AVS Forum banner

8101 - 8120 of 16040 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Oh great another update that causes black to become grey. You know back in the day when I still owned the c8 I nearly went nuts trying to figure out why some scenes that are supposed to be completely black are instead grey. I thought what was the freaking point to buy an oled if it had this kind of issue.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I got the latest LG update and I installed the Nvidia Beta drivers 440.52 I went to the nvidia control panel and enabled G-Sync played Gears5 and GTA V and G-Sync does not work I had my settings at 4k with V-Sync off and it was plenty of screen tearing don't believe these people claiming it works they're lying or placebo effect and I have a MSI Gaming X Trio 2080ti and a i9 9900k G-Sync didn't work which is probably why Nivida haven't release G-Sync support officially
Also it's pretty early days, as it hasn't even been officially released yet

·
Vendor
26,619 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Is there any way to get 5.1 Sound atm when connecting the PC directly to the C9 and using eARC?

Maybe with some extra device? For example a soundcard which somehow decodes PCM into some sort of DD+ 5.1 ? Sorry i have no clue about sound.
Multichannel eARC is supposed to come next year. Right now, connecting two HDMI cables from the card seems the only way to get multichannel PCM. That is, one to the TV directly and one to the receiver. That seems to work just fine.

·
Registered
12 Posts
So I just got my 77" C9 yesterday. I put it up on the wall and playing God of War I noticed some vertical banding. So I loaded up a grey screen and I can see 2 bars. Is this expected? Or should I try exchanging it. I took a quick picture, the bars kind of show up in the picture. They are just left of center...

Attachments

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
I had a dead pixel with a vertical line appear twice on my calibrated C9. The second time it happened (lasted 3 weeks) an LG tech came out and determined I needed a new panel. In the week that it took to order a new panel the line and dead pixel disappeared!
Should I replace my panel even tho it appears normal or do I take a chance and keep it as is.
Appreciate any thoughts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tough call, man. On an uncalibrated panel, it's a no-brainer -- you absolutely replace the panel. The chances of that problem coming back are almost certain. Things almost NEVER fix themselves.

In fact, the more that I think about it, I am pretty sure that is also the right answer on your calibrated panel. I'm of the opinion that it is not "if" the line returns. It's more of "when" the line returns.

But, I understand that you'd be throwing the $$$ for the calibration away, with no guarantee of a receiving a good panel.

This assumes that the LG tech is certain the problem is with the panel and not something else, like a cable, source component, etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Soundbar reflection onto LG OLED

Hi all,

Just got the LG C9 OLED 55 inch. Very happy with the TV!

Then installed the LG SY8YG soundbar and sub.

The sound is great, but I am seeing the soundbar reflected on the TV.

It manifests as a strip that runs along the bottom of the screen. It's the soundbar being reflected, as when I take the soundbar away from the TV, the reflection bar disappears.

I think it's the light grey colour of the soundbar that's reflected whatever is on the TV.

Anyone else seeing this with the same set-up?

I'm thinking of raising the TV a couple of inches which might stop the reflection.

Thanks,
Dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
126 Posts
yeah i had the same thing.

I think our 2080ti's don't even need gsync.

But i also read you can enable g-sync from the windows display settings as well as the nvcpanel. try the windows setting. i uninstalled already, because my windowed games like path of exile were choppy as all hell, until i frame rate limited it to 57fps with rivatuner. Even then it wasn't as smooth as just plain old vsync.

Also the Nvidia Pendulum G-sync test demo, would probably be the best way to test.
GSYNC doesn't work with 2080Ti + Beta drivers for me either. Capping to 57 + GSYNC enabled = tearing. GSYNC + VSYNC in drivers resulted in no tearing, but microstuttering

·
Registered
19 Posts
Even high budget Hollywood movies are infamous for having incorrectly filmed/mastered dark scenes. I personally crush my blacks by 1% to help reduce it.. I find that's less noticeable. Elevated blacks drive me insane and can really ruin a scene IMO.
How do you crush your blacks?

·
Registered
19 Posts
4K 120hz is impossible until nvidia release hdmi2.1 cards, or LG hack the tv like Samsung to do it.

From my PC, via the Marantz 6013, the best I can achieve at 4k is 60hz @ 8bit YCbCr 4.2.0. (AMD GPU). To be able to get 4.4.4 at 4k I have to drop the refresh rate to 30hz or lower. Which is not good for desktop usage. In order to get 10bit colour I have to drop the resolution to 1080p.

If I try 1440p, it's still limited to 8bit but oddly I get the issue with Windows throwing up an active signal resolution (under 'Display Information') that is 4k but a desktop resolution that is 1440p. I'm wondering if this is because the Marantz HDMI inputs don't recognise native 1440p?

