AVS Forum banner

8381 - 8400 of 16052 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
May I ask what people are using for the Trumotion setting.

Clear?
If User, what numbers for dejudder and deblur?
I've tried several different varieties, across a pretty broad range of content, including sports and I keep coming back to Trumotion = OFF as the best option for me.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Discussion Starter #8,383
Any one with the new Call of Duty and have an Xbox One X. It’s runs incredibly smooth at 120 Hz. on the C9. You sacrifice a little res at 1440p but it’s worth a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jrocker23

·
Registered
258 Posts
The cable claims to be 2.0 compatible https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002KDGX1U/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1. However, having just checked, I note that some 1 star reviews that have been posted after I bought it are critical of those claims. Interesting. If it is a cable issue (and the drivers are 'smart' and only give options based on how they read the cable) then yes, I will have to try other cables and at the length I'm running, that's probably going to have to be fibre optic HDMI..not cheap! As the only other possibility I could thnk is that the AMD drivers are not properly reading the C9's EDID. (and perhaps that's because of crappy cable...hmmm)
Just get a Belkin Cable, rated to 48GBPS

Big reputable company, that couldn't get away with a bull**** cable.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have the new call of Duty modern warfare on ps4? When I go into hdr calibration to set the white point, at first the center logo cannot be seen and then the brightness ramps up incrementally to show the simple to set the white detail. Anyone notice this? Mine is set to. 89. Can anyone comment where there's is set to and if the brightness jumps up incrementally to show the center symbol?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Playing gears 5 on pc hdr with my amd radeon vii and lg c9 55inch. I definitely notice less banding when switching to 4:2:0 10 bit vs normal 4:4:4 rgb pc full 8 bit. I just wonder if i am losing any actual loss of picture quality playing at 4:2:0. I did some research and it seems games are made at 4:2:0 for the most part. Am i getting the full 0-255 color palette in 4:2:0?

(4:2:2) also produced alot of banding

·
Registered
126 Posts
Playing gears 5 on pc hdr with my amd radeon vii and lg c9 55inch. I definitely notice less banding when switching to 4:2:0 10 bit vs normal 4:4:4 rgb pc full 8 bit. I just wonder if i am losing any actual loss of picture quality playing at 4:2:0. I did some research and it seems games are made at 4:2:0 for the most part. Am i getting the full 0-255 color palette in 4:2:0?

(4:2:2) also produced alot of banding
You should be using YCbCr444 with TV set to HDMI limited on PC mode - at least until LG fixes RGB banding which isn't likely.

99.9% of people aren't going to tell the difference between 0-255 and 16-235 as long as both devices are set to the same setting. I personally can't, and I am super picky about picture quality. 0-15 and 236-255 are "darker than black" and "whiter than white", you are still getting the full black to white range with 16-235.

You don't want to use 10bit/12bit. Leave the panel at 8bit in PC mode. LG OLED performs better with 8bit + dithering than native 10bit based on everything I have read in the MadVR forums.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Leave the panel at 8bit in PC mode. LG OLED performs better with 8bit + dithering than native 10bit based on everything I have read in the MadVR forums.
Getting the TV tomorrow, so if play in PC mode, some picture-settings are greyed out right?

Which mode is the best for console?

I play with my PC most of the time and iam using RGB full, looks the best to me on my Sony X900F. If i set 4:2:0 @10bit, picture loses some clarity, even in games.

I read something about that you have to rename the HDMI to PC for getting full chroma subsampling AND all picture settings, is that true or do i have to choose between Game-Mode+all picture settings or PC-Mode+some greyed-out settings but 4:4:4?

·
Registered
175 Posts
I’ve seen mentions of this issue in previous posts, but I’d still like confirmation: HDR really isn’t available in-game when using beta firmware 440.52?

Played the new Modern Warfare yesterday and couldn’t even find an HDR toggle in the settings menu. Hard to give up G-Sync for HDR, though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I’ve seen mentions of this issue in previous posts, but I’d still like confirmation: HDR really isn’t available in-game when using beta firmware 440.52?

Played the new Modern Warfare yesterday and couldn’t even find an HDR toggle in the settings menu. Hard to give up G-Sync for HDR, though.
you need hdr enabled in windows for the game to show the option.
most games are not like that but that one is i have the same experience.
i like to leave hdr off for just the desktop

·
Registered
30 Posts
C9 or wait

Would it be ideal to get a 77"C9 now or wait for next year's model? In no great hurry, but; a deal is a deal. I would wait for new panel with better performance (not nominal) if it's coming.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Would it be ideal to get a 77"C9 now or wait for next year's model? In no great hurry, but; a deal is a deal. I would wait for new panel with better performance (not nominal) if it's coming.
If you want to buy next years model for the price the 77 C9 costs at the moment you
have to wait ~12 more months. By this time you could ask the same question with C10 vs. C11 or however these models will be called.

My advice: If you need a TV now buy it now (or during Black Friday/Christmas Sales etc.).

If you are so curious about 2020 models wait until CES to see what LG will deliver with these TVs. Then decide whether want to buy a C9 for a cheap price or if you want to buy a C10 for a high price/wait 1 more year for prices to drop to the same level as C9 was one year before.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Hi,

I've installed the 440.52 beta driver and I am on the 4.70.05 firmware version on the C9. However, I can't see any option to turn on G-SYNC.
Could this be because I've connected the HDMI cable to the soundbar (Sony HT-ZF9), even though it was eARC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi,

I've installed the 440.52 beta driver and I am on the 4.70.05 firmware version on the C9. However, I can't see any option to turn on G-SYNC.
Could this be because I've connected the HDMI cable to the soundbar (Sony HT-ZF9), even though it was eARC? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Make sure to enable this tick box or gsync wont work(check Attachment Image). Also cap fps 3 frames below target refresh rate for best results, and disable in game vsync and enable it through control panel.

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
The LG TVs don’t have G-$ync hardware. Nivida just stopped blocking (stuff you help pay for as part of the standards so they can try and force you to pay for their stuff) HDMI VRR or FreeSync in some scenarios.
Yeah yeah yeah. Don't care. It is available on 441.08 "officially"

·
Registered
19 Posts
Getting the TV tomorrow, so if play in PC mode, some picture-settings are greyed out right?

Which mode is the best for console?

I play with my PC most of the time and iam using RGB full, looks the best to me on my Sony X900F. If i set 4:2:0 @10bit , picture loses some clarity, even in games.

I read something about that you have to rename the HDMI to PC for getting full chroma subsampling AND all picture settings, is that true or do i have to choose between Game-Mode+all picture settings or PC-Mode+some greyed-out settings but 4:4:4?

Yes, I would like that clarified too, That is, can we only get full 4:4:4 when the input is named 'PC' and every other input name type down samples an incoming 4:4:4 signal ?

8381 - 8400 of 16052 Posts