounds against Rudy Gobert on Saturday night. So not sure who had it first.

341 - 360 of 743 Posts