I.m sure I have read in earlier posts here that some can get 4k 60hz @ YCbCr 4.4.4. Since I can't, I'm wondering why not?

·
Registered
19 Posts
From my PC, via the Marantz 6013, the best I can achieve at 4k is 60hz @ 8bit YCbCr 4.2.0. (AMD GPU). To be able to get 4.4.4 at 4k I have to drop the refresh rate to 30hz or lower. Which is not good for desktop usage. In order to get 10bit colour I have to drop the resolution to 1080p.

If I try 1440p, it's still limited to 8bit but oddly I get the issue with Windows throwing up an active signal resolution (under 'Display Information') that is 4k but a desktop resolution that is 1440p. I'm wondering if this is because the Marantz HDMI inputs don't recognise native 1440p?

And I should have added here that as a result of this Windows desktop vs active signal resolution difference, that even at 1440p, I'm stuck at 4.2.0. Odd

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Can anyone recommend a really flush wall mount for the C9? I don't care about being able to do anything with it other than maybe tilt a bit to get my hand back there. The front door and hallway put you on a direct path with the side of the wall the TV will be mounted on so I want it as flush as possible. I will route everything through my receiver so there should only be one HDMI cable going to the TV.

·
Registered
134 Posts
You should be switching between "off" and "HGIG" not DTM and HGIG as there will always be a difference
I did. I tested all three and each of them looked different.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi all,

I’ve been searching for an answer to a problem I’m having with my 55 C9. I've found people having similar issues but no real answers and was hoping someone could help point me in the right direction.

Essentially, I seem to have pretty wild swings in audio sync between the various apps on the TV.

I have the audio outputting via ARC to my Yamaha RX-V383. I can get the sync right for something on Netflix or Airplay, but then when I switch to the other I have to adjust it, just thinking now that it may also have something to do with different audio formats from the different streams rather than the app specifically... I need to test that later when I am home.

Anyone else have/had the same issue? I have tried turning off TrueMotion and RealCinema as well as trying with and without eARC set, I have also changed the format from Auto to Passthrough. I am not using the lipsync option on my receiver as it doesn't appear to have anything other than manual delay configurable and so I am instead using the manual option on the TV itself.

Netflix seems to be OK with the LipSync setting to around 8 (what units is this setting changing in? 10ms increments maybe?) and another service I use called Stan here in Aus is better on 15...

Am I being to particular? Is this just a reality of streaming media? I did not notice this with my old Samsung KS8000 at all.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read or respond :)
Have you found a fix for the audio sync issue's yet? I have the same TV and receiver as you do and I also have issue's with the audio being out of sync, mostly with YouTube but I also noticed it's not exactly in sync on Amazon Prime either. Playing games on PS4 and Xbox don't have syncing issues, so it seems to be something with the built in apps.

I found a firmware update for the receiver that I need to try to see if it helps. I'm not getting my hopes up though, because last night I was playing YouTube from the built in app and switched to Internal TV speakers and the audio is still really delayed. That should entirely bypass the receiver, so I'm not sure what is going on. It really sucks because I love the TV but hate the audio syncing issue's.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh great another update that causes black to become grey. You know back in the day when I still owned the c8 I nearly went nuts trying to figure out why some scenes that are supposed to be completely black are instead grey. I thought what was the freaking point to buy an oled if it had this kind of issue.
As far as I know, the problem with the messed up blacks are caused by the latest nvidia drivers and not by the latest tv update. Blacks are still correct on consoles and in the native youtube app.

·
Registered
126 Posts

I.m sure I have read in earlier posts here that some can get 4k 60hz @ YCbCr 4.4.4. Since I can't, I'm wondering why not?
I get 4k 66hz @ YCbCr 4.4.4 via my Denon X7200WA. Seems like your receiver isn't great for PC usage. Try direct connection and see if it works as intended.

This thread is like a windows support forum now.
It's the first GSYNC OLED 4K120hz display. PC Gamers are going to flock, it's only going to get more and more gaming focused I think. Its bar none the best gaming display on the market in my opinion, and the 55" isn't much more than the best gaming monitors which still have far inferior PQ.

·
Registered
118 Posts
So I just got my 77" C9 yesterday. I put it up on the wall and playing God of War I noticed some vertical banding. So I loaded up a grey screen and I can see 2 bars. Is this expected? Or should I try exchanging it. I took a quick picture, the bars kind of show up in the picture. They are just left of center...
what percentage is that? 20 percent grey?

8101 - 8120 of 16040 Posts