AVS Forum banner

9661 - 9680 of 16055 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Anybody having any issues with firmware 04.70.12? Because I had my set professionally calibrated, I always wait a few days before allowing the updates to proceed. It's been out in the U.S. for about 10 days.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Question for everyone. Is anyone having issues with LG Channels at the moment?

I'm getting the error code "hmm, I can't access the LG channels lineup at the moment. (9819)".

I have activated LG channels in the channel settings tab.

Also, no LG channels are showing on my channel guide.

I'm rather flummoxed. Anyone else not getting this working at the moment?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
I've had that issue before, but I don't know if it is occurring right now. I believe I saw an update last night with ABC News being added to LG Channels. It may have been due to the update taking place. Otherwise check that your internet is working and that the TV is showing a valid internet connection.

Reactions: Joydivision84

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello guys, new poster here but ive read the whole thread.
Can we start a petition or a discussion with lg regarding limitation on losless HD audio of the mediaplayer and apps like plex?

Good idea or not?
Maybe they can implement it before C10 comes

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've had that issue before, but I don't know if it is occurring right now. I believe I saw an update last night with ABC News being added to LG Channels. It may have been due to the update taking place. Otherwise check that your internet is working and that the TV is showing a valid internet connection.
Appreciate the response man, thank you. My net seems to be fine, no issues elsewhere, even on any other lg app, so here's hoping it's fixed soon. I'll check later tonight.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,180 Posts
Those paintings that show when there is no signal... it's not possible to change that to something else, is it?
C8 menu, 2019 should be similar

The options are
  • Use the images from the "Gallery" app on No Signal
  • Don't use those images on No Signal
Obviously, this is not the same thing as running the Gallery app. It's just a nice touch that the "No Signal" screen can also borrow the images from the Gallery app.

·
Registered
485 Posts
OLED77C9PUB vs OLED77C9AUB

I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks. I'm looking to retire my Sony XBR75x940d to the loft, and I'm close to pulling the trigger on the LG C9 77 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ®. I've noticed there are two different model numbers (OLED77C9PUB and OLED77C9AUB). I'm sorry if this has been asked / answered already, but is there any difference between the two? Is one preferred over the other?? I know the OLED77C9AUB is sold at Costco, while the OLED77C9PUB is sold at Best Buy and Amazon. I wasn't able to determine any difference, other than the PUB vs AUB.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
10,907 Posts
Hello guys, new poster here but ive read the whole thread.
Can we start a petition or a discussion with lg regarding limitation on losless HD audio of the mediaplayer and apps like plex?

Good idea or not?
Maybe they can implement it before C10 comes
I would like to see them fix PCM over eARC before worrying about this issue.

·
Registered
788 Posts
The most important thing to my understanding and usage would be built-in WiSA capabilities in the PUB model

I've been lurking this forum for a few weeks. I'm looking to retire my Sony XBR75x940d to the loft, and I'm close to pulling the trigger on the LG C9 77 inch Class 4K Smart OLED TV w/ AI ThinQ®️. I've noticed there are two different model numbers (OLED77C9PUB and OLED77C9AUB). I'm sorry if this has been asked / answered already, but is there any difference between the two? Is one preferred over the other?? I know the OLED77C9AUB is sold at Costco, while the OLED77C9PUB is sold at Best Buy and Amazon. I wasn't able to determine any difference, other than the PUB vs AUB.

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Does nvidia Turing cards support ALLM? I mean there is an instance game mode message, is it ALLM? Also there is a new video, wow... If that was the way LG advertize their products, then...

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have not accepted all the "agreements" to enable Channels or "voice" functions. Does that keep my microphone disabled? Is there anyway to verify my microphone is disabled?

If I did accept the agreements and turn on Channels will using the LG Channels be enough to eliminate the NO SIGNAL popup when moving between sources? Or is an Antenna the only way?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Honestly. I wouldn't sweat 4K GSync at 120Hz. I have it running at 60HZ and it's just as smooth as my 4K 144Hz monitor.
GSync just makes it so, awesome upgrade.
To provide an alternate perspective on this, I think 120Hz is important. Regardless of GSYNC, I find 60Hz nowhere near as smooth as 120Hz, let alone 144Hz. The difference is large enough that I forego using 4k60 in favor of 1440p120.

