AVS Forum banner

8261 - 8280 of 16060 Posts

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,261
Hello.

I have a 65" LG C9 for two months now and today I noticed a black vertical line on the image, as you can see in the attached photo. Is there any procedure I can try to solve this problem or do I already have to request a repair? Has anyone had this problem? Thanks.

I’m getting my C9 screen replaced today for the very same thing!
Sorry to say, you’ll need a new panel.
Also, I’m going through LG and not Best Buy’s warranty even though I have the extended.
LG tech that came out seemed to know his stuff better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: FabioC

·
Registered
27 Posts
I’m getting my C9 screen replaced today for the very same thing!
Sorry to say, you’ll need a new panel.
Also, I’m going through LG and not Best Buy’s warranty even though I have the extended.
LG tech that came out seemed to know his stuff better.

I hope it goes well. Keep us informed. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,263 (Edited)
Aren’t panels supposed to be delivered vertically?? The LG tech had my panel on his flatbed.

Adjustments.JPG

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Yes, I'll do a factory reset as a last resort. All the other apps work just fine with Atmos and eARC. It's just Netflix so it's like nothing changed with the latest firmware for me. Since it's only Netflix I'm reluctant to do a factory reset.
Make update C9. Now I have Atmos in Netflix in my Y2080 :) Nice :)
I did a factory reset on the C9 this morning and nothing changed. Still no Atmos from the internal Netflix app. Don't know what else to do? Do others getting Atmos on Netflix have "ARC" turned OFF on their Denon AVRs? That's all I know I need to do in settings other than eARC set to ON and Passthrough on the C9.? I may go to the Denon thread to see if others having the same AVR and TV are getting it working in their setup?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Magic Wand Pointer

I am the proud owner of a brand new LG OLED65C9PUA.

So far things have gone pretty smoothly EXCEPT for the idiotic drawings showing how to install the pedastal. I know they're trying to dumb down the process assuming we cant read but those steps could have been described in 4 succinct sentences. Instead we have, what?, 9 uninterpretable drawings.

Enuff whining. My question:

Is there a way to turn off the stupid Magic Wand pointer? I didnt see an on/off setting, just a size adjustment...

Thank you,
Scott

·
Registered
46 Posts
I know this forum is filling up with a lot of game and audio talk, but I wanted to share my experience. When it comes to electronics, I am definitely picky. My first LG C9 had a larger yellow streak on an all white background and was exchanged. The second was noticeably brighter, and much noticeably less red saturation but there was a lot of picture noise/grain in virtually all sources. This one ended up being exchanged due to finding 4 dead pixels (I know that 4 dead pixels may not be a big deal to some, but the previous had no dead pixels). The third set was the most uniform at 5% Gray and at 100% white but was noticeably more dim than the previous two. It was pretty apparent. Even the wife stated this. Though the set was in good working order, I sold it to a friend (he was happy with it). Now I am on my fourth set and I can say it's very uniform, it is clearly brighter than the last and it's not very noisy/grainy and there is little noticeable posterization and no dead pixels.I guess being as picky as I am I thought moving from LCD to OLED would be much easier as I hate flashlighting, clouding, blooming and DSE, but never thought OLED would have it's own set of things to watch out for as much as I have noticed from my 4 OLED experiences. I don't know, maybe I'm crazy, but for someone like me, buying a tV is stressful yet interesting. Sorry for the panel lottery rant. Just wanted to share my experience.

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
I am the proud owner of a brand new LG OLED65C9PUA.

So far things have gone pretty smoothly EXCEPT for the idiotic drawings showing how to install the pedastal. I know they're trying to dumb down the process assuming we cant read but those steps could have been described in 4 succinct sentences. Instead we have, what?, 9 uninterpretable drawings.

Enuff whining. My question:

Is there a way to turn off the stupid Magic Wand pointer? I didnt see an on/off setting, just a size adjustment...

Thank you,
Scott
There is as I saw it this morning when I did my factory reset of my C9. Don't remember exactly where I saw it buy if you look closely you should find it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did a factory reset on the C9 this morning and nothing changed. Still no Atmos from the internal Netflix app. Don't know what else to do? Do others getting Atmos on Netflix have "ARC" turned OFF on their Denon AVRs? That's all I know I need to do in settings other than eARC set to ON and Passthrough on the C9.? I may go to the Denon thread to see if others having the same AVR and TV are getting it working in their setup?

Did you had Atmos working before for you?
After a new software update for C9 I got Atmos from Netflix every time.
I set eARC to Passthrough.
Check if your Denon can handle Atmos via ARC.
BTW. I have Yamaha 2080.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I have arc & eARC on in my receiver

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch

·
Registered
9,849 Posts
Did you had Atmos working before for you?
After a new software update for C9 I got Atmos from Netflix every time.
I set eARC to Passthrough.
Check if your Denon can handle Atmos via ARC.
BTW. I have Yamaha 2080.
I have arc & eARC on in my receiver

TV - LG C9, C8 & C6 - AVR - Pioneer SC-LX502, Xbox One X, PS4 Pro & Switch
No, I never had Atmos using eARC on the built-in Netflix app. Others with the 2018 Denon AVRs have it working but I've heard nothing from those that have the X8500H?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
How come I still have Firmware 3.60.19 when 4.70.05 is on the website? Wonder why auto update online doesn't work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Aren’t panels supposed to be delivered vertically?? The LG tech had my panel on his flatbed.

View attachment 2632366

My understanding is that they should definitely be transported vertically, but that's because transporting it horizontally has a high risk of damaging, or even breaking the panel. So I think as long as it's not damaged, you should be fine.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,276
Panel replaced! They really take everything apart and put it back together, see pic. Don’t really want to look for issues with this because I don’t want to go through it again.
If Sony has a panel issue they replace the entire TV.

·
Premium Member
3,071 Posts
How come I still have Firmware 3.60.19 when 4.70.05 is on the website? Wonder why auto update online doesn't work.
Most software is rolled out this way.

Post online first and see if anyone finds issues with it. Then gradually roll it out through automatic updates little by little at first. Then release to everyone.

I don't know LG's specific release plan but the updates have always been posted online before coming through automatic updates.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I tried HGIG with MK11 and noticed no difference with DTM off. When calibrating the HDR on the PS4 in the video settings menu, do you have HGIG on or off?
I can see a clear difference when switching between HGIG and DTM off both when it comes to the HDR calibration screens in games (which now max out in the middle, and usually around the max brightness of c9 around 800 nuts) and when looking at the sun and other very bright light sources where more detail now is visible.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can see a clear difference when switching between HGIG and DTM off both when it comes to the HDR calibration screens in games (which now max out in the middle, and usually around the max brightness of c9 around 800 nuts) and when looking at the sun and other very bright light sources where more detail now is visible.
Alright, thanks, I'll try it again. But what I meant was, when you go to the video settings of the PS4, you can adjust/calibrate the HDR. When doing this, do you have HGIG on, or do you have it off and turn it on after calibration?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Alright, thanks, I'll try it again. But what I meant was, when you go to the video settings of the PS4, you can adjust/calibrate the HDR. When doing this, do you have HGIG on, or do you have it off and turn it on after calibration?
I believe you should turn it on before doing the calibration since it makes it much easier to calibrate.

8261 - 8280 of 16060 Posts