AVS Forum banner

3881 - 3900 of 16099 Posts

·
Registered
9,851 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah, they no longer post advanced picture settings. This is all they have posted:

https://www.cnet.com/forums/discussions/lg-oled65c9p-2019-oled-tv-picture-settings-and-hdr-notes/
Anyone else notice that rtings.com and cnet have these two different for SDR:

Contrast 90 vs. 85 and
Gamma 2.2 vs. BT 1886

What are others on this thread using?
To my eyes the rting settings look better because of the 2.2 gamma. Looks more accurate to me and more shadow details. I have yet to have my TV calibrated but I think if I did I’d want 2.2 to be the target.

Motion looks fine on user with the default deblur setting on 10 until you see any panning then it’s brutal. Putting dejudder on 2 and deblur on 10 fixed motion for me.

I do have smooth graduation on low and helps out for what it’s meant for. I’ve yet to figure out if any of the other processing features do anything worth while.

·
Registered
702 Posts
Happened 3 times last night again, watching Mad Men. Just speculating here, but it's possible it is a bug in some combination of Netflix app/Decoder chip/TV scaler when decoding certain encodings (e.g. maybe it mainly affects older shows, so if you aren't watching those you won't get this problem). I'm curious to see if it happens when watching a recently released 4K Netflix movie, or on Amazon prime. Will have to wait for more people reporting this problem to see what the pattern is, is it a particular display setting or motion setting we have turned on that has a bug (I use Clear), etc.
Yes I was thinking that it may be related to the video codec as well, because so far it has only happened to me on an HD title.

The move (The Gollum) I experienced this issue in was in HD 5.1. Whereas I've never had this happen before watching 4K or Dolby Vision content on netflix - which is mostly what I watch.

I will also add my experience to the LG.com thread.

·
Registered
44 Posts
But has anyone else found that, after their 03.60.04 update, their remote would not let them use the microphone voice control without signing up for Google Assistant?

(btw, I did post this on the other threads as requested and the LG support discussion thread.)

·
Registered
9,851 Posts
To my eyes the rting settings look better because of the 2.2 gamma. Looks more accurate to me and more shadow details. I have yet to have my TV calibrated but I think if I did I’d want 2.2 to be the target.

Motion looks fine on user with the default deblur setting on 10 until you see any panning then it’s brutal. Putting dejudder on 2 and deblur on 10 fixed motion for me.

I do have smooth graduation on low and helps out for what it’s meant for. I’ve yet to figure out if any of the other processing features do anything worth while.
I agree, I tried out 2 or 3 different Gamma settings and liked the 2.2 setting the best. Contrast 85 vs. 90 probably doesn't make much difference?

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Just ordered the OLED65C9PUA, excited to join the discussion once it arrives!

How do I get rid of my old 65in tv? lol

Reactions: macmane

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hi all,

Is there a way to display the input signal that the LG is receiving from the AVR? In other words, on other displays I have had, there was a "Display" button on the remote that showed the input resolution, picture mode, color depth, etc. Thx!

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
558 Posts
Hi all,

Is there a way to display the input signal that the LG is receiving from the AVR? In other words, on other displays I have had, there was a "Display" button on the remote that showed the input resolution, picture mode, color depth, etc. Thx!
On the tv remote, hit the button with the 3 dots (below the '9' button), then select 'info'. That will usually pop up a window with video and audio info (doesn't work for me when I am in the Amazon Prime app). You can also use the pointer to click on the source pop up on the tv (the pop ups that say like "PS4 HDMI1" or whatever)

Reactions: Vader424242

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
^^^ Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Interstellar on my 77C9 is epic!
Hey everyone. Just bought my 65 inch C9 yesterday from a local retailer. Very happy with my decision. I went back and forth numerous times before finally deciding on the C9. The price savings and overall bang for the buck won out for me. Thanks for all of the replies and feedback in this thread (and other OLED threads) which helped me to make my decision. I know I'm stating the obvious, but there is a wealth of knowledge on this forum. I have already started enjoying the phenomenal picture quality that it brings. :)

Now over to the audio forums for recommendations on a surround set up.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
^congrats and welcome! You will find that most on here are very knowledgeable and willing to help!!! Enjoy and get that popcorn out!!!

Reactions: SV1432

·
Registered
22 Posts
^congrats and welcome! You will find that most on here are very knowledgeable and willing to help!!! Enjoy and get that popcorn out!!!
Thank you very much! I have plenty of popcorn ready :) I can get used to this kind of picture in my free time. My wife tells me 'it's just a TV'--I love her dearly, but man, she just doesn't appreciate this beauty.

·
I'm That Guy, don't be me
558 Posts
Thank you very much! I have plenty of popcorn ready :) I can get used to this kind of picture in my free time. My wife tells me 'it's just a TV'--I love her dearly, but man, she just doesn't appreciate this beauty.
Don't worry, we appreciate that you got an awesome TV.

Reactions: SV1432

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi,
I've noticed that sometimes netflix and hbo apps desn't work properly.
When I log in and choose random tv show i only see loading screen.

It's weird because it happens at the same time - Netflix and HBO GO, but other apps like Yotube or Amazon work properly.

Maybe its firmware or something else, what do You think about it?

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

·
Registered
674 Posts
This is so bizarre. We’ve watched series after series on the built-in Netflix app and haven’t had an issue. Lately we’ve been binging on the Jessica Jones series (4K DV) and we never had a freeze in the 1 1/2 seasons we’ve watched thus far. Aside from obvious internet issues, I can’t understand why some have this issue and others don’t.

For another data point... I also have been using the internal Netflix App (and Amazon) and have not experienced a single freeze thus far.

·
Registered
40 Posts
On the tv remote, hit the button with the 3 dots (below the '9' button), then select 'info'. That will usually pop up a window with video and audio info (doesn't work for me when I am in the Amazon Prime app). You can also use the pointer to click on the source pop up on the tv (the pop ups that say like "PS4 HDMI1" or whatever)
My Magic Remote has no "Info" button????

3881 - 3900 of 16099 Posts