AVS Forum banner

7901 - 7920 of 16029 Posts

·
Super Moderator
21,314 Posts
somehow my LG C9 app menu popped up (vertical overlay on right side of screen)
is there some way to disable it? it eventually timed itself out but I see no way to exit from it/ disable it?

tia

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Has anyone else used the built-in Sling TV and the Youtube TV apps? I have noticed that the Sling TV app will embed into the dashboard (as an input similar to HDMI's 1 thru 4) and will auto-load when you turn the TV on. However, the YouTube TV app won't, requiring me to click-it every time I start the TV and it won't embed into the dashboard like the SlingTV app does.

Anyone having this issue or understand why this is?

Workaround is to add the YoutubeTV as one of your quick access buttons.

Then can use that button to turn TV on.

·
Registered
24 Posts
You'll probably have to download and install it manually. It's available for download for US and Canada. What country/region are you in?

Just checked UK so available there as well.

I lives in Sweden.
Waiting for a proper version dedicated to my region.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I did some testing with Battlefield 1. There’s a 10,000 nit test pattern in the game. With HGiG on there’s no tone mapping the the game hard clips anything above 800 nits. Set to calibrated Cinema mode I get get 3800–4000 nits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
On Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

Are you saying that HGIG is working well for you or that it's not working well? I can't tell by what you said.

Doesn't this TV top out at around 800 nits anyway so it that a bad thing necessarily? I think I'm a little confused. :p

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
But if you have ATMOS working in other apps that eliminates a lot of those variables. You on 04.70.05 firmware?

You can try doing factory resets. But you might try to test ATMOS outside of Netflix first. The Prime app should do ATMOS for example.
Yes, I'll do a factory reset as a last resort. All the other apps work just fine with Atmos and eARC. It's just Netflix so it's like nothing changed with the latest firmware for me. Since it's only Netflix I'm reluctant to do a factory reset.

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
Firmware 04.70.05 (and 03.60.45 released 3 days before that one) fixes the Netflix ATMOS bug. If you don't upgrade, of course the bug is still going to be there. Why are you waiting?
Not for all of us... :(

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Discussion Starter #7,914
On Xbox One X or PS4 Pro?

Are you saying that HGIG is working well for you or that it's not working well? I can't tell by what you said.

Doesn't this TV top out at around 800 nits anyway so it that a bad thing necessarily? I think I'm a little confused. :p

I tested on Pro but I can test tonight on X.
It’s working, is it working as intended, too soon to say. HGiG seems to utilize C9’s native max HDR brightness, no tone mapping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JohngPR

·
Registered
316 Posts
Second quarter of 2020? So it most likely comes out with the new 2020 OLEDs. That's pretty bad that the 2019 series have to wait that long. This very simple 'feature' should have been working from the start, to go with eARC and VRR.

Guess it's better than nothing. Thanks for the update fenster.
Who knows what the reason for that.
Maybe their developers are more focused on brining stuff like [email protected] to the 2019 series.
Maybe they implementing 5.1/7.1 PCM is more compley than we might think?

I am glad to see that they listened to customers feedback. This is not self-evident for a company of the size of LG. Even if the products they are selling are expensive...

·
Registered
785 Posts
how does it sound and how easy is the set up?

Does anybody know if the C9 does lossless sound when using WiSA speakers? I have written to LG and received no response. I am using the Klipsch Reference speakers and the Axiim Link. Can somebody please answer?

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
Thanks! That actually makes me feel a whole lot better about it. Will (try to) not let it bother me anymore :)

Again, I think it's bad design. Just make it sturdier. Doesn't need to be this ultra-thin. Just because it's possible doesn't mean it's the best solution. Especially if it actually makes the product worse. Kind of like phones with bend screen edges. It serves no purpose other than being a marketing gimmick.
I don't know the wallpaper version is pretty sweet ;)

·
Registered
464 Posts
I intend to use oled as gaming monitor so I put it on my desk. I also want to use the tv in a pitch black room so I turn off all the lights. The thing is whatever that happens on the tv are reflected on the surface of the desk, so technically the area surrounding the tv is not exactly pitch black and I believe that negatively affects the perceived contrast to an extent. Any tips on how to hide those reflections? Mounting on wall is out of the question.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
I intend to use oled as gaming monitor so I put it on my desk. I also want to use the tv in a pitch black room so I turn off all the lights. The thing is whatever that happens on the tv are reflected on the surface of the desk, so technically the area surrounding the tv is not exactly pitch black and I believe that negatively affects the perceived contrast to an extent. Any tips on how to hide those reflections? Mounting on wall is out of the question.
I had similar problem....I got some black velvet cloth (leftover from what I used in my home theater) and draped it over the desk.

7901 - 7920 of 16029 Posts