Seems I was right about the antipathy for the finals ... from Yahoo Sports:

Game 1 of NBA Finals sees lowest viewership in recorded ratings history

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Were the golden state warriors "gifted" a title the year kyrie irving and kevin love got hurt? I'm curious if you were saying the same thing then....

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #766
Were the golden state warriors "gifted" a title the year kyrie irving and kevin love got hurt? I'm curious if you were saying the same thing then....
the Warriors absolutely were gifted the title that particular year...when 2-3 of your top players get injured then it's definitely a gift...last year when Durant and Klay got hurt the Raptors were the beneficiaries

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
the Warriors absolutely were gifted the title that particular year...when 2-3 of your top players get injured then it's definitely a gift...last year when Durant and Klay got hurt the Raptors were the beneficiaries
Stuff happens. The season is a long grind and sometimes injuries mar a series. No footnotes, no asterisks.

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #768
Heat with an improbable Game 3 win...no Adebayo or Dragic but Jimmy Butler single handedly willed them to victory...

·
Registered
463 Posts
LeQuitter walked off the court with 10 sec left. Poor loser. :poop:

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #774
I hate the Lakers but I'll give them a pass this year in honor of Kobe Bryant...props to Lebron James...lead 3 different teams to a championship and does not seem to be slowing down even at 35 years old

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
All hail the LA Mercenaries, Lakers Division! Foregone conclusion. They should have just given them the Larry O. trophy the second AD signed and could have saved everyone a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
6,842 Posts
All hail the LA Mercenaries, Lakers Division! Foregone conclusion. They should have just given them the Larry O. trophy the second AD signed and could have saved everyone a lot of trouble.
I seem to recall that there was a fair amount of discussion when signing both James and Davis, that as great as they are, two top 5 superstars might not be enough to compensate for the cost aka talent compromises required to fill-in the rest of the roster.

·
Registered
27,438 Posts
I seem to recall that there was a fair amount of discussion when signing both James and Davis, that as great as they are, two top 5 superstars might not be enough to compensate for the cost aka talent compromises required to fill-in the rest of the roster.
Yeah, but we underestimated the rest of their roster. They still had Kooz and some good shooters, plus Playoff Rondo. And who knew Dwight Howard still had anything left in the tank?

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #778
exactly...being a Monday Morning Quarterback is easy when you know the outcome...throughout the season a lot of people had the Clippers as the favorites...even the Bucks...Lakers were in the conversation but it wasn't a foregone conclusion

·
Registered
13,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #779
Sources: Ty Lue agrees to five-year deal to coach LA Clippers

Ty Lue has agreed to a five-year deal to become the next head coach of the LA Clippers, sources told ESPN on Thursday...the Clippers' search landed on Lue based upon a confidence that his championship pedigree and playoff successes as a head coach in Cleveland, as well as his strong ability to communicate with players, will resonate within a franchise that underachieved in the 2019-2020 season...

761 - 780 of 808 Posts