AVS Forum banner

6601 - 6620 of 16064 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
You've just said "Old Denon" a few times without saying which model is. But not many TVs support DD+ over ARC, and I suspect it's probably likely that your Denon doesn't support DD+ over ARC. If that's the case though, it will tell the TV using the EDID handshake, and the TV won't even try to send it. It'll send plain DD over ARC instead.

You can check on the front panel of the AVR / the Android App (if it has one) / the built-in Denon webserver / what it is actually receiving from the TV (as it's not easy to use the Denon's menus when on a TV source).
Ah okay, my receiver is an old Denon 1613. I checked on their specs page but it didn't mention if DD+ ARC is supported. It only says it supports DD+ decoding.

The front panel shows DD+ but the sound is distorted somehow.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Can anyone provide the following measurement for a 77 C9 as I'm trying to figure out how high to place a mount:

Distance from Lower VESA mount hole to bottom of TV excluding the table mount?

Thanks,

·
Registered
232 Posts
That's a very serious downgrade on the C9 if that's true.

My C8 can play Dolby Vision media files just fine, in fact it comes with two Dolby Vision samples on the TV. And plays the few DV demo files I've downloaded correctly.
Sorry, I have to clarify - I should have said Dual Stream DV files, I tried those and it didn't work. The one DV Demo file on the LG C9 works, so it appears, Single Stream DV files do play with the internal player.

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Ah okay, my receiver is an old Denon 1613. I checked on their specs page but it didn't mention if DD+ ARC is supported. It only says it supports DD+ decoding.

The front panel shows DD+ but the sound is distorted somehow.
Some early implementations of DD+ over ARC seem to be buggy and netflix seems good at hitting those bugs. Buggy implementation is worse than no implementation it seems, since it will actually try and then fail rather than not try at all. My SR5007 had problems with DD+ with some videos in netflix. After upgrading to an SR6012 the problem is gone.

Reactions: dfa973

·
Registered
31 Posts
I set 2 hours auto power off but it did not turn off the TV after 2 hours without any LG remote usage. have anyone seen this issue? Using apple TV remote does not count, right?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just bought an E9 (I know this is a C9 thread, but it should
apply nonetheless). Can someone recommend a slim profile fixed mount. Fixed, as I read the E9 shouldn’t be subject to motion due to the glass supporting the screen.

Also. any recommendations on a receiver are appreciated (eARC compatible).

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,103 Posts
apply nonetheless).
I think you missed the E9 in the thread title. :) So welcome and congrats on your purchase!

This thread has a list of AVRs that are know to work with eARC: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3072900-lg-c9-earc-info-thread.html

Yeah, that one does just say C9 but as you said it should all apply to the E9. ;)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
apply nonetheless).
Would live to see some 5% and white uniformity screenshots. Thinking of returning my C9 and trying an E9 for apparently cleaner panels.

·
Vendor
26,675 Posts
apply nonetheless). Can someone recommend a slim profile fixed mount. Fixed, as I read the E9 shouldn’t be subject to motion due to the glass supporting the screen.
>

>

>

·
Registered
769 Posts
Any news on higher brightness black frame insertion? I play games with BFI enabled as it gives damn near a 3d look the motion is so much better.

Question - if I play with OLED light at 100 with BFI enabled will that do any harm? I normally play at 60 OLED Light?

·
Registered
9,849 Posts

Thanks.
Post #2 in this thread shows the eARC compatible AVRs:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/40-oled-technology-flat-panels-general/3072900-lg-c9-earc-info-thread.html#post58172362

·
Registered
162 Posts
Any news on higher brightness black frame insertion? I play games with BFI enabled as it gives damn near a 3d look the motion is so much better.

Question - if I play with OLED light at 100 with BFI enabled will that do any harm? I normally play at 60 OLED Light?
Recent tests show that this tv is resistant to burn-in, but i wouldn't risk it too much.
I play with oled light at 20,and actually i don't need anymore, i just dim the sunlight with curtains.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
502 Posts
Has anyone tested the new beta firmware v04.70.03 yet?

·
Registered
502 Posts
*Edit - Doesn't seem to be available at least on the Canadian link I'm using. Is there a special area for beta firmware I'm missing or something else?
It's not a public beta and you won't find it on the public LG websites.
Don't even try to install it if you don't know what that means or how to install these versions, you won't be able to install this version via USB.

04.70.03_prodkey_nsu_V3_SECURED.epk

Reactions: mrtickleuk

·
Registered
174 Posts

Recent tests show that this tv is resistant to burn-in, but i wouldn't risk it too much.
I play with oled light at 20,and actually i don't need anymore, i just dim the sunlight with curtains.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
20 is far too low IMO, even in a pitch black room.

If higher OLED Light gives you eye strain or something then go ahead and play at low levels but I think it’s a waste to play at such low light levels because you’re scared of burn-in.

·
Registered
46 Posts
6601 - 6620 of 16064 Posts