AVS Forum banner

721 - 740 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #721
Clippers blew another big lead??...so frustrating watching them play...they should be a lockdown defensive team...they better get their act together before facing the Lakers...

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Love to see the Nuggets move on.
The Rich&Creamy Nugs are my favorite team still in the playoffs. And I didn't even know they were playing yesterday! All the football furor drowned it completely off my radar screen. 😢

Anyway, glad they won and I will be watching Game 7 tomorrow night. Should be a good one. Clips & The Claw might go down for the count.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #724
Love to see the Nuggets move on.
nooo...I love the Clips...my Celtics vs Clippers Finals prediction is still alive...plus I do think the Clips are the best team, they just haven't shown it...I think in Game 7 they are going to lock down the Nuggets...Kawhi and PG13 etc are going to play that smothering defense they should be playing every game but seem to get bored

·
Registered
860 Posts
Rooted for all LA WCF, not anymore :LOL: come on Clips make history .

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #726
as far as the ECF...Boston is not a good match up for Miami...I think the Celtics win in 5...Miami can really defend when it's 1 or 2 main guys on the other team but Boston has too many weapons and the Heat won't be able to stop them all...Celtics have a balanced team and whoever comes out of the West better take them seriously

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
My rich&creamies won! I'm shocked and pleased in equal measure. I'm sure the sports punditry will be in mourning because we won't get "the battle of LA" that they were salivating for, and to be honest I kind of wanted it too, but I'm pretty happy right now with how this one turned out. :)

Jaylan Rose said in the pre-game show that he had a man-crush on Jokic and maybe needed therapy. Me too. 😄 That guy is amazing. Some folks are just born with an inexplicable sense of how to play the game and are able to use that innate knowledge to make up for a relative lack of athleticism (from an NBA point of view) and still excel. Walton, Bird, Magic, Curry immediately come to mind. Now this guy.

The Heat/Celtics game was terrific as well. Damn, there has been some outstanding basketball played in The Bubble! Who knew?

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #734
Yes!! Go Nuggets, easy team to root for, The Claw should have stayed eh....
I'm really disappointed in the Clips...all season long they haven't been playing like the team I thought they should be...I thought Kawhi and PG13 could be the next Jordan/Pippen on the defensive side but they didn't come close...Kawhi was great but George had too many off nights...I also think last years Clips team minus those 2 superstars played harder...the bench also played better last year...Lou Williams regressed this year...they won't trade PG13 but maybe he's best served as a 3rd option...they also should look into trading Montrez and Sweet Lou for another superstar

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Now, just beat the Fakers, and all is right with the world (uh, well, maybe not, but you get the point).

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #736
Heat up 2-0 on the Celtics...I didn't see that coming...the basketball Gods are conspiring to give Lebron an easy path to another title

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Heat up 2-0 on the Celtics...I didn't see that coming...the basketball Gods are conspiring to give Lebron an easy path to another title
You are underestimating my Rich&Creamies. Just wait until the LA Mercenaries get them down 3 to 1. Then it'll be all over for LeBron but the crying.

·
Registered
27,441 Posts
Nuggets should be up 2-1 in that series...a miracle Anthony Davis 3-pointer saved them
Yep. I'm starting think they could win this series. Which would make me very happy. The similarities between how they built this team and how the Warriors built their first championship team is fascinating. They both did it through the draft. Neither had a draft pick higher than 7th (Curry, for the Dubs; Murray for the Nugs). Right now, the LA Mercenaries have to be worried, even if they do have the Best Player On The Planet.

Boy, bubble basketball sure has turned out to be fun, hasn't it?

721 - 740 of 808 Posts