Your post is valuable in that it shows 120Hz isn't of significant benefit to everyone, but when you say 60Hz GSYNC is "just as smooth" as 144Hz, it makes me think just you haven't looked very hard.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the 65" c9 with most current firmware and the most recent drivers from Nvidia and am having a pretty annoying issue.

Whenever there is a near black or black majority screen (like a loading screen specifically in destiny 2 or jedi fallen order) the screen is flashing /flickering the whole time. Kinda looks like a it's freaking out on its brightness settings or something but it noticeably has this kind of strobe effect when showing these really dark screens. You don't seem to have it during game play or if you did you can't really see it with anything bright. But I know using the exact same picture settings with instant game response turned off the problem isn't there simply turn it on and keep everything else the same and it instantly happens.

Doesn't matter if it's hdr or not it always flashes like this with auto low latency turned on.

Can anyone else test these exact scenarios and tell me of its just my TV or if it's the same way on all of the TV's?

Here's a video of it happening.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
To provide an alternate perspective on this, I think 120Hz is important. Regardless of GSYNC, I find 60Hz nowhere near as smooth as 120Hz, let alone 144Hz. The difference is large enough that I forego using 4k60 in favor of 1440p120.

Your post is valuable in that it shows 120Hz isn't of significant benefit to everyone, but when you say 60Hz GSYNC is "just as smooth" as 144Hz, it makes me think just you haven't looked very hard.

Yeah, that is just an absurd take. Gsync doesn’t make a locked 60fps game feel much smother than using vsync. What it does, is make frame dips feel smooth. Playing FPS at 60 or 120 is a night and day difference even with Gsync on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the 65" c9 with most current firmware and the most recent drivers from Nvidia and am having a pretty annoying issue.

Whenever there is a near black or black majority screen (like a loading screen specifically in destiny 2 or jedi fallen order) the screen is flashing /flickering the whole time. Kinda looks like a it's freaking out on its brightness settings or something but it noticeably has this kind of strobe effect when showing these really dark screens. You don't seem to have it during game play or if you did you can't really see it with anything bright. But I know using the exact same picture settings with instant game response turned off the problem isn't there simply turn it on and keep everything else the same and it instantly happens.

Doesn't matter if it's hdr or not it always flashes like this with auto low latency turned on.

Can anyone else test these exact scenarios and tell me of its just my TV or if it's the same way on all of the TV's?
I have this problem as well. My flashes happen during load screens and stutters, which makes me think G-SYNC could also figure into it. One of these days I'll get around to testing it.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I am beginning to think that any game with an in-menu HDR calibration should be done with HGIG enabled. If HGIG is simply telling the TV not to tone map because the game will do that, it should work with any HDR game that has HDR calibration for the game engine to tone map appropriately. I think the console level calibration allows games to take settings stored on the console so the user does not have to calibrate each game individually.

Much easier than this, just turn off Dyamic Tonemap for ALL settings. DONE!

Thats all HGIG does for MW (as far as I can tell), and Dynamic Tonemap on is terrible for gaming from every game I have tried. IMO Dynamic Tonemap off is the right way to go. a HUGE part of my eye strain with MW was due to Dynamic tonemap being on by default. The lights are ABSURD. The blacks are off. Turn Dynamic Tonemap off and recalibrate HDR in game and you will be in love.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Much easier than this, just turn off Tonemap for ALL settings. DONE!

Thats all HGIG does for MW, and Tonemap on is terrible for gaming from every game I have tried. IMO Tonemap off is the right way to go. a HUGE part of my eye strain with MW was due to tonemap being on by default. The lights are ABSURD. The blacks are off. Turn Tonemap off and recalibrate HDR in game and you will be in love.
But you need tonemap by standard! The tv cannot even do 1000 nits, so tonemap is always needed to put 1000 and more highlights to ~~850 nits.

9661 - 9680 of 16055 Posts