AVS Forum banner

741 - 760 of 808 Posts

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #741
Celtics are on the brink- down 3-1...Celtics have the talent to win 3 games in a row...let's see

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #743
didn't look good for Boston early but they pulled it out...they have such a balanced team I didn't think the Heat would be able to match them offensively

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #744 (Edited)
it's over for the Celtics but they have nothing to hang their heads about...they are young with some great pieces...they'll be in contention for years to come...although starting next year they're going to have to deal with Durant + Kyrie and that Brooklyn Nets super-team...Pat Riley deserves a ton of credit for building this Heat team...what a great job with draft picks, free agency etc...Andre Iguodala turned back the clock tonight

as far as the Heat vs Lakers Finals...Fakers should be the favorites but I'm going to give Miami a punchers chance...reminds me of that Pistons team that defeated the Lakers super-team with Shaq/Kobe/Karl Malone/Gary Payton...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #746
Doc Rivers out as LA Clippers head coach

Doc Rivers is out as head coach of the LA Clippers, sources told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski, following a season that fell well short of championship expectations after the team landed All-Stars Kawhi Leonard and Paul George last summer...Rivers is the only coach in NBA history to lose a 3-1 lead in three playoff series...

that's a pretty shocking move...I'm sure Kawhi and PG13 were consulted and gave their OK

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
Boy, that is shocking. Doc has done a lot for that franchise. PG13 had mental issues and the team chemistry just wasn't right. Don't know how you lay that at Doc's feet. Didn't think Balmer was the kind of owner that would do something so knee-jerkish.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Boy, that is shocking. Doc has done a lot for that franchise. PG13 had mental issues and the team chemistry just wasn't right. Don't know how you lay that at Doc's feet. Didn't think Balmer was the kind of owner that would do something so knee-jerkish.
While Doc is a good coach, I think the Clips aren't going to be happy with anything less than a finals appearance. The coach is always the easiest to blame.

·
Registered
9,067 Posts
C'mon Clips! Just hire Mark Jackson, then I won't have to hear him broadcasting games!

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
It's kind of unfortunate that it ended up this way as it appears there's no way the Heat can hang with the "LA Mercenaries, Laker Division". Besides the talent gap, Dragic is out, Butler has turned his ankle and isn't 100% and Bam has a lingering left arm issue.

Judging by what we saw last night, this could be sweep, a "gentleman's sweep" at best. That's too bad because the playoffs up to this point have been sensational. So many great matchups & games. Bubble-ball was a rousing success, IMO.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
With Miami's 3 best players hurt, this is an easy sweep for the Lakers. Average margin of victory is going to be 20+. No need to even watch.

Reminds me of what happened last June with Golden State. KD goes down, Klay goes down, and then it was over...

·
Premium Member
1,427 Posts
With Miami's 3 best players hurt, this is an easy sweep for the Lakers. Average margin of victory is going to be 20+. No need to even watch.

Reminds me of what happened last June with Golden State. KD goes down, Klay goes down, and then it was over...
I call it Karma for the Heat. Milwaukee also suffered injuries that prevented them from really giving them a series.

Bledsoe nursed a hamstring for the entire series and Antetokounmpo had shoulder and ankle injuries. Plus Robin Lopez's bad back kept him out.

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
The playoffs are often battles of attrition, with the teams that suffer the fewest key injuries surviving the longest. Because of the interminably long regular season players are usually pretty beat up by the time the playoffs begin.

There is little question the Dubs would have another championship right now if 2 of their top 3 players had not gone down with serious injuries almost simultaneously. That was crazy.

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Miami has to figure out how to stop the Lakers defensively or this isn't going to be much of a series. I expected that they would have trouble for 1 game to get their balance. The important game is game 2.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #758

exactly...Adebayo, Butler and Dragic were all hurt in Game 1...the NBA Gods gifted another title to Lebron...

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #759
Sources: Doc Rivers agrees to deal to coach Philadelphia 76ers

After a rapid courtship and negotiation, Doc Rivers has reached agreement on a deal to become the next coach of the Philadelphia 76ers, sources told ESPN on Thursday...

741 - 760 of 808 Posts