AVS Forum banner

3681 - 3700 of 16017 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has anyone had a problem where their C9 occasionally freezes for 5 seconds? This has happened a few times watching Netflix via the built-in app, and once when watching a blu-ray. When this happens during watching Netflix, after the 5 second freeze ends, everything goes fast forward to catch up (including the sound, which gets a bit out of sync). I didn't have this problem with my B6, and I don't think it's related to the internet connection (happened with a blu-ray too).

·
Registered
49 Posts
Has anyone had a problem where their C9 occasionally freezes for 5 seconds? This has happened a few times watching Netflix via the built-in app, and once when watching a blu-ray. When this happens during watching Netflix, after the 5 second freeze ends, everything goes fast forward to catch up (including the sound, which gets a bit out of sync). I didn't have this problem with my B6, and I don't think it's related to the internet connection (happened with a blu-ray too).
Happened to me last night, but it usually happens due to a network issue. If connected via Ethernet I have yet to have an issue. I had to close the app in the background to get it to work property again. It happening on a Blu-ray is pretty odd

"You got a big screen, hold my beer"

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Happened to me last night, but it usually happens due to a network issue. If connected via Ethernet I have yet to have an issue. I had to close the app in the background to get it to work property again. It happening on a Blu-ray is pretty odd

How do you "...close the app in the background..."? Is it similar to an iPhone or iPad?

·
Registered
49 Posts
How do you "...close the app in the background..."? Is it similar to an iPhone or iPad?
If you hover over your recents folder the second pane will open above. Then you can close all recent apps via the X mark. You can't be in the app your trying to close though

·
Registered
174 Posts

Hold the Home Button, it will bring up the currently running apps.

·
Registered
702 Posts
This isn't really a humming noise, it's a higher frequency during switching scenes and very noticeable during gaming. I'll try and get audio of it later and post to see if this is a candidate for return. I thought TV lottery era was over for these high priced sets. Guess not!
It sounds like you mentioned, like a processor working really hard. High pitched so it can be heard over a lot of other things. Annoying.
Interesting that yours is a 65 and it sounds like not just during dimly lit/dark scenes.

LG should replace it if you don't feel like returning it. But they are apparently backordered so yeah...it would take more time.

I haven't noticed it but also haven't gone looking for it on my 77C9. Typically I am pretty sensitive to that kind of thing so hopefully my set does not develop the issue.
Yeah mine was there right off the bat and it only improves once the set has been on and warmed up for at least an hour. So I would imagine you're fine.

If others do not hear it, you probably don't have a problem. Not that it's a major problem anyway, just annoying and unlucky.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
If you hover over your recents folder the second pane will open above. Then you can close all recent apps via the X mark. You can't be in the app your trying to close though

Hold the Home Button, it will bring up the currently running apps.
I learn something new every day, thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I streamed via Lan not WiFi. I wanna verify that the C9 built in video player does play lossless atmos n pass thru to soundbar/avr with eArc. Can you confirm this?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Micro Pausing or Shudders- Help!

When watching the TiVo or Blu-ray from the home theater PC and the C9 has some random micro pausing or shudders every minute or so. This is through an Onkyo NR5010. My Kuro never did this but this is the first time using ARC. It’s not being used at the time but is now enabled on the Onkyo. Not sure what else it could be. The PC was set at 59hz and I tried 60hz but still the same. Not sure I can keep this thing if I can’t figure it out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
It sounds like you mentioned, like a processor working really hard. High pitched so it can be heard over a lot of other things. Annoying.

Interesting that yours is a 65 and it sounds like not just during dimly lit/dark scenes.

LG should replace it if you don't feel like returning it. But they are apparently backordered so yeah...it would take more time.

Yeah mine was there right off the bat and it only improves once the set has been on and warmed up for at least an hour. So I would imagine you're fine.

If others do not hear it, you probably don't have a problem. Not that it's a major problem anyway, just annoying and unlucky.
Is this noise that you hear as well?

