AVS Forum banner

8181 - 8200 of 16029 Posts

·
Registered
5,984 Posts
^did you feel better when you "politely requested the mods to move the discussion" hmmm so yeah, maybe you should move on especially since you really havent added anything of use here.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It’s become a chore to read this thread. If you want to discuss Gsync and your Pc gaming features then fine, JUST DONT HIJACK THE THREAD.

I’ve noticed many new users repeating the same questions and I can’t blame them for not reading the whole thread.

·
Registered
140 Posts
It’s become a chore to read this thread. If you want to discuss Gsync and your Pc gaming features then fine, JUST DONT HIJACK THE THREAD.

I’ve noticed many new users repeating the same questions and I can’t blame them for not reading the whole thread.
Nothing against your opinion and I understand but c'mon, blame them for not searching and not using the search function..Shrugs..

·
Registered
9,842 Posts
I've read a lot on this thread about not having to worry about screen burn-in with this latest model of OLED but...

I've recently started to watch an older TV show that is only 4X3 aspect ratio. Should I be worried because this ratio has the black bars on each of the sides of the screen?

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I've read a lot on this thread about not having to worry about screen burn-in with this latest model of OLED but...

I've recently started to watch an older TV show that is only 4X3 aspect ratio. Should I be worried because this ratio has the black bars on each of the sides of the screen?
Black bars do not cause burn in. Your fine

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

·
Registered
126 Posts
It is really getting out of control. Something has to be done.

I have been politely requesting the Mods to get the gaming posts out of this thread and into a dedicated thread for "Gaming On The C-E9". They are going largely unanswered.

Perhaps if enough people would also do the same, we can get thread back on topic. Just click on REPORT for every gaming post and ask them to create another thread, move all of the gaming conversations there and (most importantly) make this thread a NO GAMING TALK ALLOWED.

If enough people request that, hopefully we can make it happen.
Only thing out of control is your self-entitlement of thinking this thread applies to only you and your interests. To make it worse, you are abusing the report function, wasting moderators time, and encouraging others to do the same. The fact the mods are ignoring you should tell you something.

This is a owner's thread. The fact this thread is filled with PC/GSYNC/Gaming stuff is because lots of owners are using it for that. Crazy how that works? If you are annoyed and unable to ignore discussions that don't interest you, then do what any normal intelligent adult would do - walk away and move on.

If it's a chore to read through the thread then why do it? Threads have a search function and no one is going to read a 273 page thread that is growing ~5 pages is a day. No one has hijacked anything and users repeating the same questions has been a problem since the dawn of mankind. People who don't search are going to keep asking the same questions whether people are discussing GSYNC or not.

Black means the pixels are off with OLED, so you can't burn-in black bars.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has anyone felt/seen more input lag since the last update? From using an Xbox One X before it was not noticeable at all and now it’s pretty noticeable that there is a delay. I made no changes, it’s in default gaming mode and I didn’t change anything from before. Shows in HDR and standard.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Only thing out of control is your self-entitlement of thinking this thread applies to only you and your interests. To make it worse, you are abusing the report function, wasting moderators time, and encouraging others to do the same. The fact the mods are ignoring you should tell you something.

This is a owner's thread. The fact this thread is filled with PC/GSYNC/Gaming stuff is because lots of owners are using it for that. Crazy how that works? The internet is not designed around you. If you are annoyed and unable to ignore discussions that don't interest you, then do what any normal intelligent adult would do - walk away and move on.
My self-entitlement??? Now that is comical and typical of the millennial entitlement that exists EVERYWHERE.

Yes this is an owners thread. Good for you, you read the title.

When there are 4-5 pages in a row discussing PC drivers and consoles and 3rd party add-ons and so on, it is no longer an owners thread. It's a how do I make my gaming thing work thread.

I think that you (all) should look at your sense of entitlement. Why you feel that you can post whatever you want (over & over & over), because it has some connection with the fact that you own a C9, E9, etc is entitlement.

What if we started discussing stands and entertainments centers? Why not? I might put my C9 on a piece of furniture and I want to discuss the merits of that, ad nauseam. After all, I am an owner and I'm "entitled" to do that in an "owners thread".