Sucks because otherwise the panel itself is perfect, no visible banding and very little tinting in the center of the screen. I went to Best Buy and tried to see if the display model exhibited the same behavior and I couldn't hear anything.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Is this noise that you hear as well? https://youtu.be/pkDewwHXUbY

Sucks because otherwise the panel itself is perfect, no visible banding and very little tinting in the center of the screen. I went to Best Buy and tried to see if the display model exhibited the same behavior and I couldn't hear anything.

That is called Coil Whine and it varies with different CPU loads on the components. You can do more research on it. It happens on PC components, laptops, etc. Since you have a good panel, I would try and get LG to have someone come out and replace the part inside that has the coil whine.

·
Registered
49 Posts
That is called Coil Whine and it varies with different CPU loads on the components. You can do more research on it. It happens on PC components, laptops, etc. Since you have a good panel, I would try and get LG to have someone come out and replace the part inside that has the coil whine.
Thanks for the info, I'm sure all the sets have a level of coil whine. This just seems excessive in my opinion. It makes playing certain games unplayable sice it's so distracting. I'll have LG come out first and if that doesn't fix the problem then I'll just exchange at Costco and hope for the best. Just bad luck I guess. Other than this, it really is an amazing TV especially coming from a 2014 Samsung

·
Vendor
26,606 Posts
I thought TV lottery era was over for these high priced sets. Guess not!
Ah, that will be a never. Lottery will always be in play because I do not think we will ever see a uniform set from top to bottom every time one is made.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I'm relatively new to the forums, but have followed for years. I'm purchasing a 65" C9 and having BB install and bury the wires (I don't want to personally deal with the fire breaks in my wall). I have some hopefully basic questions. When you first put up your new TV, I know we all probably put up a new Blu-ray and enjoy, but are there any specific steps you first do to make sure your TV is working properly. I know the obvious like making sure it powers on, having the inputs work, and outputting sound. But do you start looking for dead pixels right off the bat, do you look for banding or unevenness. I'll probably be too infatuated at first, I just don't have enough experience to know if I have an issue that I may not notice until much later and then have difficulty in resolving it. Basically, asking what issues should I look for so to say this should be exchanged right away. Specific "how tos" would be appreciated. Thanks again from a new OLED newbie. Ed

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ah, that will be a never. Lottery will always be in play because I do not think we will ever see a uniform set from top to bottom every time one is made.
Yeah I was ignorant in thinking that I didn't need to test this thing before hanging and tucking wires. This is my first experience with LG, had all Samsung's before and that was a nightmare trying to get a halfway decent panel. Off the wall it comes

·
Registered
361 Posts
I'm relatively new to the forums, but have followed for years. I'm purchasing a 65" C9 and having BB install and bury the wires (I don't want to personally deal with the fire breaks in my wall). I have some hopefully basic questions. When you first put up your new TV, I know we all probably put up a new Blu-ray and enjoy, but are there any specific steps you first do to make sure your TV is working properly. I know the obvious like making sure it powers on, having the inputs work, and outputting sound. But do you start looking for dead pixels right off the bat, do you look for banding or unevenness. I'll probably be too infatuated at first, I just don't have enough experience to know if I have an issue that I may not notice until much later and then have difficulty in resolving it. Basically, asking what issues should I look for so to say this should be exchanged right away. Specific "how tos" would be appreciated. Thanks again from a new OLED newbie. Ed
I mean it’s really up to you. Some say ignorance is bliss, others prefer to go looking. Myself, i scrutinize any panel I buy with solids as I have a zero dead or stuck pixel policy which drives me nuts. Branding and tinting are subjective. If you can’t see those in content then that would be my recommendation.

But if a panel has pixel defects out of the box, for me it’s a sign the panel may have been mishandled or could have something else going on. Again though, dk what makes you feel comfortable

·
Registered
49 Posts
I would run the gray scale slides, play games, watch some content and see if it makes any weird noises or seems off. I do believe you end up going down the rabbits hole when it comes to panel scrutiny. It's a give and take thing, it's never gonna be absolutely perfect. Perfect panels are unicorns

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,699

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Is it recommended to run a pixel refresher at least 1 time with a relatively new set 100 hours?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

3681 - 3700 of 16017 Posts