Your gaming argument has no merit. It's about gaming. It's about PC's. It's about gaming consoles. The only connection with the C-E9 display is that you can't play your games using the display, because LG caused you some form of butthurt.

Those conversations should be in a thread dedicated to gaming with the C-E9. But, no. That would make too much sense. Because after all, that is how forums are designed to work. Bundle common interest.

Lastly, as for my contributions to these forums, and my conversations with moderators... how entitled of you to tell me that I should not do that. Thank you, but your opinion on that couldn't matter less.

My suggestion is a rational one. Grouping conversations of common interest into a thread dedicated to those conversations is the right thing to do. Sorry, if you have butthurt over this, but the conversations that have been taking place over the last weeks are much more slanted towards gaming than the C-E9.

Reread your post again.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
^did you feel better when you "politely requested the mods to move the discussion" hmmm so yeah, maybe you should move on especially since you really havent added anything of use here.
Actually, yes. I did feel better. Because those gaming discussions really do belong in a separate thread. Sorry, if you disagree.

And, I certainly do not need your (uninformed) opinion about my contributions here in this thread, or on this forum.

But, thank you for your insult.

·
Super Moderator
15,926 Posts
Posts removed. You were asked by staff to move on. Stick to technical discussions.

Reactions: samuel.c.casilla

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
Can x box x play dolby vision 4k movie disc? Planning getting one to use with E9 instead of 4k bluray player.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Can x box x play dolby vision 4k movie disc? Planning getting one to use with E9 instead of 4k bluray player.
At this time, Xbox one consoles can only do Dolby vision with Netflix.

There is no support for disc or other streaming apps at this time

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
At this time, Xbox one consoles can only do Dolby vision with Netflix.

There is no sorry for disc or other streaming apps at this time

Thought of using x box for gaming and dv player. E9 can do excellent DV on Netflix already.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Has anyone noticed delayed brightness and dimming issues with their C9? I have noticed this delayed brightness change in two DV presentations via internal Netflix app. One is the movie Our Souls at Night. Happens multiple times when the it cuts back to bright scenes following dark, night scenes. The same thing happened just now in Unbelievable Episode 6, at 34 minutes or so, when the scene cuts from car interior night scene to a brighter one, the brightness ramps up a bit delayed. Like a second into the scene, the brightness shoots up. Also, in the dark scene at least, the overall brightness had dimmed down too. This dimming wasn't evident in Our Souls at Night though; just the delayed change in brightness. On trying to repeat the issue by playing just that scene, the issue wasn't repeated. Can this be due to ASBL, or is this similar to the delayed brightness change that C8 suffered from? Another user on Reddit has mentioned seeing it on Mindhunter too. Don't have a service remote or a phone with IR blasted. Can anyone confirm if they see this with ASBL turned off too? You'll have to watch the entire scene from the start. The car scene in Unbelievable will good. Will take 5 minutes.
I’m not sure about a delayed darkening or brightening but I feel some content in Netflix DV is overly dark from time to time. Can’t say forsure but I’ve had the suspicion.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I have the ultimate settings for the LG C9 with gsync,

first force vsync off globally.
In games turn vsync off as well and let gsync do its job.

use gsync windows/full screen mode and check box below. You're not in gsync mode unless your C9 says instant game response.

Also turn up LLM to Ultra, and OMG so awesome.

I have tried with [email protected] with 422, it doesnt like [email protected] in some games but not alot. It shines best with [email protected] desktop and it works amazing with HDR. Running at 10bit FULL, RGB, HDR [email protected] gsync on LG C9 US

·
Vendor
26,611 Posts
Saw this post <<<Click here >>> if this is the case, then extended warranties from Mack Warranty and such will have to cover burn in now ;)

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
I went and looked at a C9 in Best Buy yesterday and I have to say I wasn't all that impressed. I understand this is not optimal environment for viewing but I could see crushed blacks and artifacts all over the place. It did have great viewing angles but brightness was way low. Seems like a great TV for dark room viewing but my wife hates watching TV that way. I was hoping OLED would work for me but I think I need the added brightness of QLED to overpower ambient light in the room. I also don't trust her not to leave static images on the screen for hours at a time as she likes to walk away from the TV and work on other things quite often.

8181 - 8200 of 16029 Posts